Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure if you are paying cash as I plan to, but my SA informed me I could bring a personal check or money order to the delivery and make payment then. Otherwise I could set up a wire transfer online before delivery.
I’m financing, but still have the down payment + tax to pay. I assumed an option to pay it online would appear, but it never did. So I guess bank check is my safest bet. Just got the confirmation call for my appointment earlier today, so it seems like everything must be in order, just never got the option to pay online for some reason.

Do you just mean no direct selling in UT? Isn't that the case for most states?
I don't know if it's the case for most states, but I do know that Utah state law prohibits direct car manufacturers from selling unless they allow indirect dealers to also carry their products. Tesla does not allow indirect dealers so Utah has blocked them out. I believe Michigan is the same. Not sure what other states also prohibit Tesla from directly selling.

I don't mind waiting. But the fact that I'll lose the car if they schedule delivery on one of the five days I'm out of town for Christmas makes me bonkers.
I ordered a SR+ (Red/White) on Oct 20th and got my VIN on Nov 18th and I got a txt to schedule my delivery date - I chose first available which was Dec 3rd. I had to pay in full before they would ship it (grrr Texas laws). I got a call on Nov 22nd saying the car had arrived in Austin and I could pick it up earlier. I explained that I was away over thanksgiving and unfortunately couldn’t. They were really understanding and flexible. I ended up changing to Dec 1st for pick up, the day I got back from my trip. I guess my point is that my local delivery team in Austin were super easy to deal with and worked with me around the days I was out of town, so I hope you also get that flexibility. Good luck!

Reactions: JenniferH
I'm just imagining how crazy it's going to be at the delivery centers in the next few weeks. This is going to require a car leaving the lot almost every 10 mins for the entire day. The delivery centers I have seen don't even have room on the lot for that many cars. This is going to be bananas!
Pray that there are no hiccups, snafus involved. Had to reschedule delivery to tomorrow because Tesla F'd up the MVPA. I started with 1 that was submitted to my credit union. By the time I arrived at the delivery center, it had morphed into 6 updates and totally screwed up delivery. :mad: I took back the credit union check and had to resubmit the corrected data. Wasted 2 hrs there and 1.5 hrs more driving back in my trade in. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Interestingly enough, my application finally went through to the part where it's asking me for proof of insurance and NOW the Tesla Vin FInder was triggered (I had my VIN in source but wasn't triggering the VIN finder.) So now we know what code the VIN Finder needs to read in order to become triggered.

Just 10 more days!

New to this forum. I'm in Brooklyn ny . Ordered SR+ white with aero wheels, no FSD on 11/11/2019. Finished loan and trade-in paper work on 11/16/2019.

Got text message this morning saying my Model 3 is on it's way and to schedule a date and time for pick up. First date they had was December 19 at 10 AM in Brooklyn. I took it.

Just wanted to let everyone in NY area time frame in process for me. Hopefully other orders on the way. Hang in there.

New to this forum. I'm in Brooklyn ny . Ordered SR+ white with aero wheels, no FSD on 11/11/2019. Finished loan and trade-in paper work on 11/16/2019.

Got text message this morning saying my Model 3 is on it's way and to schedule a date and time for pick up. First date they had was December 19 at 10 AM in Brooklyn. I took it.

Just wanted to let everyone in NY area time frame in process for me. Hopefully other orders on the way. Hang in there.

That is awesome that you got a date...but it sounds like that has not been built yet, and they are scheduling build time and transport time to get to you into the estimate. If it is true that the 19th is the first date available for an already built car which is "on it's way" there is no way that they are giong to be able to fulfill cars ordered there in NY placed very much after yours...let alone over a month later as they are currently saying.

This whole process has been very frustrating and Tesla provides little to no information about it. It's very disheartening to hear some who have ordered more recently get VINs and delivery dates when others who ordered much earlier have heard nothing. I was told 2-4 weeks when I ordered on 10/25/19. Obviously, 2-4 weeks has come and gone and I've heard nothing from Tesla. The entire profile has been filled out, financing accepted, and insurance proof posted. No word from Tesla other than the generic "5-9" weeks which shows on the order page. Ordered in Pasadena, supposed to take delivery in Costa Mesa -- who knows when. I wish they had been more up front about delivery times when I ordered.