Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have the same thoughts about looking elsewhere. however, Mach-E does not take order anymore. VW might have the new model year coming up. But again, with the wait from other mfgs, I am not sure going elsewhere might save my time or not (in terms to get "a" car sooner), but definitely will be expecting on some high mark-up.
I have a feeling even the Fisker might be a better choice at this point....

I am going to test drive the BMW i4 today. Looks like starting price is very similar to M3 RWD. I have owned BMW's in the past and they have been fantastic cars.
View attachment 796457
I test drove an i4 RWD yesterday. It was quick and very BMW inside. The iDrive 8 system was not terrible, but also distracting. I liked the hatch. The backseat was unusable and a deal breaker for me. Also, you will never find a starting MSRP spec i4 anywhere. The dealer said any order now will likely come in late 22 or early 23. They had one each of an i4 and ix to demo. The iX was much nicer and roomier inside but $$$.

I also contacted a dealer about bz4x: 5K "market adjustment" and 5K deposit required. Another dealer said ioniq 5 take ~100 days to deliver, no markup.

I’m starting to look hard at the Ioniq 5. That thing appeals to me for some reason. One of them being apple carplay!
Ioniq 5 is very nice! Ventilated seats, heads up display, very roomy compact SUV vs 4 door sedan, reported to be very solid and quiet compared to M3, quite a bit faster than M3 RWD, guaranteed to be put together much better than M3, and Hyundai still qualifies for $7500 federal tax credit.
On the downside, way less efficient that Model 3, crappy Frunk vs M3, no FSD, pretty much will be dump and forget by Hyundai when it comes to actual software updates, unlike Tesla, who have proven to continue supporting their customers with new and exciting software updates and I am thinking Ioniq 5 does not handle nearly as well as M3

Reactions: theocguy and Soosh
Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm observing LR pushbacks of 1+ months and sometimes longer windows on Reddit and in the LR waiting room, except for January orders. Whereas the RWD, many EDDs are not changing or are narrowing when pushing back. My EDD jumped from August to May last week. Multiple RWD orders from the same 3-week order window from October to November in Montreal have the same EDDs, and they narrowed today. All LR configs show later EDDs than all RWD configs if you check the website. Perhaps they've decided to clear this backlog? All speculation, but it's intriguing and MAYBE me hoping my May EDD is accurate in some way.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm observing LR pushbacks of 1+ months and sometimes longer windows on Reddit and in the LR waiting room, except for January orders. Whereas the RWD, many EDDs are not changing or are narrowing when pushing back. My EDD jumped from August to May last week. Multiple RWD orders from the same 3-week order window from October to November in Montreal have the same EDDs, and they narrowed today. All LR configs show later EDDs than all RWD configs if you check the website. Perhaps they've decided to clear this backlog? All speculation, but it's intriguing and MAYBE me hoping my May EDD is accurate in some way.
One of the news stories out of the earnings call was that nickel is expensive and iron is cheap. They said 50% of 1Q deliveries were LFP. I assume MOST of those came out of Giga China and not Freemont due to the backlog here. (Unless they made a bunch of LFP for Hertz.) I think the order page ranges are pushing LFP so the NCA can go to model Y in Texas or just to react to the price pressure. However, I'm sure Tesla has long term contracts that protect against price fluctuations in commodities.

Driving south towards San Diego into work this morning, I saw a hauler loaded with Model 3's and a couple Y's . I hope this is a sign production is starting to ramp again and fulfill all of our orders. I most of the 3's were SR from what I could see.... my order date is still holding 4/26 - 5/24. Not holding my breath and I fully expect this to push again.
Getting very close here... it's like cresting the hill and the ice cream truck is on the next hill over.. or is that just a mirage?
I suppose I have too much imagination but what I envision are bunch of baby kids at Tesla's employee nursery, playing with a high tech kindergarten. Kind of like the ones at science fairs. So when they flip, hit, move, push or toggle anything... one of our EDD randomly changes.

Looking at everyone EDD history I would say that my theory is as good as any other. 🤣
So basically it's Boss Baby (for those who have see the movie) at Tesla HQ? 🙃

Yeah I was going to post the same... LOTS of folks on Reddit with LR or P models are getting moved to Q4 basically the past 3-5 days it seems like (which nobody seems to understand; clearly they have not done any reading online)...

So.... something is (potentially) pushing these cars back; perhaps a BIG ASS batch of RWD, maybe just maybe.....? 🤞

Still sitting at Apr 24 - May 22. No VIN yet so I’m fairly confident I won’t be getting a new car on Sunday 🤣
NO experience on this for me yet, but based on others, sounds like you will know by 4.25 whether this is real...?
Or is there a 'standard' pattern of VIN assignments in relation to the starting of the EDD date range?

More updates:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Sacramento, CA

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
EDD as of 11/12: January 21 - February 18
EDD as of 11/21: Dec 16 - Dec 31
EDD as of 12/3: March 10 - April 7
EDD as of 12/8: Feb 20 - March 20
EDD as of 1/20: TBD
EDD as of 1/20: Feb 20 - March 20
Trade in text: Feb 12
EDD as of 2/15: March 12 - 31
EDD as of 2/26: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 2/15: March 11 - 31
EDD as of 3/10: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 4/16: May 11 - June 15

So I called the Service Center today asking if they could check on my account to make sure everything was good to go. They said everything looks good and that their system shows that my order has a projected manufacture date of May 22 and should be there within a week after.

Guess we'll see if this is true next month. Until then, I'll be patiently waiting... again... for the last few months 😝

So I called the Service Center today asking if they could check on my account to make sure everything was good to go. They said everything looks good and that their system shows that my order has a projected manufacture date of May 22 and should be there within a week after.

Guess we'll see if this is true next month. Until then, I'll be patiently waiting... again... for the last few months 😝
God I hope that’s true! Did you call the Sacramento or Rocklin center for that? Did you speak to any specific group there to ask these questions?

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
God I hope that’s true! Did you call the Sacramento or Rocklin center for that? Did you speak to any specific group there to ask these questions?
I called the Rocklin center directly and talked to whoever answered the phone. I didn't ask for anyone specifically. I tried calling the 888 number initially but it said "no one is answering and that the voicemail box is full".

He also said that they haven't received any RWD Model 3s for about 4 weeks (probably end of quarter rush) and that they've been getting a bunch of Model S and Xs.

My manufacture date was april 16th and still got pushed out till sept-oct. OD; 9/12

EDD changed from Apr 29 - May 27 to May 21-Jun 18 this morning

OD is Sep 18, 2021
White/Black Interior/Aero/No FSD/Miami

At this point, I am frustrated beyond limits. The EDD has changed more than 15 times since ordering the vehicle. I am baffled by the automated EDD updates from Tesla
Spoke to a random SA at the Miami store and she told me that the production for M3 shall be ramped up at Fremont by the end of this month once Giga Texas ramps up the production for MY (which would, understandably take away some pressure from Fremont factory). Going forward, bulk resources shall be applied towards M3 at Fremont.

This probably justifies forward movement of all EDDs to May & June. Unless, she is overthrowing (like all of us here) and came up with her own reasoning......

The current shortage is so bad that there are no M3s available in Miami for neither a test drive nor even display at stores/dealerships.

They are expecting some M3s for test drives in the first week of May.

Super frustrating to be in such darkness.......