Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the same EU regulations I guess we will never see the cool advanced summon across the parking lot either... EU regulations is max 7 meters distance from operator to the car for auto park systems.

Agreed, no way will we get advanced summon in the EU for the foreseeable future.

I tried NoA in the UK this morning. I noticed you have to use the indicator to confirm the lane change rather than the autopilot stalk that is used in the US. Seems clear that regulators here only allow a lane change via a turn signal initiated by the driver. I can't see unconfirmed lane changes happening in the EU either...

I tried the Mad Max mode yesterday on NoA and my MS made a very aggressive lane change in front of a redneck trucker in the other lane who sped up to try and cut me off when the turn indicator came on. Usually the car is very cautious and aborts the lane change in this situation but this time it carried the maneuver out and pissed off the trucker. It was way more aggressive than I would have done myself. Anyone else have this happen with then new firmware update? I had just upgraded to 2019.16.1 from 2019.12.1.2 a couple of days before.

Indeed and FSD now seems like a distant dream...

The Norwegian site still says automatic city driving for FSD... Maybe for cities with huge turns?

NoA, Advanced summon, Trafic signs and stop sign recognition and Automatic city driving are part of FSD in Switzerland.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Volle Tauglichkeit für autonomes Fahren (= FSD)
  • Navigieren mit Autopilot-Funktionalität: automatische Fahrt auf Autobahnen von der Ein- bis zur Ausfahrt einschliesslich Autobahnkreuzen und Überholen von langsameren Fahrzeugen.
  • Einparkautomatik: paralleles und rechtwinkliges Einparken.
  • "Herbeirufen": Ihr geparktes Auto findet Sie auf Parkplätzen und kommt zu Ihnen. Unglaublich, aber wahr!
Bis Ende des Jahres: ( = End of 2019)
  • Ampel-/Stoppschilder Erkennung mit Anhalte-/Anfahrautomatik
  • Automatisches Fahren innerorts.

I tried the Mad Max mode yesterday on NoA and my MS made a very aggressive lane change in front of a redneck trucker in the other lane who sped up to try and cut me off when the turn indicator came on. Usually the car is very cautious and aborts the lane change in this situation but this time it carried the maneuver out and pissed off the trucker. It was way more aggressive than I would have done myself. Anyone else have this happen with then new firmware update? I had just upgraded to 2019.16.1 from 2019.12.1.2 a couple of days before.
I have not experienced this at all. Mad Max mode in my car(s) only makes the car change lanes from behind someone going slower than the set EAP speed. Doesn't actually affect how the car physically changes lanes in my car just how quickly it decides if it wants to go around someone traveling slower. Haven't gotten that (2019.16.*) firmware yet so hopefully it does. I can't use NOA on parts of my commute because it will NOT make an aggressive lane change which is 95% required on every commute so I am hoping it is a new feature.

NoA, Advanced summon, Trafic signs and stop sign recognition and Automatic city driving are part of FSD in Switzerland.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Volle Tauglichkeit für autonomes Fahren (= FSD)
  • Navigieren mit Autopilot-Funktionalität: automatische Fahrt auf Autobahnen von der Ein- bis zur Ausfahrt einschliesslich Autobahnkreuzen und Überholen von langsameren Fahrzeugen.
  • Einparkautomatik: paralleles und rechtwinkliges Einparken.
  • "Herbeirufen": Ihr geparktes Auto findet Sie auf Parkplätzen und kommt zu Ihnen. Unglaublich, aber wahr!
Bis Ende des Jahres: ( = End of 2019)
  • Ampel-/Stoppschilder Erkennung mit Anhalte-/Anfahrautomatik
  • Automatisches Fahren innerorts.
Where did you find that information?
Does anyone in Switzerland have NoA now?

Now that’s some great news!!

We also have 15 second nags in Japan...

Also when I initiate auto lane change (not NoA) by pressing up/down the turn signal stalk fully, it always fails, with 2019.16.1.1. If I light click turn signal stalk, the car starts auto lane change, but compared to 2019.12, it is much less aggressive and try to keep distance from the following car in the new lane. Thus in this firmware I really can't do auto lane change.

And nobody reports brake lights animation?? Seriously?

• Informative
Reactions: OPRCE and croman
Sounds like it’s working as intended and pissing off the trucker is a bonus

You never know with Tesla if this is a 'patch' or 'feature' release.

Currently the versioning scheme was thought to be yyyy.ww.minor.patch so I would think this would be a new feature or maybe a feature toggle release.
What? This has happened several times. They roll several versions in slow increments, fixing bugs in each and finally one meets their ‘standards’ and goes ‘full’ speed. In four hours 16.2 has more (about the same) downloads than 16.1 had in some full days.

Again, this has happened several times before. Which is why I said, this may very well be the final version of 16.x.

Disappointing to hear that 2019.16 didn’t fix the AP problem. I have the same issue but still on 2019.12. Another owner with a similar problem posted in a different thread that the service center was able to fix it with replacing radar and cameras. I guess we need to go to service center and demand a fix even if that requires replacing the AP computer.
If you're on 2019.12 and have those issues you either have a hardware problem or 2019.12 update is corrupted. I've recently completed two 1,000 mile plus road trips using APoNav 90% of the time. Had none of these issues. I was amazed at how well it performed in heavy rain. The car obviously sees better than I. AP2 MCU1. My brother in law was so impressed he's looking for an inventory deal.

Last edited:
IMG_20190521_081157.jpg
New visualizer is cool. Way easier to see things like lane lines and your car when on single lane roads. Almost giving AS without lane lines with a curb but not quite where it was a couple years ago. If you engage while lane lines are present and continue after they stop, AS is very capable at judging proper drivable space even with cars hogging the road. It just hugs the curb which is nerve-wracking but it does a great job so far. I didn't yet test out NoA because it's been generally incapable of Chicago morning traffic. I'll be better on my return and I'll report back. No calibration needed.

If you're on 2019.12 and have those issues you either have a hardware problem or 2019.12 update is corrupted. I've recently completed two 1,000 mile plus road trips using APoNav 90% of the time. Had none of these issues. I was amazed at how well it performed in heavy rain. The car obviously sees better than I. AP2 MCU1. My brother in law was so impressed he's looking for an inventory deal.
I agree with you. The problem is getting the service center to agree and fix it. They keep canceling my appointments stating it is a firmware issue and nothing they can do about it, just wait for the software fix with future updates!

• Disagree
Reactions: thimel
2015 S85 with AP1 on 2019.16.1.1 here. All my buttons lost their labels with this update. Except one. This is my favorite:
AA39F760-C15C-48A1-B2A0-6D0B5D6364FD.jpeg

Did this version fix the broken sorting off USB music in the media player?
For me I’m seeing file names still, but at least these are sorted properly now. I might’ve first seen this while still on the last update though. I do now see an audio settings button next to the search button (as opposed to the old equalizer button). I like this change.

• Funny
Reactions: rohan_aus
Where did you find that information?
Does anyone in Switzerland have NoA now?
I just installed 16.2 on my 2018 MS 100D with AP2.5 here in Switzerland. No NoA but a severely handicapped EAP now.
This version is horrific and it's not going to get better as it's related to a regulatory limitation about how much steering input EAP can perform. It quit half way around a slight curve on the on ramp 3 mins into my first test drive of this version. I wish I had not upgraded......
20190521_131413.jpg

I just installed 16.2 on my 2018 MS 100D with AP2.5 here in Switzerland. No NoA but a severely handicapped EAP now.
This version is horrific and it's not going to get better as it's related to a regulatory limitation about how much steering input EAP can perform. It quit half way around a slight curve on the on ramp 3 mins into my first test drive of this version. I wish I had not upgraded......View attachment 410165
Could you please post a video?

Reactions: StefanSarzio