Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any East Coast people who had August 2021 order dates who have NOT received their cars? I'm in NC and ordered 9/12, so I'm hoping I'm next and my EDD will stick.

I went on hold from mid-November to 12/27 then EDD bounced around significantly. I got a 2 week window for early April, and after getting the "trade in text" to which I responded "no trade" my window went back to a month and was pushed out. It's been at mid-April to mid-May for a couple of weeks now. Black/Black 18" , No FSD and I have cash selected.
CT, picking up in NY. OD 8/16 Blk/Blk 18”

EDD: 5/4-6/8

Wooo in theory 25 days to go (maybe less…?)

for all members who have been waiting many months, does the start of new qtr have any effect? I’ve read things saying yes and no… nothing very conclusive
In this long waiting game; I have come closer to 20 or 25 days EDD, but, then the dates jump suddenly without any (understandable) logic, whatsoever. I hope that these dates stick and the EDD window reduces finally 🤞

Howdy Gang. Long-time listener, first-time caller. I'm starting to get antsy about my order, and since misery loves company...here I am! I had an EDD of March-April after I ordered, ran out to buy accessories, and got my NEMA 14-50 wired. As you might guess, I now have trust issues.

Order date: 01/08, RWD, MSM, Black, Aero, no FSD, Northern California

My current EDD is WAY out there, July 19 - August 16.

We're considering changing the config to the white interior. Do any of ya'll know if this would cause any delay or issue with our order?
Anyone with a similar order date care to chime in with their EDD?

I

Can't believe you got your first delivery so fast. I ordered on 9/11 and there seems to be no end in site.
I didn't really get the 'delivery'. Infact, just panicked after seeing the EDD jump backwards. Being a first timer and being unable to accept delivery in Dec 2021; I approached a Tesla store/dealership and (I feel) that opened up my reservation to endless delays & postponement. It seems that Tesla put me at the end of the waiting line, when the hold was automatically removed on Jan 02, 2022

Has anybody in Florida (particularly) with ODD Sep 2021, received deliveries or VINs ?

I ordered my M3 RWD Midnight Silver w 19” sport wheels no FSD black and white int on 2/22/22. Delivery was shown as March/April. Then 2 weeks later it was moved to July/August. Towards the end of March, it was moved back to March/April, so because interest rates are going up, I locked in my rate for 60 days. Today I checked my delivery date. It shows July/September.
What is wrong worth Tesla. Don’t they know their delivery schedule? I understand that they can make some changes, but this is ridiculous.
I will probably lose my interest rate and will have to have my lender redo my loan and pull my credit report again!!
Is anyone else having the same issues?

Does Tesla look at these forums, or should I post a tweet to Elon.

So I spoke with an SA from Mount Kisco, NY this past Friday, she actually ordered a Blue SR+ back in November is and currently dealing with an April, May, June EDD like most of us.

She seemed SUPER nice and was willing to share more info than most people I’ve spoken with at Tesla. She said right now, they’re simply just not getting SR+/Standard M3 builds coming in. She went on to say that Tesla builds in batches, and it would make sense, based on the recent batches they’ve been receiving over the past few months, that SR+\Standard M3s should be next up.

Some insight into the process behind the scenes. I was able to switch to her as my primary SA and received her email for point of contact. I plan on reaching out at the end of this week and trying to get a read on whether or not cars are coming in.

I was advised not to apply for a loan until a VIN is assigned for this exact reason. Otherwise the EDD can and will vary greatly and is not a promise or guarantee of any sort you will have the car by then.

Tesla lets people with more profitable builds jump the line so less profitable builds get pushed back until it makes more financial sense for them. Unfortunately the RWD/SR+ is at the bottom of the totem pole. It sucks but nothing we can do about it other than keep waiting or go buy another car.

Reactions: Johnsson90
So I spoke with an SA from Mount Kisco, NY this past Friday, she actually ordered a Blue SR+ back in November is and currently dealing with an April, May, June EDD like most of us.

She seemed SUPER nice and was willing to share more info than most people I’ve spoken with at Tesla. She said right now, they’re simply just not getting SR+/Standard M3 builds coming in. She went on to say that Tesla builds in batches, and it would make sense, based on the recent batches they’ve been receiving over the past few months, that SR+\Standard M3s should be next up.

Some insight into the process behind the scenes. I was able to switch to her as my primary SA and received her email for point of contact. I plan on reaching out at the end of this week and trying to get a read on whether or not cars are coming in.
Like what type of batches?

I also went to a local tesla location asked if they can give me any more info about my order (OD oct 15, red/black, aero, no fsd, toronto, EDD apr 16-may 14) and he said that he shouldn't show me this screen but he did, nice guy. He said that "factory gate (that's when it leaves the factory)" date is Apr 24 and that my delivery location should get it on May 5. No idea if these internal dates are any more accurate than the app but it's something. Maybe you guys from Jul/Aug OD should just do a walk in and ask for more info.

I also went to a local tesla location asked if they can give me any more info about my order (OD oct 15, red/black, aero, no fsd, toronto, EDD apr 16-may 14) and he said that he shouldn't show me this screen but he did, nice guy. He said that "factory gate (that's when it leaves the factory)" date is Apr 24 and that my delivery location should get it on May 5. No idea if these internal dates are any more accurate than the app but it's something. Maybe you guys from Jul/Aug OD should just do a walk in and ask for more info.
Thanks for the feedback.
If these dates are accurate that means the system has "tagged" your order with a specific vehicle or batch. I wonder if the VIN gets assigned upon leaving the factory?
It's good news for me too as my OD is Nov 3 and picking up in Toronto.

Reactions: rudythecar
Howdy Gang. Long-time listener, first-time caller. I'm starting to get antsy about my order, and since misery loves company...here I am! I had an EDD of March-April after I ordered, ran out to buy accessories, and got my NEMA 14-50 wired. As you might guess, I now have trust issues.

Order date: 01/08, RWD, MSM, Black, Aero, no FSD, Northern California

My current EDD is WAY out there, July 19 - August 16.

We're considering changing the config to the white interior. Do any of ya'll know if this would cause any delay or issue with our order?
Anyone with a similar order date care to chime in with their EDD?
I have the identical car on order, and am located in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. My Order Date is February 6, and current EDD is July 25 - August 22. No complains, because my initial EDD was October 2022!

That sounds promising! Is there any connection to the factory step and VIN being assigned? I’m guessing you don’t have the precious VIN just yet, but hopefully you’re closing in quick!

Reactions: rudythecar
Mid-April is ~ 10-12 days away, so hopefully about to get real...
is it true that IF you're going to get delivery, that you get the hallowed 2 week window on day 2 of the 30 day window?
LOL, I’ve had a couple 2 week windows and this last one was a 9 day window. On day 1 of the window our EDD bumped forward 3-4 months 😡! The dates mean NOTHING until you receive a VIN…

I have the identical car on order, and am located in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. My Order Date is February 6, and current EDD is July 25 - August 22. No complains, because my initial EDD was October 2022!
I ordered on 3/18; EDD has not changed from July 18-Sept 12 since I placed my order. Fingers crossed they're getting everything moving on the SR model 3s! I'm hoping they don't prioritize the "more expensive" orders just based on cost, we are still paying 50k+ for a car and there seems to be more of us than any other model. Maybe the end of Q2 is our time.