Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand from my chat with the delivery scheduling text that it takes typically 3 days for the DCs to inspect and release incoming cars. I wonder if the cars that have sat around in the DCs have been inspected and just need the update to be released or if they need to be fully inspected again after this update?

I understand from my chat with the delivery scheduling text that it takes typically 3 days for the DCs to inspect and release incoming cars. I wonder if the cars that have sat around in the DCs have been inspected and just need the update to be released or if they need to be fully inspected again after this update?
Hmm this is different from the information that my DC told me. I was told the cars would be arriving Friday and were ready for delivery as soon as the following day. Unfortunately those spots were full and I got an appointment on Sunday.

Hmm this is different from the information that my DC told me. I was told the cars would be arriving Friday and were ready for delivery as soon as the following day. Unfortunately those spots were full and I got an appointment on Sunday.

Yeah. I heard from my local DC that it can take as little as 1 day to inspect and release as well. But when I spoke to the 510 text number thats been texting me about “Meet your new Tesla” orientation sign up and that yesterday morning texted me that my car was in transit to my DC they said it typically takes 3 days… I think the truth on that one is, it depends on resources, etc. I’m sure.

I’m more curious if if they’re going to be blocked again for that amount of time (1 to 3 days) to reinspect

Yeah. I heard from my local DC that it can take as little as 1 day to inspect and release as well. But when I spoke to the 510 text number thats been texting me about “Meet your new Tesla” orientation sign up and that yesterday morning texted me that my car was in transit to my DC they said it typically takes 3 days… I think the truth on that one is, it depends on resources, etc. I’m sure.

I’m more curious if if they’re going to be blocked again for that amount of time (1 to 3 days) to reinspect
I spoke to Tesla earlier this morning and as of now they said everything is on track for my Sunday pickup (with the car arriving Friday). So fingers crossed!

UGH natural disasters are the worse:

“Good morning, this is Tesla Paramus reaching out in regards to your upcoming delivery. First, we surely hope you and your families have remained safe and healthy during the recent storm. Unfortunately, the Route-17 location has incurred significant damage with all business operations being suspended for the immediate future. We are currently in the process of assessing damages and putting systems in place to get back up and running as soon as possible. As soon as we have an update, we will be contacting you to discuss next steps. Thank you for your patience and we will be in touch soon.”
Damn this is a bummer. Hopefully everyone is OK. Keep us updated, yeah?

Reactions: asquared17
No luck on delivery that was scheduled for today. I just looked at my account and they moved my pickup date to Saturday 9/4 at 1700 in Carlsbad. Just sad because I had planned to do a road trip with the car for Labor day weekend. I just called a few minutes ago too, there’s still a chance I can pick it up tomorrow, they said they’re going to call me by the end of the day.

No luck on delivery that was scheduled for today. I just looked at my account and they moved my pickup date to Saturday 9/4 at 1700 in Carlsbad. Just sad because I had planned to do a road trip with the car for Labor day weekend. I just called a few minutes ago too, there’s still a chance I can pick it up tomorrow, they said they’re going to call me by the end of the day.
Did they say why? Car not there? Update? Something else? Hope you can grab the car tomorrow though!

[UPDATE FOR BURBANK FOLKS]

Ugh I called Burbank *again*.

BUT MY CAR IS AT BURBANK! ;););) Firmware is gonna out "within the next 24-48hrs" and the guy says it is promising for everyone scheduled for the weekend. It sounds like the Moroney issue is resolved as well.

And yes, Burbank confirmed that they will be open on Monday as well.

Good luck to all!

(P.s., the guy's name is Richard at Burbank and he sounds like he really knows what is going on).

Last edited:
I had to take my car for service today and I spotted some model 3s with the new headlights, so it might be worth the wait for those whose delivery have been pusched back. Not sure if this is happening in all model 3s or only LR and Ps.
Tesla seems to have updated the website with the new headlights can't really tell.

Last edited:
[UPDATE FOR BURBANK FOLKS]

Ugh I called Burbank *again*.

BUT MY CAR IS AT BURBANK! ;););) Firmware is gonna out "within the next 24-48hrs" and the guy says it is promising for everyone scheduled for the weekend. It sounds like the Moroney issue is resolved as well.

And yes, Burbank confirmed that they will be open on Monday as well.

Good luck to all!

(P.s., the guy's name is Richard at Burbank and he sounds like he really knows what is going on).
Hopefully! since the cars parked that are waiting for the update are already screwing up with their logistics :/