Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery at Nambe New Mexico. My text announcing my model 3 had departed Fremont cam October 15. I took delivery on November 3, but had actually been offered delivery October 31. I saw my VIN for the first time on my account web page after I click "OK" on the notification that day that my car would have no ultrasound.

I think my car took a detour through Colorado, possibly related the the legal mumbo-jumbo involved in delivering a Tesla to a state with strong dealer-protection laws. Your times might be shorter.
Thanks so much for letting me know! I hope my times are similar to your shortest available.

UPDATE: On yesterday 11/05 I decided to go back to black interior. Today I woke up with an EDD of 12/09-12/31. Hopefully it comes before 12/24, that’s when my check expires.
I originally was going to get a Mercedes for my birthday so I got financing, then decided last minute I wanted a Tesla. My indecisiveness is kicking my a**. Lesson learned for me, leave things be. 😂
UPDATE: On Thursday 11/10 I received this text from Tesla.
Tesla Update - Hi , great news! Your Model 3 (RN) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

ts.la/app.

On Sunday, 11/10-EDD changed to December 2- December 16.

Reactions: paganini
UPDATE: On Thursday 11/10 I received this text from Tesla.
Tesla Update - Hi , great news! Your Model 3 (RN) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

ts.la/app.

On Sunday, 11/13-EDD changed to December 2- December 16.

M3/WHITE/BLACK/19"/NO FSD
OD: 8/14/2022
EDD on Website Oct to Dec 2022
EDD on 8/15/2022: Sept 7 to Oct 5
EDD on 8/21/2022: Nov 18 to Dec 30
EDD on 9/15/2022: Nov 13 to Dec 18
EDD on 9/22/2022: Oct 30 to Dec 5
EDD on 9/28/2022: Oct 7 to Oct 19

VIN on Oct 1,
Delivery date window given October 16 -19 - but I couldn't pick it up due to me being on vacation Oct 29. Order placed on hold for 24 hours

New EDD: Dec 31

Was offered another tesla for pick up Oct 24, which I had to decline again. Order placed on hold again for 24 hours.

EDD: Dec 31
EDD: Nov 15 to Nov 27

On Nov 3,

Tesla Update - great news! Your Model 3 (RN** is expected to be delivered within the next month. In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

We will provide further updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

EDD on 11/09/2022: Nov 27 to Dec 11
EDD on 11/14/2022 : Nov 28 to Dec 11

Last edited:
11/12 update: everything is done except a Tesla accounting error. Somehow they double count my loan account. So my down payment due is negative, which prevents me paying any down payment. I will try to reach Tesla rep today to fix this before next Monday's delivery appointment. Otherwise I may demand Tesla pay me to sell me a car. 🤣
Tesla fixed the issue on Saturday afternoon. I just took delivery this morning.

Reactions: kaimanson
I got text "schedule your Model 3" txt.
I will be traveling to overseas this weekend and return on Dec 15th.
is there a way to move the date to Dec last week ?
what is the process ? Any phone number I can reach Tesla to discuss the options ?
Since March 2022, I've delayed the delivery of a model Y in March, and a model 3 two weeks ago. In both cases I had a definite conflict. I texted the one and only text source Tesla has used with me (which at different times seems to have gone to different people) briefly stating my problem and request a small accommodation (like 3 days). In both cases I got help. One time they just scheduled me without further interaction, and they other I got a text offer of an option, to which I indicated I'd like a two hour modification, and then it appeared on the schedule.

This may not work for you--especially since you appear to want a much larger shift. But as you have gotten a text, my suggestion is that texting a reply to that text with your situation and request is a way to attempt action.

This is a very quick turn around after getting my VIN and Text that my M3 is in transit to the delivery center. I texted back and ask on how long it should take from Fremont, CA to NJ, my rep says it will take 2-3 weeks from 11/12 on the day I received a text notification which I know that I have plenty of time to shop around for insurance and to send supporting documents for my credit union for my auto loan, but a day after that I received another text and email to schedule my delivery......whaaaaaaat?!!! :eek: I thought i will get my car by Nov 30 - Dec 9 but damn I'll be getting the car a week early. My waiting game is almost over and I will kiss goodbye to gas stations

My summary of ordering my M3
Good update. I got my VIN, but no text or email from Tesla.
Model 3 SR White/ White Interior/ No FSD
Location - NJ
OD - 08/18/22
1st EDD - 11/20 - 01/01
2nd EDD (as of 09/26) - 11/14 - 12/19
3rd EDD (as of 10/22) - 11/12 - 11/26
4th EDD (as of 10/31) - 11/29 - 12/27
5th EDD (as of 11/06) - 11/20 - 12/04
6th EDD (as of 11/08) - 11/22 - 12/04
7th EDD (as of 11/11) - 11/30 - 12/09 VIN posted on my app
1st Update after VIN ( as of 11/12) - In Transit to Delivery Center
2nd Update after VIN ( as of 11/14) - Scheduled Delivery (11/26/2022)

My EDD just dropped from a 5 week window to November 7-16th but still no VIN though. Is that likely to move again since I haven’t received a vin yet?
11My car got pushed back to 11/17 - 12/23. I checked online and Tesla had a car inventory exactly as mine so I called and was able to switch to it and got my
My experience so far on my 9/5/22 order date

Original confg: M3/silver ext/blk int/ 18” wheels
  • 9/6: Oct22 - Dec22
  • 9/6: first three checkmarks completed
  • 9/26: 11/14 - 12/5
  • 10/9: 12/11 - 1/6/23
  • 10/13: 11/10 - 12/16
  • 10/26: Changed confg to blk ext/19” wheels
  • 10/27: 11/11 - 12/9
• 11/7: 11/17 - 12/23
• 11/8: Found a car in inventory exactly like my build. Called and order was switched to it and got my VIN immediately. Delivery scheduled for 11/12.
•11/12: Took Delivery in Cathedral City, CA. Minor cosmetic issues that Tesla took care of before I left. There were two issues that I needed to schedule service for. My passenger headlight wasn’t properly aligned to the body of the car and there was a scratch on the passenger side view mirror. Other than that it was a great experience

My experience so far from a 9/11 order date.
  • 9/11: 12/10-1/21 42 day window
  • 9/25: first three checkmarks completed
  • 9/26: 11/2-12/7 35 day window
  • 10/9: 12/4-12/31 27 day window
  • 10/19: 12/6-12/31 25 day window
  • 10/25: 11/8-12/6 28 day window
  • 10/31: trade in text received
According to others who has been through this, the trade in text isn't a significant indicator of anything. Everyone else who has gotten a trade in text were within two week windows except me, but VIN came within two weeks of this text for others.

Will update when I get a VIN or delivery date.
Latest update...
  • 9/11: 12/10-1/21 42 day window
  • 9/25: first three check marks completed
  • 9/26: 11/2-12/7 35 day window
  • 10/9: 12/4-12/31 27 day window - 13 days since last update
  • 10/19: 12/6-12/31 25 day window - 10 days since last update
  • 10/25: 11/8-12/6 28 day window - 6 days since last update
  • 10/31: “Hi X, you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model 3 purchase.” text received
  • 11/7: “Hi *, this is SA with the Tesla trade-in team. I'm reaching out to see if we can provide you with a trade in offer for your current vehicle.” text received along with a voicemail from SA. (suspect both were automated)
  • 11/9: 11/26-12/24 28 day window - 15 days since last update
  • 11/15: “Tesla Update - Hi *, great news! Your Model 3 (RN*********) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks” text received
Not sure where this is going, but seems to confirm that the trade in text is of no significant meaning other than randomly sent when you approach your first day of the EDD window, which is also pretty meaningless.

Will update again when I have any significant news.

Reactions: NomadinNJ
On the Tesla website for my zip code, it says the Estimated Delivery would be between Nov-Dec if I order today. How accurate is that estimated delivery date?

In order to potentially get tax credits, I want to order in a way where I get delivery on or shortly after January 1st.

Any general idea when deliveries will hit January 2023? When would be the best time to order? Any other tips on how to get a delivery as close to Jan 1st as possible? How many days/weeks can I ask Tesla support to delay my delivery?

On the Tesla website for my zip code, it says the Estimated Delivery would be between Nov-Dec if I order today. How accurate is that estimated delivery date?

In order to potentially get tax credits, I want to order in a way where I get delivery on or shortly after January 1st.

Any general idea when deliveries will hit January 2023? When would be the best time to order? Any other tips on how to get a delivery as close to Jan 1st as possible? How many days/weeks can I ask Tesla support to delay my delivery?
You're expecting you'll get tax credits on the RWD with the LFP battery?