Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD went from May 8 - 22 to July 9 - Aug 20, this is getting ridiculous… like how do they give us hope and take it away like that. Do they not have a clue our car is not in production by the time our EDD is near and they have to push it back by 2-3 months?!?
Welcome to the pushback club! It's awful here. Some are speculating this is a pushback before a proper EDD 'Correction' as seen right before the big VIN drop a couple of weeks ago. Fer that it is worth, every RWD reservation holder with an order from August to January who I can find is, almost without fail, sitting on a July-August EDD. May I ask - what is your configuration and order date?

Reactions: Rezan8
Welcome to the pushback club! It's awful here. Some are speculating this is a pushback before a proper EDD 'Correction' as seen right before the big VIN drop a couple of weeks ago. Fer that it is worth, every RWD reservation holder with an order from August to January who I can find is, almost without fail, sitting on a July-August EDD. May I ask - what is your configuration and order date?
My OD August 9th, current EDD August 7 - September 18th I’m the failure haha sorry !

• Funny
Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
Even though I can’t say I’m happy to be part of the pushback club, but thanks. That’s an interesting theory, my OD is Nov 18th, RWD White, white, Aeros, no FSD, pickup in Vancouver

Reactions: Rezan8
Even though I can’t say I’m happy to be part of the pushback club, but thanks. That’s an interesting theory, my OD is Nov 18th, RWD White, white, Aeros, no FSD, pickup in Vancouver
Nice! I hope the speculation is right but I've upset myself often enough to not trust anything. I want LFP and the RWD price and I'm prepared to wait until July - August. If there's nothing happening by then, I'm either canceling or my spouse and I are discussing paying for LR.

Hi all! I am going to join this room. Ordered 04/22 in The Netherlands (EU) (RWD, Enhanced AP, blue color with black interior). Filled in the sheets from a couple of posts up. What a Tesla rep told me is that delivery should take place between november 2021 - January 2022. But reading here makes me think otherwise....

Reactions: Soosh
Nice! I hope the speculation is right but I've upset myself often enough to not trust anything. I want LFP and the RWD price and I'm prepared to wait until July - August. If there's nothing happening by then, I'm either canceling or my spouse and I are discussing paying for LR.
I'm locked in at the 40k price point. I'm not going anywhere. I've tried to talk myself into AWD but I just can't do it. I just don't see the advantages for what I need and I really don't like spending anything more than I have to.

I’ve considered the switch to LR too but in Canada we get rebates for the RWD, if I switched and could get Nov pricing I’d still be paying 18k more for it, so it’s not worth it for me. If I were in the States and it was only 6k more Id switch in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Hi all! I am going to join this room. Ordered 04/22 in The Netherlands (EU) (RWD, Enhanced AP, blue color with black interior). Filled in the sheets from a couple of posts up. What a Tesla rep told me is that delivery should take place between november 2021 - January 2022. But reading here makes me think otherwise....
Congrats on your order, your best move is to just keep off all Tesla forums and even delete the app, forget about ever ordering a car. It saves you a lot of emotional stress.

Reactions: Jbedz
Just received my vin # today. Still trying to figure out if it's lfp or nca. Will update.
Is your OD from this year? I ordered a day later 4/30/22 but I have Oct 18 - Dec 13 as my EDD. If you really got your order that quick with an RWD, I can simply switch from “no trade in” in my pre-delivery tasks to filling out trade in details for my 2016 Toyota Camry.

Also from the east coast in SoFla btw. I haven’t heard from much people about Florida RWD orders, preferably SoFla.

Yes, but when I ordered it was 40k RWD and 50K AWD. So 10k increase for range/acceleration I don't need.
I am with you 100% - for us, it would be an $8k increase (6k raw cost + loss of $2k rebate) paid purely to get some certainty. The only reason we are even discussing making the switch at the 6-month mark (if we're still looking at endless delays) is that we are, as of this week, without a car. We were using a car share in our neighborhood but the HOA did not renew the contract and it is gone. But, I am optimistic we will get our car as ordered by July/August if only because we have the white seats added on.

Reactions: alset3000
Hi everyone, quick question for the group. I ordered a Model 3 last year and after patiently waiting for over 6 months, I finally got a VIN number assigned. In speaking to the Customer service team on the phone, I was informed that the car had arrived at the local service center and is awaiting pre-delivery inspection and scheduling delivery. The question is how long does it take from the car arriving at the local store to finally being delivered? It’s been a week since the car had arrived but I’ve not made any progress on getting the delivery scheduled. Wanted to get the thoughts from the group and see what your experience has been and if there is any advice that you can provide to speed up the delivery. Thanks.
Sounds like you’re in the same boat as us, we received a vin over 2 weeks ago but still can’t schedule a pickup date. We’ve talked with a few people on the phone, one did confirm the car was delivered to our location, but they said it would need a couple days to prep it, that was a week ago. They won’t tell us it’s waiting on parts, but I believe that’s the issue.

Congrats on your order, your best move is to just keep off all Tesla forums and even delete the app, forget about ever ordering a car. It saves you a lot of emotional stress.
I just deleted the app myself and today will definitely be the last day im on this forum till i get my car or at least set up delivery.

Its been nice to see all the different accounts of how things have played out or are still playing out for some. It was also quite nerve wrecking. Probably is healthy to stay off as this delivery process is completely random from what I have gauged.

All the best to everyone in here and i'll touch base when things change!

I just deleted the app myself and today will definitely be the last day im on this forum till i get my car or at least set up delivery.

Its been nice to see all the different accounts of how things have played out or are still playing out for some. It was also quite nerve wrecking. Probably is healthy to stay off as this delivery process is completely random from what I have gauged.

All the best to everyone in here and i'll touch base when things change!
Gotta keep our mental health in check! Everything on Tesla's end is just complete randomness.

Good luck to you my friend!

Reactions: Jbedz and Soosh
Is your OD from this year? I ordered a day later 4/30/22 but I have Oct 18 - Dec 13 as my EDD. If you really got your order that quick with an RWD, I can simply switch from “no trade in” in my pre-delivery tasks to filling out trade in details for my 2016 Toyota Camry.

Also from the east coast in SoFla btw. I haven’t heard from much people about Florida RWD orders, preferably SoFla.
From this year. I put in my information in the same day I ordered though. I feel like that has something to do with it.