Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotted in Australia and New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like The Star Supercharger is getting quite popular. Pretty soon there'll be a thread about congestion at the Superchargers. :eek:
Not being much of a gambler, I only once visited The Star once before buying Model S, and I try to spend money there whenever I Supercharge. Haven't found many places that take my fancy other than Din Tai Fung. What do people do when at The Star?
If you like ice cream, the gelato shop there is

What's the story - is this defensive parking (which I sometimes do) as a result of narrow parking spots?

Having been there a few times the lines do not match the placement of the Supercharger stalls and you have to park fairly close to each stall to allow the short and thick cable to reach your car. There seems to be about 2 and a half parking spaces on each side but only 2 Supercharger stalls.

It looks like The Star Supercharger is getting quite popular. Pretty soon there'll be a thread about congestion at the Superchargers. :eek:
Not being much of a gambler, I only once visited The Star once before buying Model S, and I try to spend money there whenever I Supercharge. Haven't found many places that take my fancy other than Din Tai Fung. What do people do when at The Star?
I haven't been yet. Its not somewhere that I'd normally frequent - although I'm in the CBD pretty often.

Having been there a few times the lines do not match the placement of the Supercharger stalls and you have to park fairly close to each stall to allow the short and thick cable to reach your car. There seems to be about 2 and a half parking spaces on each side but only 2 Supercharger stalls.

Yeah, the parking spots are a bit odd with regards to the chargers.

I noticed with the other car charging, mine was only getting around 50% of the usual power as documented.

Also, a few days ago the supercharger was only pumping out 40kW and my car was the only one there at the time...

As for activities - I usually get coffee, gelato as mentioned, the dumplings are excellent and there's a handful of stores.

The Star chargers seem to take a lot longer than St Leonard's. Haven't looked at the charge current delivered as I usually walk away from them in the Star, but the time is much longer. St Leonard's is between 40 and 50 mins for me. The Star around an hour and 10.

The Star chargers seem to take a lot longer than St Leonard's. Haven't looked at the charge current delivered as I usually walk away from them in the Star, but the time is much longer. St Leonard's is between 40 and 50 mins for me. The Star around an hour and 10.

Interesting that you say that because I used to get a faster charge rate at The Star. But not for the last few times I've been there.

St Leonard's seems to top out at just under 600km/hr but I've had The Star's rate go well beyond 600 and up to 690km/hr. Perhaps something has changed recently.

Interesting that you say that because I used to get a faster charge rate at The Star. But not for the last few times I've been there.

St Leonard's seems to top out at just under 600km/hr but I've had The Star's rate go well beyond 600 and up to 690km/hr. Perhaps something has changed recently.

That's strange. The Star should charge at 120kW max whilst St Leonard's is limited to 90kW max.

Yeah, the parking spots are a bit odd with regards to the chargers.

I noticed with the other car charging, mine was only getting around 50% of the usual power as documented.

Also, a few days ago the supercharger was only pumping out 40kW and my car was the only one there at the time...

As for activities - I usually get coffee, gelato as mentioned, the dumplings are excellent and there's a handful of stores.

you need to say what % battery you where charged at as the chargers have to decrease power as you approach full.

Seen by a mate of mine in Walsh Bay, Sydney. Is this two-tone car the first Model S in AU (defaced) with corporate branding? Interesting highlights on the headlights, though…

View attachment 73475

Haha! That's my business partner's MS. I was wondering when one of you guys might spot it.
He's keen for me to put a wrap on my D when it (finally) arrives but I'm not sure.

i want to enjoy the natural beauty first - and also not sure how branding would look on the grey MS...

- - - Updated - - -

Seen by a mate of mine in Walsh Bay, Sydney. Is this two-tone car the first Model S in AU (defaced) with corporate branding? Interesting highlights on the headlights, though…

View attachment 73475

And yes it's apparently the first branded tesla. We also apparently had the first Tesla Wedding - with 3 model S wedding cars. Ribbons attached to the Froot hook :)

There is ordinary parking there but it is mucho expensive, and the valet parking is beyond exorbitant, something like $80.00!!! Probably OK to leave it in place, or even just move it adjacent to a regular space. When you leave next day, just say "Tesla finished charging" Doubt they will know the difference!!

I would park on the far side Supercharger spaces and let reception know when you check in, in fact make a point to say that you are staying there because of the charging facility. The Supercharger spaces are located in the Valet area and this will give them an opportunity to guide you to the standard spots if that's required.
The more Tesla owners spend in The Star the more likely they will be to keep the facility available.

I would park on the far side Supercharger spaces and let reception know when you check in, in fact make a point to say that you are staying there because of the charging facility. The Supercharger spaces are located in the Valet area and this will give them an opportunity to guide you to the standard spots if that's required.
The more Tesla owners spend in The Star the more likely they will be to keep the facility available.

I would strongly encourage this. You want the spots to remain free and to do that, you need to prove to Star that you are spending additional money at the facility because the Superchargers are there, BEYOND what they would have gotten had you just parked there.

I would strongly encourage this. You want the spots to remain free and to do that, you need to prove to Star that you are spending additional money at the facility because the Superchargers are there, BEYOND what they would have gotten had you just parked there.

image.jpg

Advised , sorted and charging!