Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im on the west coast of Canada and ordered July 20. My edd is now Sept 09 - Sept 29. God I wish I knew how they generated these Edd's.
This would fall in line with the initial 8-12 weeks estimates I would imagine. Wouldn't be surprised if the car delivers in October either.

Don't worry so much about EDD since it changes daily and means nothing until you get a VIN! Keep an eye on the Order Tracking spreadsheet to see when people in your area start to get VIN's.

Reactions: Liarparadox
Im on the west coast of Canada and ordered July 20. My edd is now Sept 09 - Sept 29. God I wish I knew how they generated these Edd's.
I know it's already been answered, but I'll also give an answer in support of/to stress what's been said so far: Your EDD means nothing until you have a VIN (or at the very least a TeslaVision prompt). It will change over and over and over and over again in what looks like random ways bc it's not custom to you; it's auto-updated. Prior to a VIN you aren't more well informed for checking your EDD; you're more likely to be less informed actually. Some people however like to check it because it can be fun to keep building up the anticipation. So don't stress about that EDD; have fun with it! You're getting an amazing car; even if it takes till Oct, Nov, Dec. it will be worth it.

PSA: do NOT sell your current car until you absolutely are sure you're getting delivery of your Tesla. Too many stories of people selling bc they thought they were getting their cars much sooner and now they are stranded or forced to take the bus everywhere for months. Don't do this to yourself.

I know it's already been answered, but I'll also give an answer in support of/to stress what's been said so far: Your EDD means nothing until you have a VIN (or at the very least a TeslaVision prompt). It will change over and over and over and over again in what looks like random ways bc it's not custom to you; it's auto-updated. Prior to a VIN you aren't more well informed for checking your EDD; you're more likely to be less informed actually. Some people however like to check it because it can be fun to keep building up the anticipation. So don't stress about that EDD; have fun with it! You're getting an amazing car; even if it takes till Oct, Nov, Dec. it will be worth it.

PSA: do NOT sell your current car until you absolutely are sure you're getting delivery of your Tesla. Too many stories of people selling bc they thought they were getting their cars much sooner and now they are stranded or forced to take the bus everywhere for months. Don't do this to yourself.

Thanks, I wouldn't say I'm particularly stressed about it. It's more out of curiosity that I'd love to know how it's calculated (random number generator maybe? Haha). An October delivery would suck for me though as I'll be gone on a work trip for the whole month. I'd have to put my order on hold.

Also thanks for the PSA but would you believe this will actually be the first car I've ever owned? Been taking the bus for years!

Reactions: Liarparadox
Called Tesla Yesterday ordered June 2nd msm/black - rep said car should be made next week or 1st of aug, which lines up with my original edd. Guessing a week to get here so my guess aug 13- 16th ish.
Nice!! Fingers crossed for you. We ordered SR+ Black/Black/18” Aero and no FSD. My SA said Mid August looks to be when it will be delivered. Decided to give him a week or 2 break from my constant emails lol

Got this bad boy a few hours ago, build quality is top notch. I found zero panel gaps, upholstery in excellent shape, and car drives like butter. There are a couple of paint smudges (very small) but I'm gonna wipe them off later. Overall, I'm a happy camper. The wait is well worth it boys and girls. And yes I got Chipotle for my first meal in the car lmao
View attachment 687793
View attachment 687794
View attachment 687796
Also family guy on the screen! We need to chat lol

• Funny
Reactions: Phyzi Driver
Got this bad boy a few hours ago, build quality is top notch. I found zero panel gaps, upholstery in excellent shape, and car drives like butter. There are a couple of paint smudges (very small) but I'm gonna wipe them off later. Overall, I'm a happy camper. The wait is well worth it boys and girls. And yes I got Chipotle for my first meal in the car lmao
View attachment 687793
View attachment 687794
View attachment 687796
Love the pics. It's a beauty. But that food in the car on the same day you got it gives me anxiety hahah

So today we were going to the mall for something and I decided to pop into the Tesla store and speak with my SA about delivery. He checked the factory and it looks my car is scheduled to be built on 8/1 with an arrival date to Tampa of 8/14. He also asked for my license plate # to transfer the tags when it arrives and added that to my account. 🤞🏻🤞🏻Ordered 5/25 and have an EDD August 13 - September 12. Hopefully getting close!

So today we were going to the mall for something and I decided to pop into the Tesla store and speak with my SA about delivery. He checked the factory and it looks my car is scheduled to be built on 8/1 with an arrival date to Tampa of 8/14. He also asked for my license plate # to transfer the tags when it arrives and added that to my account. 🤞🏻🤞🏻Ordered 5/25 and have an EDD August 13 - September 12. Hopefully getting close!
Hard to maintain hope when I ordered 3 weeks after you, strangely my EDD is 08/09-08/21 but we all know better than to trust EDD's

Reactions: Clinterific
Part of why I went with a Tesla was to avoid the dealer markup, especially in this current market. I've seen other demo models go for a few hundred less than sticker, so this is the first time I've seen an above msrp price even after FSD and rear heated seats. That's a big nope!

I ordered SR+ (default options) on July 23rd. From Arizona. The date has been moving a couple days every day … from Sep 1 to 3 to 7. I feel like pinging the SA and checking status. It’s been just 3 days and it feels like I have been waiting for the car forever.
Hey lucky! Welcome to the waiting club. I’m sure you will soon figure out, the EDD will change daily and in random directions. As others have mentioned, the EDD really means nothing until your VIN is assigned. Your SA won’t be able to tell you much this early in your order.