Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a LFP VIN with an estimated delivery date of the 11th to 22. How soon to the EDD do you get to pick a delivery date
I don't think anyone can speak with authority. But my understanding is that the text to schedule delivery occurs when the car is loaded onto transport. This is the process that I've heard occurs for CA orders. I have no knowledge of the process for other locations. Neither your signature nor your profile indicate a location, so I can't be certain this is of any value to you.

Reactions: pjlecy
I was able to use the discord this morning to snatch a M3 LFP with an EDD in mid-September vs my previous NCA order in November. Anyone know if I go ahead and cancel the existing order now? Or do I just let it ride until I get the LFP?
I would suggest doing NOTHING on your own. It would be best to discuss with SA in order to arrange transfer of "deposit/order fee." Unfortunately, seems like they can just as easily screw things up, but ...

Reactions: Taureans77
I have a LFP VIN with an estimated delivery date of the 11th to 22. How soon to the EDD do you get to pick a delivery date
EDD means nothing. mine has been crawling forward by 1 day every day for the past 2.5 months.
sometimes it jumps to "january" and then comes back to "tomorrow - 7-10 days in the future".
EDD for my LFP is always "today - +3 days".

• Informative
Reactions: frycar and RogerMc
I would suggest calling Tesla a bit closer to that delivery window. My window was 9/3-9/5. I called them yesterday and asked for more info. They were able to tell me my car would be arriving to the dealership on 9/3 and then were able to schedule my delivery appointment. At least from MY personal experience, every bit of forward movement in my purchasing process has been made by me reaching out to Tesla directly.

Update to last comment:

I called the delivery center in Carlsbad and they claimed to have never called me, so not sure what my sales rep meant. My car is still in pre-production with a delivery window of 9/2 - 9/12. 🥲

LFP M3 SR+ White with Black Interior, 19” sport rims, purchased from existing inventory. VIN was assigned immediately after purchase

• Informative
Reactions: RogerMc
FWIW, my car is still about 60mi south of the DC and supposedly being trucked up to the DC tomorrow and then still has to be updated and inspected, the new sticker printed, my delivery appointment setup, my documents signed online and payment made. I’m just one of many I suspect. I’m pretty sure these DCs are gonna be working overtime this weekend and way beyond next.

• Informative
Reactions: RogerMc
FWIW, my car is still about 60mi south of the DC and supposedly being trucked up to the DC tomorrow and then still has to be updated and inspected, the new sticker printed, my delivery appointment setup, my documents signed online and payment made. I’m just one of many I suspect. I’m pretty sure these DCs are gonna be working overtime this weekend and way beyond next.
Working OT during the last month of a Q sounds about right, esp with the LFP drop.