Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my model 3 December 18th. The EDD was June. About a week after I ordered it was moved up to March 15-March 31. Then, two days ago it was moved back to June. Called Tesla and they said it was a bug, and I should see a change within a week. However, after reading these posts it seems like people who ordered back in Sept are finally getting theirs in Feb-March. So it seems strange that mine was moved up so much? So I'm assuming I shouldn't expect it to be as soon as March when it changes back. Thoughts?
If you live in US and in cali, ive seen many people receiving their cars in dec with order dates after octobers. Though looked like they were delaying their deliveries for tax credit.
But if you live in Canada, expect delays. When i ordered in sept, website estimated 2022 jan. Now its allmost end of jan and i still havent heard anything yet except trade in text msg

Ordered my model 3 December 18th. The EDD was June. About a week after I ordered it was moved up to March 15-March 31. Then, two days ago it was moved back to June. Called Tesla and they said it was a bug, and I should see a change within a week. However, after reading these posts it seems like people who ordered back in Sept are finally getting theirs in Feb-March. So it seems strange that mine was moved up so much? So I'm assuming I shouldn't expect it to be as soon as March when it changes back. Thoughts?
I live in canada and I would say do not trust the edd at all. It jumps around. When I ordered on august I had edd of October. Then December then January. So don't put your hopes so high so you won't get disappointed too much

M3 RWD Blk Ext. Wht Int. Aero
OD 3 Sept
EDDs: 17 Nov, 24 Jan, June, and just this morning changed to 30 Apr.

I wonder if this screwy EDD shifting is because of the frozen air flap and the heating issue M3s and MYs are having with extreme cold temps. Maybe they're planning a hardware fix?
Who knows… for Canada there is a positive at least. Lots of confirmed dates in the next few weeks. Last batch of SR+ that I’m aware of were in October. In other words it looks like no SR+/RWD have made it to Canada since the change to LFP until now. It could very well be related to import/export and regulatory process due to the new battery chemistry and COO change. That appears to be behind now.

I was told this by my SA.
I put my car on hold earlier this month as I need the delivery closer to the original date.
After some back and forth with them, they agreed and put the car on hold till Feb 26.
I was told if that if I didn't accept the new delivery date at that time I would could loose the order and the deposit and have to reorder.

There order remains as ordered at that price. the IZEV credit remains as it is the same price.
If I try a second hold I would have to put in a new order at the new price and repay the $250 deposit. Then I would loose the IZEV credit.

If you live in US and in cali, ive seen many people receiving their cars in dec with order dates after octobers. Though looked like they were delaying their deliveries for tax credit.
But if you live in Canada, expect delays. When i ordered in sept, website estimated 2022 jan. Now its allmost end of jan and i still havent heard anything yet except trade in text msg
In CA, OD of 9/18 No holds, still waiting

I put my car on hold earlier this month as I need the delivery closer to the original date.
After some back and forth with them, they agreed and put the car on hold till Feb 26.
I was told if that if I didn't accept the new delivery date at that time I would could loose the order and the deposit and have to reorder.

There order remains as ordered at that price. the IZEV credit remains as it is the same price.
If I try a second hold I would have to put in a new order at the new price and repay the $250 deposit. Then I would loose the IZEV credit.
I was told the same but that it can be to a maximum of five months after the original order date. So if you ordered Sept 1st you can hold until Feb 1st and retain the price & rebate eligibility. After you'll be automatically taken off hold and be back near the top of the the queue.

I was told the same but that it can be to a maximum of five months after the original order date. So if you ordered Sept 1st you can hold until Feb 1st and retain the price & rebate eligibility. After you'll be automatically taken off hold and be back near the top of the the queue.
They never told me that, but I am within that time frame.
I ordered Oct 29, 21 and the original date was June 2022.
They did say I could put it on hold for 120 days and that was on Jan 8/22 but they system only allowed Feb 26 as the max.
Which puts the hold a ending at 3 days shy of the 4 month mark or 117 days from date of order. Which is what I think he meant by the 120 days permitted.

When I placed my order in September, my SA told me that if I wasn't sure if I wanted the car, I could put it on hold for more than a year so I don't lose the deposit.

Model: M3 SR+, MSM/Black/Aero
Pre-order page said March 2022 delivery. Placed order on 9/20 and got:

EDD as of 9/20: 11/8-12/8
EDD as of 10/20: 12/12-12/31
EDD as of 10/29: 1/30-2/27
EDD as of 10/30: 2/19-3/19
EDD as of 11/1: 12/18-12/31
EDD as of 11/4: 2/13-3/13
EDD as of 11/7: 12/14-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/26-12/24
EDD as of 11/23: 11/30-12/14
EDD as of 11/28: 11/30-12/27