Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2019.8.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It might be true that nothing big comes or no new features but it's definitely unlikely no updates come
Would be nice to get long term support like Windows XP did, released in 2001 with official support ending in 2014 though it can still get updates even as late as April 2019!

I currently have 2019.8.3 and just got an update ready to install notification. What’s next, .5? What am i in for with this?
And this is what is so frustrating with their update cycle, you don't know what you are getting therefore you can't make an informed decision based on others experiences with each release discussed on here.

Reactions: OPRCE and croman
I know, I’ve said that. Has to be the case as one programmer could make this SO much better in a bit of spare time. :D
I have ruminated at length over what their algorithm for dishing out different versions is, what the random pattern is, and why they do it, and nothing ever really makes enough sense to explain it. Not bandwidth, not feedback from different things to test, not different bugfixes for different vehicle configurations, not regions, not anything at all. It simply defies logic.

I'm still on 2018 50.6 - Ranger showed up and told me there are/will be no more updates for my car.
2014 S 85.

There are at least a few folks on Teslafi with pre-AP cars and later software releases.

There's just nothing in the new releases relevant for your car, so Tesla isn't bothering to push them to you. I think it's quite premature to think that means you'll never get an update again. Assuming so on the word of a Tesla service employee is quite the jump to conclusions.

We just got the notice for update 2019.12.1.1 and installed last night on garage WiFi. Have not gone out to look to see if update notes exist.

I have not seen anything for sentry mode and wonder since the S60->75 built Jan 2017 Level 2 has that capability? I do have SIM card installed but does show it is installed via dashcam icon. This is all related to previous update that started thread.