Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly do you lose for the $4,500 discount? X miles of range and autopilot (adaptive cruise control)?
You forgo:
Autopilot
Immersive Sound
Fog Lights
20 Miles of Range

If you care at all about sound quality I would recommend not going with the SR. The immersive sound system in the plus is not on par with that of more premium models but a significant step up. Autopilot is a little bit more than adaptive cruise control but does not have nearly the functionality of FSD.

What exactly do you lose for the $4,500 discount? X miles of range and autopilot (adaptive cruise control)?

• surround sound
  • live traffic (route planning still uses live traffic, the colors showing traffic doesn't appear on the screen)
  • fog lights
  • backseat heating
  • autopilot (can be added for $3000 from your Tesla account page)
  • -20 miles range (240 vs 220)
All those are software locks. That is, hardware between SR and SR+ is the same. I read an article saying Tesla will make it possible to pay to add any of those features.

The website is still showing a 2 week lead time for all Model 3’s. I’m not sure where someone heard 6-8 weeks. That may be specific for Canadian orders which always take much longer than US orders.

If you ordered the car on May 28 you should get the 5000 miles regardless of your delivery date. It’s the order date that determines eligibility. Just make sure that you confirm this at delivery before you sign any paperwork. And always get it in writing.

When i ordered in store it was quoted 2 weeks. But after my tesla advisor manually changed the order to a SR (they have to order a SR+ then put a change order to get you a SR), the delivery estimate on my tesla account jumped to 6-8 weeks. I think this only applies to SR orders from what I read on some forums.

black/black/aero SR(not plus) ordered in LA 5/27

Value to me:

• surround sound - $1,000
  • live traffic (route planning still uses live traffic, the colors showing traffic doesn't appear on the screen) - $0
  • fog lights - $0
  • backseat heating - $500
  • autopilot (can be added for $3000 from your Tesla account page) - $1,000
  • -20 miles range (240 vs 220) $2,000
I guess I get to $4,500...

So apparently my car has a built date for May 18th yet i have 2.5hw...after waiting 3 years and then waiting from order date of March 8th i feel upset now. Do not understand why.
That does not sound right. My car was built May 19th, and I just assumed it would have HW3. Now I need to confirm. My vin series was 322, a little lower than expected for the build date. Did you order FSD?

Value to me:

• surround sound - $1,000
  • live traffic (route planning still uses live traffic, the colors showing traffic doesn't appear on the screen) - $0
  • fog lights - $0
  • backseat heating - $500
  • autopilot (can be added for $3000 from your Tesla account page) - $1,000
  • -20 miles range (240 vs 220) $2,000
I guess I get to $4,500...

Value to me:

• surround sound - $0
  • live traffic (route planning still uses live traffic, the colors showing traffic doesn't appear on the screen) - $500
  • fog lights - $100
  • backseat heating - $100
  • autopilot (can be added for $3000 from your Tesla account page) - $3,000 (those who have AP can't go back)
  • -20 miles range (240 vs 220) $0

for me, SR is a no-brainer.