Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

First time posting here. I placed my order (RWD, White Ext., Black Interior, Aero Wheels, No FSD) on March 23 and EDD is Aug 26-Oct 21. I am excited to get the car, but I was unaware of the backlog of RWD orders at the time. I don’t plan on making any changes to my order. Hopefully I will get my car by the end of the year.

An interesting observation I made on Tesla’s site over the weekend. The same configuration I ordered is showing an EDD of July - September. I don‘t think its a feasible timeline based on what I have read here and I feel bad for those that really need a car during that EDD window because they most likely wont receive a vehicle. Best of luck to everyone!

My Est. Delivery got bumped today.

Model 3 SR+ / White / Black Interior
Order Date - 9-Oct-2021
Ordered at Oakville, Ontario

1st Delivery Date - July 2022
2nd Delivery Date - Feb 2022 to March 2022
3rd Delivery Date - March 2 - March 30
4th Delivery Date - April 29 - May 27
*Current Delivery Date - May 17 - June 21

My Est. Delivery got bumped today.

Model 3 SR+ / White / Black Interior
Order Date - 9-Oct-2021
Ordered at Oakville, Ontario

1st Delivery Date - July 2022
2nd Delivery Date - Feb 2022 to March 2022
3rd Delivery Date - March 2 - March 30
4th Delivery Date - April 29 - May 27
*Current Delivery Date - May 17 - June 21
I'm sorry that sucks.
But it's an interesting data point. I ordered 6 days AFTER you, same Oakville delivery location but my EDD is a bit sooner (May 3 - 17 as of today).
But my order was different in 2 ways:
-red colour $2600 extra
-i ordered a day after a price increase which was $2000 extra

So this would support the speculation that orders are filled, at least partially, based on the dollar amount of the order.

Now of course neither of us have the car so it could all change tomorrow 😵‍💫

I'm sorry that sucks.
But it's an interesting data point. I ordered 6 days AFTER you, same Oakville delivery location but my EDD is a bit sooner (May 3 - 17 as of today).
-red colour $2600 extra

So this would support the speculation that orders are filled, at least partially, based on the dollar amount of the order.

You might get your car before me as you have paid extra for the color....

I have a gut feeling that we should be in our cars by late May...lets hope for the best :)

I'm sorry that sucks.
-red colour $2600 extra

Definitely the price point plays a huge part in the EDD I believe. I ordered the Red one too but at the lower price point. In fact after the NJ EV rebate my out of the door price came upto 38k. This is the main reason behind my EDD delays. As of now my EDD is July -Aug lol.

OD Aug 4th 2021, SR+ Red/Black no FSD no holds , Pickup Lawrenceville, NJ. EDD as of 4/12 - Jul 10-Aug 21.

Howdy folks, have there been any further EDD updates this week?
Based on my paper tracking sheet (26 entries incl me) I see only 4 updates the past 7 or so days...

1/2 way thru April, and 2 weeks into Q2, 🤞 that the M3SR+ delivery train gets rolling and picks up speed!
If it's based on people voluntarily filling in that tracker, how reliable are the stats to make a conclusion on?

M3 RWD ordered in March, sadly delivery date shows as 2023. Tesla think they may get the delivery to the UK and assign a car in May/June, however another tesla rep has told me to wait until 2023. Help!!!!

I would suggest to you that you might get more relevant to you responses in the UK and Ireland subforum, since delivery outside the US is different than delivery inside it:

Model 3 SR / White ext / Black int / Aero wheels / No FSD
Order date 4/11 - delivery from Sacramento, CA
Current EDD July 26-Sept 20

My wife and I are down to one car right now, which has been incredibly challenging in just a short time. Unsure if we can honestly handle the delays I'm reading about here. We're already discussing if we should just buy a used Nissan Leaf for a spell and sell it once the M3 arrives. 😩

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
I just text my SA. I asked if I change back to LR/DM if I will get my car sooner (understanding delay in changing order factored in) The reply was...

" Hi It's likely that updating or changing your configuration again, your lead time may get pushed out further. We typically see AWD variants sooner then RWD, but the factory is estimating your build to happen within the first two weeks of May."

Not holding my breath, but hope the new delivery window holds. 4/26 - 5/24.