Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't worry, it's not just you, it's me and half the fleet too.
Well I think we are in a better position then if at the start of this page someone said Tesla had to put another update out after 2019.8.3 because of bugs :D

This isn't something I've noticed in the past, but when you get the notification for an update does it tell you what version you are about to update to? My car is always slow to get the updates but sometimes that works to my advantage by seeing what issues others are running into when they get the updates pretty fast.

Wouldn’t this technically change everyday when a car commutes to work and disconnects from WiFi? If it reconnects daily and restarts the VPN to the mothership correctly nightly, then sorry this sounds like more made-up advice from the service center people that don’t understand networking.
yes. agree. Service folks sure seem to know how to make up stuff. In this case it makes no common sense. Thousands of cars not being updated because of WifI issues ???? Not likely at all.

Reactions: boaterva
Who started this SoC battery requirement rumor? Never heard that in three years on here. :D

WiFi will speed you up a tad so Tesla doesn’t have to pay for the data (we’re pretty sure). Nothing else has been proven to help at all ever that I’m aware of. Cars can get ‘stuck’ with a bad download but it’s your time when it’s your time is all I can gather after everything I’ve read.

And today I was told by Tesla support (Utah) when emailing about another issue that I can expect release(s) maybe Saturday and Wednesday night. I have NO idea if that is some special schedule or more BS (but why say that at all). I just happened to mention in passing I was waiting for 2019.8.4 after having .3 pulled back.

We shall see!

(He had me pull power to clear a stuck maps download which it did do. But he trotted out the old ‘be sure car is on good WiFi’. Don’t you think they could see that status from remote access? It has an access point literally five feet away and has full strength on the screen’s WiFi indicator.)

Wouldn’t this technically change everyday when a car commutes to work and disconnects from WiFi? If it reconnects daily and restarts the VPN to the mothership correctly nightly, then sorry this sounds like more made-up advice from the service center people that don’t understand networking.

What percentage of cars do not move from their garage once a week or so, meaning the WiFi and VPN aren’t torn down and reset?

I don't know. You might be right. I am a layman in this. Just saying what has been said to me.

I was at the super charger today. I noticed that the charge rate was higher than what I had seen in the past. All 12 stalls were occupied. Still at one point I noticed the display showing 118kw and 400mi/hr. When I took the photo it dropped little-see pic. but still very fast, 115kw. i got updates 19.8.1 on 3/12 and 19.8.3 on 3/27.

Attachments

• IMG_20190330_200012.jpg
    IMG_20190330_200012.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Helpful
Reactions: johnking
Lol. Tried to hear the alarm in Sentry mode... Recording turned on... nothing. MCU reboots... LOL.
I could not get it to alarm at all. Need to try again I guess.

FWIW, I posted earlier about crashing. I was in service and they reloaded, no crashes since then.

TACC is twitchy as hell now with this update. Constantly on and off with acceleration and braking. I had to turn it off, it was literally making me motion sick. It was so smooth before, now it seems to constantly accelerate and then brake hard, then accelerate, then brake hard.

I had the exact same experience. Phantom braking galore and motion sickness from the accel/decel cycles on TACC. I’ve bug reported this a few times. Let’s all do it so they go back to when TACC actually worked well!:mad:

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I had the exact same experience. Phantom braking galore and motion sickness from the accel/decel cycles on TACC. I’ve bug reported this a few times. Let’s all do it so they go back to when TACC actually worked well!:mad:

We can't 'all do it' as we don't all have the problem...

Might be more helpful to compare settings, I have TACC set to 3 car lengths and it is perfectly smooth at all times. (19.8.4)

Reactions: quickstrike12
So I am not looking forward to my commute tomorrow after reading lots of the comments on 2019.8.3 - here’s hoping I get 2019.8.4 before the morning. When I was on 2019.5.14 the phantom breaking and hesitations were bad enough but 8.3 just doesn’t sound fun at all.

Reactions: markn455
So I am not looking forward to my commute tomorrow after reading lots of the comments on 2019.8.3 - here’s hoping I get 2019.8.4 before the morning. When I was on 2019.5.14 the phantom breaking and hesitations were bad enough but 8.3 just doesn’t sound fun at all.

It is really strange because because I’ve been loving 2018.8.3. It’s been the best performing Autopilot for me yet and I took a 3 hour drive in a mix of heavy and light traffic.

Had a chance to drive my car around for a few hours last night. AP1, MCU1, 2019.8.3.

• AP is butter smooth. I keep it at setting 3 and I have to say it's wonderful now. It was pretty good before too, but it's now just smooth as can be, like a real driver.
  • Lane change does not work with a single tap. Have to either push the stalk down all the way for it to click, or hold it halfway depressed until it changes.
  • I have dog mode, the new climate cluster (what advantage that gives, I don't know), and insane +
  • Insane + feels a bit more peppy but likely just the placebo effect. Nothing happens when I select it, no max battery power warning or even mention
  • No release notes even after hours of driving

It is really strange because because I’ve been loving 2018.8.3. It’s been the best performing Autopilot for me yet and I took a 3 hour drive in a mix of heavy and light traffic.

Same here on best performing yet. Drove back from Stowe VT to Ann Arbor MI on Friday. Only one phantom event. Really does well with trucks that have a drifting backend over the line. Little ping pongy in Canada on wider lanes.

I have only had lane change work on single tap when on NOA and suggested for S.

Had release notes at beginning that I posted, then disappeared. Then came back.:confused:

Back to FL on Tuesday with snows off. That will be the real test.

Reactions: chillaban