Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is Done!
Picked up my
RWD Red/Black 18" Wheels FSD
Ordered 1/15 (Original Order December and put on hold)
Orange County CA
And I have the Projector headlights!!
I was fearful I might not have the new headlights after reading posts from the last few days.
The car is just about perfect, inside and out.
My new Model 3 also has the Ryzen chip

Attachments

• 20220502_133538[1].jpg
    20220502_133538[1].jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220502_132738[1].jpg
    20220502_132738[1].jpg
    505 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220502_132723[1].jpg
    20220502_132723[1].jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 61
It is Done!
Picked up my
Orange County CA
I was fearful I might not have the new headlights after reading posts from the last few days.
Congratulations 👏👏. Enjoy the ride.

It is Done!
Picked up my
Orange County CA
Congrats, I will be looking out for the projector's as well, although I don't think I would not accept it for this reason only. Would you mind sharing your VIN, less last two digits.

Thanks

My VIN is 5YJ3E1EA3NF2358XX
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the car is put together.
The panels are even and panel gaps very consistent The car is extremely solid and quiet.
I had a 2018 Model X and this car is so far ahead of that car in terms of quality of build. Tesla has dramatically improved and learned from their experience over the last few years.

My VIN is 5YJ3E1EA3NF2358XX
I was pleasantly surprised at how well the car is put together.
The panels are even and panel gaps very consistent The car is extremely solid and quiet.
I had a 2018 Model X and this car is so far ahead of that car in terms of quality of build. Tesla has dramatically improved and learned from their experience over the last few years.
My VIN is a couple K behind yours, 2378XX, so hoping it has the projectors as well.. do you have a build date..

Reactions: Great White
Share a little bit of my experience.
OD: Oct 2021
EDD: Aug 15 to Oct 20, 2022

After placing my order, I didn't finish my profile, since I knew it would be June next year, so complete trade-in and finance didn't make sense at that time.

Fast forward to April 2022, I started to pay attention to my EDD and then got advice from here to skip trade in and choose cash as payment.

Went to test drive last week and talked to a SA. He told me that I would never be put in the queue before the profile was completed. So which means, even though I ordered Oct last year, I am actually in the queue with who ordered this April.

Big disappointment, terrible experience. I wish I know this forum earlier, Tesla SAs are useless...
I made your mistake too. Ordered online by myself, was TOLD I didn’t have to fill out next steps. I ordered in august and didn’t complete profile until November. I think I caught it fast enough

Reactions: Gagu
Congrats, I will be looking out for the projector's as well, although I don't think I would not accept it for this reason only. Would you mind sharing your VIN, less last two digits.

Thanks
I would have taken the car even without the projectors and after the last few posts on this subject, that is what I was expecting so I was very pleasantly surprised to see the projectors on my new Model 3!

Share a little bit of my experience.
OD: Oct 2021
EDD: Aug 15 to Oct 20, 2022

After placing my order, I didn't finish my profile, since I knew it would be June next year, so complete trade-in and finance didn't make sense at that time.

Fast forward to April 2022, I started to pay attention to my EDD and then got advice from here to skip trade in and choose cash as payment.

Went to test drive last week and talked to a SA. He told me that I would never be put in the queue before the profile was completed. So which means, even though I ordered Oct last year, I am actually in the queue with who ordered this April.

Big disappointment, terrible experience. I wish I know this forum earlier, Tesla SAs are useless...
Tesla is flat out the worst company I have ever dealt with - no hyperbole here. This includes American Airlines, AT&T, and Comcast. My test drive experience was trash, email support is trash, chat is trash, calls are trash, the website is trash, the staff is trash, the app is trash, and the order estimator is worse than worthless. I have never seen such a *sugar* show, run so poorly, so consistently, with one **** up right after the other.

I'd rather sh*t in my hands and clap than ever do business with them again. I pray some competitor puts their feet to the fire so they don't have this market segment by the balls any longer and I have other options.

Last edited:
Just got the email about final payment. Went to my account and was prompted to accept the vision agreement and acceleration change. Checked the source code and I have a VIN! EDD now May 15-19.
Wooooo yay for you! Continue this positive trend for all!
On related note, Reddit M3 thread had at least 8 VIN assignments on Monday 5.2, so perhaps that is addtl confirmation of the trend…? (or not not)

All model 3’s will come with the matrix projector lights. They will not come with the old lights unless it was an older car that they have recycled through the system…why would they randomly switch up the headlights almost mid-year to the old stock? They usually exhaust assembly line stock before switching to a new product on the assembly line.

All model 3’s will come with the matrix projector lights. They will not come with the old lights unless it was an older car that they have recycled through the system…why would they randomly switch up the headlights almost mid-year to the old stock? They usually exhaust assembly line stock before switching to a new product on the assembly line.
It’s called supply chain issues, they couldn’t get parts for the new headlights. So went back to what they could get parts for…

Newbie here. I placed my order on 04/30/2022 and the EDD on the app is showing as Nov 19- Jan 14. Thanks to this community, I came to know that I should provide trade-in info AND set payment as cash(due to the EDD being so far away) or risk being put at the end of the queue perenially. Is there anything else I should be doing(besides the long wait 😅)?
Welcome to the waiting lounge. One more thing to do is fill this survey if you haven't

Delivery updated to May 13th- May 17th, was previously May 19- May 25th , anxious to lock a day in
Even once you do, don't count on Tesla keeping the appointment. I had a delivery date scheduled for a week from today, and they reached out and said the car was not arriving on-time and they just assigned me a new appointment (at a time when I'm at the airport for a week-long trip across the country).