Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So..I got 8.4 yesterday. The blindspot warning appeared immediately after. IC does not show other lanes on the highway anymore. it was working fine just prior to loading (a few hours before) and I've never had that issue before. So I'm assuming it's either a firmware bug, or there's some updated diagnostics that really are detecting faults now that it couldn't before. Or maybe it's calibrating? I plan to give it a couple days before contacting service.

As of today and a fair amount of driving later, I still have the warning. Scheduled service for next week.

I would like to follow-up on the below initial post to this thread.

After getting home I did a full reboot of the MCU and drove another day without using AP/TACC (*sad face*). I'm somewhat happy to report that much of the insanity is gone. HOWEVER, when driving in the full right lane approaching a merge on a highway passing slow merging traffic, the car will slam on its brakes and NOT continue on allowing the slower moving car to merge properly. It damn near sat there right next to it wondering what it should do while the confused driver next to me continued to slow down and my car did the same... It was a horrible experience. The general twitchiness and sensitivity with cars next to me is still there but not quite as bad as day 1.

I still want 8.x UI back. Why the hell do I need to render a map under my windows, sucking up all the CPU *sigh* **LAME**.

I have not read this thread but got 2019.8.4 last night. Feedback from today’s 80 miles of commuting:

Prior version: 2018.50.6 4ec03ed
2017 Model S 75D, EAP/FSD AP 2.0, MCU1

AP is super twitchy and feels nervous.
Lane division lines now seen outside of AP mode
Numerous braking events, am no longer trusting it. Prior version 2018.50.6 did not have these events nearly as much.
Instrument cluster locked up
HVAC controls having seat heat etc on the first page is a welcome change, would prefer old 8.x UI and camera on top.

Overall I am not trusting this version at all. It’s as if the car has forgotten everything and is having to relearn. It reminds me of how the car behaves in 2017, or worse. I have never had it behave this twitchy and nervous before. I also saw the car images on the instrument cluster spinning all around as if the car was dizzy and couldn’t track them. Very bizarre behaviour. (Car was stopped at a light). The neighboring car display early on felt rough/bouncy when it came out but in 2018.50.6 things seemed to calm down pretty nicely but this was absolutely bonkers today. The car images were literally spinning around in circles on the cluster.

I got the 8.4 couple of days ago. NoA has too many unnecessary braking, seems worse than 2018.50.6. Whenever I drove next to a big rig on the adjacent lane, it braked. It feels like a beginner driving and scares of everything around. It can also ease off the throttle and gently brake if the car in front of you stopped which is far away but it did a hard brake first and then ease off. This really discourage me from using it, I don't want to change the brake pad sooner than it's needed.

I got the 8.4 couple of days ago. NoA has too many unnecessary braking, seems worse than 2018.50.6. Whenever I drove next to a big rig on the adjacent lane, it braked. It feels like a beginner driving and scares of everything around. It can also ease off the throttle and gently brake if the car in front of you stopped which is far away but it did a hard brake first and then ease off. This really discourage me from using it, I don't want to change the brake pad sooner than it's needed.
The crazy part of this new update is that some of us, myself included, are finding this updates AP and NOA to be much better than 2018.50.6, on that update I didn't use AP or NOA on my daily commute as it would brake to hard for others cars or hug the center lane were as this update brakes so much better and I have yet to have a phantom brake incident yet and it puts the car dead center of the lane. I have now used it for 3 days straight going to and from work and so far it has worked very well. I wonder if all cars have the same radar unit in them , I have a 2017 MS AP 2, MCU 1, or did they change them and this is what's causing the issues for some cars and not others.

tech and service writer wrapped up and said it was my driver's side side marker camera unit and swapped it out and said that cleared the error.

Have my X in the PDX Service Center. Here is my diagnosis of the Blindspot Camera detection fault, that disables Nav on AP, and lane detection.
‘...investigating your blind spot alerts and will need to replace the drivers side repeater camera, as mentioned during check-in.’

The SC is also installing the sonar Anti Theft addition for my X, so I will pick my X up Friday.
With some luck they will have already pushed the 2019.9.x Nav on AP w/o Stalk confirmation update from Wednesday ‘s Press Release.
They said they will give me latest available, so it’s a wildcard.
-TechVP

400 2019.8.5 to 3’s and about a dozen or so to S/X on TeslaFi but we got .4 to both cars the same day this week, so looks like rollouts have sped up (the X was on 2018.50.6 forever, like so many others). Got it on the 3 a few hours ago.

Here’s hoping we all see some S/X progress by the end of the weekend!

Reactions: NewTMSMan
400 2019.8.5 to 3’s and about a dozen or so to S/X on TeslaFi but we got .4 to both cars the same day this week, so looks like rollouts have sped up (the X was on 2018.50.6 forever, like so many others). Got it on the 3 a few hours ago.

Here’s hoping we all see some S/X progress by the end of the weekend!
Wonder what 8.5 is going to add to S. Especially AP2 cars