Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a 2022 order, in Canada and I had tried that "edit" link before with no success either. Not long ago there was an article stating that Canadian could now also edit their order using the edit button but like others, the "edit" button was not present on the manage account page. Now today, reading the last few comments, I gave it another try and somehow it ended-up working. So @yektoop you may want to try this way :
  1. Login to your account first
  2. Click on "Manage" on your car logo
  3. Only then paste : Tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN*******
Now that it's working that gets me thinking if I should make any changes. 🤔
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, by following these steps I am being redirected to the man page :(

I'm a 2022 order, in Canada and I had tried that "edit" link before with no success either. Not long ago there was an article stating that Canadian could now also edit their order using the edit button but like others, the "edit" button was not present on the manage account page. Now today, reading the last few comments, I gave it another try and somehow it ended-up working. So @yektoop you may want to try this way :
  1. Login to your account first
  2. Click on "Manage" on your car logo
  3. Only then paste : Tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN*******
Now that it's working that gets me thinking if I should make any changes. 🤔
It's working for me, but I don't really want to make any changes... Maybe the wheels.

I went to kbb to price out a 2021 model 3 rwd vs long range, excellent condition with 15,000 miles. Long range private party sale was $59,549 vs $53,998 for rwd. So price difference of $5,551.

When I ordered my rwd in March the price differential rwd vs long long range was $9,000. With the current price increase the difference is $11,000.

Looks like when you sell you will not make up the price difference.
It is well known in the used car world that the base trim retains its value the most. Add to that the fact that the price difference was lower in the past - the current price difference was inflated by Tesla to slow down LR orders.

Also, imagine if you have an SR reservation at $40k, take delivery today and sell immediately, you’ll make $10k even after sales tax. The wait may be very well worth it :)

Reactions: kvanriper
Went from a six-week window to a five-week window overnight. My wife said, "so what" 🤣🤣🤣

Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD
Order Date: 2/6/2022

Estimated Delivery Date History:
2/6/2022: October 2022
2/8/2022: May 17 - June 14
3/7/2022: August 2022
3/12/2022: July 25 - August 22
5/13/2022: August 11 - September 22
6/20/2022: August 17 - September 21
I did too. Now 8/15-9/19. OD 9/16