Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the following text regarding the email.

Tesla Update - You received an email today confirming that your Model 3 order has been modified to reflect the name change from Model 3 Standard Range Plus to Model 3 Rear-Wheel Drive. This name change is necessary to ensure that all documentation will be aligned for a smooth delivery, but impacts no other aspect of your order.

There is no action needed at this time. Your product definition, pricing, and any prior eligibility for local incentives remain unchanged. We look forward to seeing you behind the wheel of your Model 3 very soon.

Reactions: amit_gunner
OD 11/2/21
M3 RWD Gr/Bl/18" - Pickup location Fremont
Initial delivery June 22
12/1/21 delivery date 3/5 -4/2
New message Saturday 4/23 -5/21
Anyone notice a similar extension on delivery time - Thanks
Mine was also pushing back for a month. It is now for Feb 19 - May 17. It is annoying but I can't really back out after all the accessories I purchased. My lessons learned -- don't buy accessories or book a tinting appointment before you get the car. I called Tesla today. Was told that there will be an update this Wednesday and I might see another date change by the end of the week. I find that the Info is somewhat insistent depending on the person you talk to.

Had 130pm appt for pick up today, it was confirmed yesterday...got a msg last night that the truck hadn't left NJ yet so they postponed me to Tues .... Today got confirmation that it will be tomorrow...got msg later that the truck still hadn't left NJ and they pushed me to Wed. This is horrible communication...I've rearranged work and rides several times...how hard would it be for Tesla to know where the truck is?

Mine was also pushing back for a month. It is now for Feb 19 - May 17. It is annoying but I can't really back out after all the accessories I purchased. My lessons learned -- don't buy accessories or book a tinting appointment before you get the car. I called Tesla today. Was told that there will be an update this Wednesday and I might see another date change by the end of the week. I find that the Info is somewhat insistent depending on the person you talk to.
Thanks for the update appreciate the info!

Had 130pm appt for pick up today, it was confirmed yesterday...got a msg last night that the truck hadn't left NJ yet so they postponed me to Tues .... Today got confirmation that it will be tomorrow...got msg later that the truck still hadn't left NJ and they pushed me to Wed. This is horrible communication...I've rearranged work and rides several times...how hard would it be for Tesla to know where the truck is?
Ironic when you think everyone of those cars are on the cellular network and can be tracked in real-time 😉

OD: Oct 5 White RWD, black interior, 19" wheels. No FSD
Original EDD: March/April then briefly June, then moved to Jan 28-Feb 28 for months and then a month or so ago it moved to Feb 21-Mar 21.

I spoke to the dealer in Dedham MA today and couldn't get any additional info on my estimated delivery date. I did want to confirm that the new RWD Tesla's have the rear heated seats and steering wheel. I'm fairly certain this was a 2022 update but can someone here confirm this as he said the heated rear seats were only standard on LR and P models. I think he just didn't know what he was talking about but just to switch up the conversation from batteries and chips and double paned rear windows... my 11 year old really wants those heated seats and I'd love to not have to pay the upgrade fee if they are standard now. He did say they were available for a $500 upgrade fee (I thought it used to be $250)... I'm hoping he was just wrong. I'm also hoping I'll get a magical text or email with a vin soon as we are going on a road trip down to Florida the last week of February and it would be so much fun to do it in the Tesla.

Question for those in Quebec: will Tesla accept to do a “vente par accommodation” if I have another dealer interested in buying my trade-in? In Quebec that is the only way you can save the sales tax on the trade in value. Teslas’ buy back offer is well below that of the other dealer.

OD: Oct 5 White RWD, black interior, 19" wheels. No FSD
Original EDD: March/April then briefly June, then moved to Jan 28-Feb 28 for months and then a month or so ago it moved to Feb 21-Mar 21.

I spoke to the dealer in Dedham MA today and couldn't get any additional info on my estimated delivery date. I did want to confirm that the new RWD Tesla's have the rear heated seats and steering wheel. I'm fairly certain this was a 2022 update but can someone here confirm this as he said the heated rear seats were only standard on LR and P models. I think he just didn't know what he was talking about but just to switch up the conversation from batteries and chips and double paned rear windows... my 11 year old really wants those heated seats and I'd love to not have to pay the upgrade fee if they are standard now. He did say they were available for a $500 upgrade fee (I thought it used to be $250)... I'm hoping he was just wrong. I'm also hoping I'll get a magical text or email with a vin soon as we are going on a road trip down to Florida the last week of February and it would be so much fun to do it in the Tesla.
2022 RWD will come with rear heated seats and steering wheel.

Now my EDD updated to Feb8 - Feb10. Once I accept this assignment, I received the VIN and MVPA. And I just added M3 to my insurance and applied loan/approved for 1.24% for 65 month. Also paid all the tax/fee/dawn payment in Tesla app. License plate will be on the new car when pick up