Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Literally everyone that I know on the East Coast has the EXACT same date range, including myself. Maybe this is a full system refresh? Maybe Tesla is in the process of cutting off all sales for anyone who lives on the East Coast forever? I wish I was joking but I ordered a blk/blk 18" RWD back in August '21. Pickup is Mount Kisco, NY. There is NO way that NY has been receiving my build for almost a year. That tells me Tesla hasn't shipped new RWD cars there in a VERY long time and apparently don't plan on it for another few months. It blows my mind that one of the most populous regions in the world is not receiving the most sought after/affordable EV in Tesla's lineup
Fingers crossed for the full system refresh! The optimist in me says mid-May we will see east coast orders start to shift back to late May, early June EDD's.

Reactions: Rezan8
I ordered my M3 in November 2021. I received by VIN on Monday, April 25th. Like so many others, my 5 day window gets pushed back one day everyday about 7 am California time. (The update today was May 5 - May 9) The issue I have is that I can't get a straight answer from Tesla. I call about every 3 days. I've been told it has left the Fremont factory and had has been transported to Lathrop, CA awaiting a final transfer to Fresno Tesla where I will pick it up. I tried calling my virtual SA and didn't receive an answer. I did receive a text saying sorry I missed your call is there something he could help me with. I responded that I was checking on my delivery status to Fresno. About an hour later I received a response and was told my M3 was still being assembled and is nearly complete. I know that is not true and didn't respond back. This has been a very unique process to say the least.

Fingers crossed for the full system refresh! The optimist in me says mid-May we will see east coast orders start to shift back to late May, early June EDD's.
That's what I saw during the end of 1Q2022. Some people got bumped up and received the cars in late March 2022.
I am hoping some of the east coast orders get picked as well during 2Q end of quarter refresh.
1651765938463.png

I wish someone from Tesla could answer this.....

8 months and still waiting, although in a new line now (post VIN waiting).

So near and yet so far......can't say anything more.
My actual delivery date hit another bump and got pushed out by another 5 days....revised delivery date is May 22-May 26 now. Seems, it shall be a month gap between receiving VIN & actual delivery.

After 8 months of hearing from Tesla customer support, "we shall be able to provide you a firm delivery date, once a VIN is allocated to your account".......the misery is still not over.

Reading online; the culprit now is the missing charging port.

The latest reply from Tesla customer support is "we reply on 3rd party transporters to ship the cars from Fremont to your delivery center (Miami) and delays are beyond our control at this moment. We are only relaying you information that we can see on our end."

Annoying and frustrating!!

The least that they can do is being honest and straight forward by admitting that the vehicles are missing the charging port and the service center is waiting for the part to prepare your vehicle for delivery.

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Black/Black | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/29/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - present)

Catching up with this thread and I've noticed that the folks that have received their VINs recently have had White interior as their option. Must be a shortage of vegan black material.

Reactions: Soosh and Rezan8
Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Black/Black | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/29/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - present)

Catching up with this thread and I've noticed that the folks that have received their VINs recently have had White interior as their option. Must be a shortage of vegan black material.
My white interior RN got pushed this morning to July - August...maybe its a more widespread issue then the interior color.

Literally everyone that I know on the East Coast has the EXACT same date range, including myself. Maybe this is a full system refresh? Maybe Tesla is in the process of cutting off all sales for anyone who lives on the East Coast forever? I wish I was joking but I ordered a blk/blk 18" RWD back in August '21. Pickup is Mount Kisco, NY. There is NO way that NY has been receiving my build for almost a year. That tells me Tesla hasn't shipped new RWD cars there in a VERY long time and apparently don't plan on it for another few months. It blows my mind that one of the most populous regions in the world is not receiving the most sought after/affordable EV in Tesla's lineup
It is not just ya'll. I am in NorCal sitting at July 3 - August 14. :(

Reactions: Sexy_owner
I talked to mine few times and he seems stupidest person I have met. He gave me one reason all the time "OH, it's headquarters, I can't help.
Back in +/- January 2021, the first road test I went to. After trying the 3 we're looking at the Y in the showroom. It was during that brief period where they had a lower range Y, thus lower price. I ask the SA "The one I was seating in says Dual motor...would the low range Y also have (2) motors? SA : What difference does it make...you don't see the motors. 🙄

• Funny
Reactions: Rezan8 and sher
Called in to see if any cars got rejected in my spec...no RWD at all but they had a LR, really thinking about pulling the trigger on it. I will have to pay the updated pricing but i can at-least get it now with certainty versus no certainty with the RWD it seems. He said RWD are trickling in where as the LR are steadily coming in for deliveries.

Decision is still up in the air.

Reactions: Mlm33
While still waiting for my Model 3... my ICE car is trying to prove it's anger at me for looking to replace it. Before ordering the Model 3, I have the '02 Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Right after purchase I had to replace hoses(expected), then the radiator blew. Replaced it. Front upper and lower Ball joints were crap, replaced them.. Replaced Sway bars. Then replaced tie rods. Few months later, Full brake replacement including one caliper that didn't want to play nice. Blew Spark Plug due to bad threads, HeliCoil and run. Fast forward to Feb of this yr, Spark Plug 2 decided to try to jump into orbit. Helicoil again. Got tired of gas Prices and decided 3/10 to order my Tesla. Next day the Engine begins to misfire, bad coil pack. I jokingly ask my SA if Tesla will provide me an "Extended" Test drive until mine arrives which got a laugh, as I expected. Fast forward to last night. Driving home, I blow a fitting on the intake manifold, tossing the hose aside and spraying the engine and such with coolant. Friend was able to get it "Engineered" with a new fitting instead of replacing the manifold. He said it will hold... it won't be pretty... but I might have a few more months left on this before it's a huge rebuild. So I'm hoping it will last until August where my EDD is sitting. So I just decide to enjoy what I can, following what we say at work. "It's not the end that matters, but the Journey that makes us who we are" I have most of the accessories I want sitting in my living room including the newest item for the trunk.

IMG_1292.jpg

Reactions: uberxyz
Since a bunch of us are just sitting around and waiting for things to happen, is anyone doing anything interesting with their Tesla once received?

New rims? A wrap? Any fancy modifications interior or exterior?

I plan on perhaps getting a wrap and have been weighing my options. These kind of wraps are looking very appealing to me.

Attachments

• 241105355_4458305640896282_2510802250264808354_n (1).jpg
    241105355_4458305640896282_2510802250264808354_n (1).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 62
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Rezan8 and Mlm33
Completely agree with this , they have completely ignored us East coast folks , Hear lots of folks well after our OD getting their EDD's and VIN's and here we are sitting for a year without any end in sight!

Called in to see if any cars got rejected in my spec...no RWD at all but they had a LR, really thinking about pulling the trigger on it. I will have to pay the updated pricing but i can at-least get it now with certainty versus no certainty with the RWD it seems. He said RWD are trickling in where as the LR are steadily coming in for deliveries.

Decision is still up in the air.
You only have to pay the price difference based on when you ordered… I looked into it