Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been playing a mental game when I drive. I count all the Tesla’s I have spotted on the road since last October. I have now spotted 89. Many I have seen are around Richmond in the Melbourne area where I live and where the showroom is. Curiously the most I have seen are on Mont Albert Rd Canterbury where I seem to spot them every other time I drive on that road. The most I have seen in one day is 3 on a few times. Once I saw 3 in the space of about 5 minutes. I went to Bendigo over Easter and saw two on the Calder Freeway.

I am now think of revising that to a Leaf as there’s way more Tesla’s than the 650 Leafs that were sold :)
I own a LEAF and I hardly ever see others. I see the occasional City of Sydney ones, but privately owned - very rare.

In NSW, there are currently 1819 BEVs registered, and 1092 of those are Teslas. So you are more likely to see a Tesla than any other BEV combined. When Model 3 arrives next year, it will be BEV market share massacre.

Ok not an unusual sight to see 2 Model S at the St Leonards service centre, and one is mine, but 2 of 4 Anza Brown Model S in the country?
2BrownTeslas.jpg

Everyone needs to keep an eye out, notification emails have just gone out saying a Model 3 will be on display at Tesla Martin Place next Wednesday (22nd August) from 8am.

My invite is Tuesday, did anyone get Monday? I wonder when they will put it in the store?

Edit: Seems there is one in Martin place, Brisbane store and Chadston all starting on Tuesday next week
AUSSIES FINALLY get a look at the Tesla Model 3 - on display at the Martin Place Store : teslamotors

Last edited:
Looks like the Kiwi's will view the Model 3 this Wednesday 15th August 2018.
Trust me it looks much better in the wild/person than in the photos.

Agreed. Got to sit in one a few months back when in the US. Was struck just how close it felt to my Model S, just slightly smaller with a sparse dash and less storage space. In my 5 minutes with it it felt like 85% of my car at half the price. Is quicker too apparently. Love my S and wouldn't change now, but when weighing up the $ would have to think really hard what I would have bought if I was buying today.

Great to see Australian Tesla owners finally getting to see the Tesla 3 in person.
I was in Martin Place last April and Tesla associates had no idea of timeline for TM3 arrival

Looks like the first Tesla 3's will your your shores in Q2 2019!

Tesla is bringing Model 3 to Australia and New Zealand ahead of international launch

I've read that the Federal govt (Turnbull et al) is anti-EV and very pro-coal!
But, I thought that Queensland, Victoria & South Australia are all very PRO-EV

How's that working out?
Any State or Federal EV rebate/incentive forthcoming?

@Miggy: is that yours? That's an amazing car in a fantastic color. Any idea what its VIN might be?

@gingerbeer , @Higgy, @mspcooper, @LGGD's Friend : we know of only four 2014 Signature Red P85+ AP1 cars in existence. All of them were in Australia, since Tesla first started deliveries there in the last quarter of 2014. The ad says the seller is the second owner and it's an import (presumably from AUS since it's RHD), so I wonder if it's one of yours?

Reactions: LGGD
@Miggy: is that yours? That's an amazing car in a fantastic color. Any idea what its VIN might be?

@gingerbeer , @Higgy, @mspcooper, @LGGD's Friend : we know of only four 2014 Signature Red P85+ AP1 cars in existence. All of them were in Australia, since Tesla first started deliveries there in the last quarter of 2014. The ad says the seller is the second owner and it's an import (presumably from AUS since it's RHD), so I wonder if it's one of yours?
No sadly not mine.