Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it is difficult to look at the brake lights while pressing on the brake pedal, but I had my kids take a picture...
They usually teach students a good trick to do that at driver's school when you are supposed to check the lights before driving ;). Just jam the plastic box that the emergency triangle is in between the driver's seat and the brake pedal, and go back and look.

• Funny
Reactions: delaughterdo
Has anyone noticed if TACC starts moving faster after the car in front of you starts moving from a stoplight? I cant tell if its just my imagination or if its moving off the line faster. I havnt had to hit the accelerator after being stopped nearly as much as I used to.
It feels like it, just curious if others feel the same way.

Reactions: StefanSarzio
....I’m glad I have it in the Model 3 nevertheless and sure it will improve but am jealous I can’t hardwire a dashcam in my Model 3 like in our Model S.....

Why not? I have the same Blackvue 900S-2 in my Model 3, X and S all hardwired.

From what I read from members here on TMC a while ago after Model 3 came out and people wanted to similarily install a dashcam, hardwiring on the Model 3 will eventually drain the 12v battery and cause fatal errors with the battery. Owners said it worked well for a period of time and then the errors started to happen. Believe I read something about the car doing checks on the system. Early owners received goodwill battery replacements but later ones said the cost was on them as Tesla said it wasn't an approved addition. That's why other Model 3 owners went to using Blackvue's external battery pack for power in their cars. Not something I want to do. With the Model S and X, hardwiring through the mirror's overhead lighting area was possible without battery degradation. That probably will change if they adapt a similar wiring system for the Model S/X when it refreshes. I haven't pursued a Blackvue in my Model 3 since reading this info from owners on the forum, and unless something has changed that I'm not aware of I think it's still an issue hardwiring a dashcam in that fashion. If you've hardwired yours, you might want to checkout those threads on the Model 3 forum.

I've been using TeslaCam/Sentry Mode since my 2019.5.4 on 2/24. Not bad but still a work in progress as I have green screen and corruption issues on a number of files regardless of media used to record. While still in the initial public release development stages, I think there will still be somewhat limited coverage even if all cameras get used at some point but could be wrong. The other day I was pulling out of a Starbuck's drivethru and had the right of way over cars on my left who had a stop sign and stop line before the drivethru exit. Good thing I was going slow as I was exiting because the driver to my left didn't stop at all and drove right through the stop sign area. She looked oblivious to the signage. I waited a few minutes for the video to be recorded to the USB flashdrive and then Saved the 10-minute footage. After reviewing both the left repeater and front cam footage, she was not at all visible until her car was in front of mine so that's definitely an area of weakness for TeslaCam right now. Not familiar enough with the camera set up to know if there can be coverage at front side. The front facing camera has a limited field view and she was not caught on that as she blew through the stop sign off to my front left.

• Informative
Reactions: SpudLime
Has anyone noticed if TACC starts moving faster after the car in front of you starts moving from a stoplight? I cant tell if its just my imagination or if its moving off the line faster. I havnt had to hit the accelerator after being stopped nearly as much as I used to.
It feels like it, just curious if others feel the same way.
I just got 8.3 last night and drove with it for the first time today. I used TACC and AP on my way to work and I was thinking the exact same thing. It definitely felt like it was taking off sooner after the car in front started moving. It still does not accelerate as fast as I would like so I still feel like I need to press on the "gas" to get up to speed quicker. I think this might be a small step in the right direction.

I just got 8.3 last night and drove with it for the first time today. I used TACC and AP on my way to work and I was thinking the exact same thing. It definitely felt like it was taking off sooner after the car in front started moving. It still does not accelerate as fast as I would like so I still feel like I need to press on the "gas" to get up to speed quicker. I think this might be a small step in the right direction.

Totally agree. I think everyone is different with their tolerance before they mash the accelerator to keep up with the traffic. I will keep an eye out. Thanks for confirming.

Reactions: ArbitrageMan
Just got 2019.8.1 on my AP1 MS. Appears I'm the only one based on TeslaFi's and ev-fw's databases.

Release notes were very sparse, only specifying dog mode, and then saying "previous release notes" including GPS based mirror folding and climate control consolidation.

Notable absent were indications of en-route-to-supercharger battery preconditioning, as well as 145kW charging capability. Anyone seen any of these two functions in the field yet?

When in Park, no error messages.

Put foot on brake, shift to Drive: Yellow Exclamation on Instrument Panel/Gauge cluster stating "Blindspot Detection Limited, Camera Visibility Reduced". On the MCU screen, there's a red ! mark in a circle. If clicked, it states the same thing but with a Red Triangle.

View attachment 390902

Let us all know how your service appointment went. Same issue here. Looking for answers. MX AP2.0
-TechVP

Same here. Got the warning when I started reversing out of the garage. Backed out to driveway, parked, read this thread to figure out what was wrong. Reversed again out of driveway and error no longer appeared. No issues on subsequent 1.5-hour drive. Seems like a software issue, thinking tight clearance in garage means side repeaters are not capturing properly (because they just see a white wall).
I don't think it is a bug. I see the same message everytime I park in my garage because my side wall is very close. It has less than 3 inches clearance.

Once I drive out of my garage, the message is gone. The message makes sense becaue it won't be able to detect blindspot when there is a wall next to it.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Well for me it's got to be a bug. I'm parked outdoors at work, I've used soap, water, and a clean microfiber to gently clean the camera and the message won't go away.

I park in a 2 car garage at home that occasionally has my kids stuff parked close to my car and I've never seen the message before today. I have my appointment on 1 Apr, and will definitely report back.

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP
Anyone having more MCU crashes with 2019.8.3?

I got it last night (MS 2.5HW). MCU crashed 4x within 20m of driving. Last one at Tesla Service where I was for an unrelated appt. Of course they said its new and has bugs, wait for the next release. I'm thinking 4x is pretty excessive. Hoping (based on no logic) that it works itself out before I get the car back from service.

Of course they said its new and has bugs, wait for the next release.
If we all had a dollar for everytime we heard 'fixed in the next release'!
My TPMS has been hit and miss from day one, more often than not there is no PSI reading at all with no warnings the system is offline, guess what I was told.....known software bug that will be fixed in an upcoming software update..hasn't happened yet.

Clearly the testing phases before software rollout at Tesla is a trainwreck, like you many bugs I put up with daily I noticed within 5 mins of installing the update, how are these missed in testing when they are so obvious?

I mentioned to my husband to reboot before heading out this morning after his car got the 19.8.3 update last night, which he did. But he can’t see the release notes and said when he drove to the parking lot today his car got the “blindspot detection limited, camera visibility reduced” alert. I told him others were seeing that, as well as no release notes. He’s a S75D, AP2, MCU1. He said he hasn’t seen that alert before and wondered if the cars parked next to him were triggering it. Our cars were parked outside in the driveway last night so no garage to backout of. I’m passing on some of the other driving issues mentioned so he’ll at least be aware what he might experience. We’ll be curious what the service center says when you guys take your cars in with these issues.

• Informative
Reactions: Blitz3RS and TechVP
So, I know the M3 is the new baby so getting main focus but why doesn’t the S or X get the Dynamic Brake Lights. This has to be a pretty simple item on the list compare to others and hardware shouldn’t make any difference.

Tesla pushes Dynamic Brake Lights that warns other drivers of rapid braking
There was a thread discussing the requirements of dynamic brake lights and something about the base light needed to be the same as the normal light. Don’t know if the requirements in Europe are different.

TeslaFi still seems to be showing rollout of 2019.8.3 for all three models but haven’t received it on my X when similar aged VINs have and our 3 had a release yesterday AM and it evaporated a few hours later. A few other reports of the same on the 3 forum.

Makes no sense with the large numbers of both still going on.... if this was pullled there would be some sort of large visibility. Really weird. So, FYI.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
I mentioned to my husband to reboot before heading out this morning after his car got the 19.8.3 update last night, which he did. But he can’t see the release notes and said when he drove to the parking lot today his car got the “blindspot detection limited, camera visibility reduced” alert. I told him others were seeing that, as well as no release notes. He’s a S75D, AP2, MCU1. He said he hasn’t seen that alert before and wondered if the cars parked next to him were triggering it. Our cars were parked outside in the driveway last night so no garage to backout of. I’m passing on some of the other driving issues mentioned so he’ll at least be aware what he might experience. We’ll be curious what the service center says when you guys take your cars in with these issues.

Just got an email back from my service center prior to Monday's appointment and they confirmed that they want to replace the sidemarker/repeater camera assemblies. Will let you know if this ends up fixing it!

My theory is that maybe this part changed a bit internally since it's a very early AP2 build (Oct 2016) compared to what they have on the shelves... Who knows.

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP and boaterva
Just got an email back from my service center prior to Monday's appointment and they confirmed that they want to replace the sidemarker/repeater camera assemblies. Will let you know if this ends up fixing it!

My theory is that maybe this part changed a bit internally since it's a very early AP2 build (Oct 2016) compared to what they have on the shelves... Who knows.

It has but AP2.5 has color repeater cameras. More than likely one camera has been malfunctioning but the system only recently started using the cameras and with this firmware it probably has a more accurate idea of when issues exist with the individual cameras since it relies more on them. Since yours was one of the first AP2, its likely they just didn't know how to install it properly.

Reactions: chillaban
It has but AP2.5 has color repeater cameras. More than likely one camera has been malfunctioning but the system only recently started using the cameras and with this firmware it probably has a more accurate idea of when issues exist with the individual cameras since it relies more on them. Since yours was one of the first AP2, its likely they just didn't know how to install it properly.
I agree with this. I’m also curious how many previous cases of people reporting AP2.x behaving egregiously bad is really undetected camera wonkiness.

Reactions: boaterva
Is any one getting this? I’m on AP1

Which fw version?

Just got 2019.8.1 on my AP1 MS. Appears I'm the only one based on TeslaFi's and ev-fw's databases.

Release notes were very sparse, only specifying dog mode, and then saying "previous release notes" including GPS based mirror folding and climate control consolidation.

Notable absent were indications of en-route-to-supercharger battery preconditioning, as well as 145kW charging capability. Anyone seen any of these two functions in the field yet?

Just curious: can you change lane with a single tap?