Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.20.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are right and my memory is playing tricks!
I just went and re-listened to the whole album (it was like 20 years ago the last time I listened to it) and WOW I was blown away like the first time I saw it in the cinema 35 years ago.

It is definitely a classic...

A buddy of mine took me back in the 70's to see it when I had never heard of the movie. Everyone but me and my buddy were dressed in costumes, had their cigarette lighters, and were throwing rice during the wedding scene. I still watch it every once in a while. I had a sister named Janet and loved to say "Dammit Janet" to her. :)

Reactions: f205v
I accepted an update last night ... I believe I received an "Update Successful" notification from the app.

My wife drove the car this morning, no problem. She ran a few errands, and took the kids to the park. Now the MCU and dash screens are dark, and scroll wheel reboots are not working. I spent ~45 minutes on the phone with Tesla Support, and they believe the update failed.

Phone app seems to be working, but car location is reporting incorrectly. App reports Version 2019.20.2.1

They are attempting to push another update manually. If it fails again, they will tow it to the Service Center.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Car must be parked for Sentry mode to be enabled and active. So, AP cannot be turned on as we are not driving.
The point was sometimes when Sentry was on, it didn’t release the cameras when put into Drive. So, when you tried to start AP, it would fail.

The fix was to turn off Sentry and shut the car down for a minute or so and then it would work. Obviously some sort of process timing error or need to retry to release cameras, etc.

All these releases with small user additions we hope have tons of bug fixes and other improvements behind the scenes! 20.2.1 seems to be going out wide on TeslaFi (whether you believe it’s a good sample or not. :D).

Reactions: ironwaffle
I've had the same issues as tllt reported since 16.2 and continuing with 20.1. The most frustrating of these issues is that the energy consumption graph is frozen and will not reset regardless of whether I reboot or power down the car.

Service center said that it wasn’t a firmware issue. They said it is an issue with the storage being full. They opened a ticket for me with engineering to get them to clean it up over the air. If you still have this issue, I would call them up to have them clear up the storage on your car

Well... Car didn't accept manual update, but I was able to drive it home. Used the phone app to "wake up" the car, and just put it in gear and go. Both screens are black, but car will drive.

It's in the street, awaiting a tow tonight.

Next problem for me... Service center round trip is about out of range of my Leaf. I wonder, will they return it to me after fixing it?

Tow truck driver claims this was the fourth car with this issue he has seen today.

Failed updates with blank screens.

Good luck with updates everyone!

Interesting. I’m pretty sure mine halfway failed. Saw a 170MB download and then the car went offline entirely. Went down to check and found the screen black and unresponsive. Finally, screen came back on but interface was super slow and Wifi and cell connection was entirely disabled. Went and manually turned on WiFi and everything slowly came back.

About 5 minutes later, I got a notification of an available update and installed it and got 20.2.1. Everything’s been good since.

Interesting. I’m pretty sure mine halfway failed. Saw a 170MB download and then the car went offline entirely. Went down to check and found the screen black and unresponsive. Finally, screen came back on but interface was super slow and Wifi and cell connection was entirely disabled. Went and manually turned on WiFi and everything slowly came back.

About 5 minutes later, I got a notification of an available update and installed it and got 20.2.1. Everything’s been good since.
The mcu1 can be very slow when it's using full CPU while cryotographically verifying the download package. That can take as much as 20 min (after download is done, but before update is ready to install) sometimes.