Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved 3 years ago but somehow never even sat inside of one until yesterday. Picked up my MSM SR+ w/AP yesterday in Burbank. They let me put 6k down on a credit card and swap a phone cable so they're both USB-C. No floor mats though lol. Driving away from Tesla and engaging autopilot had me smiling like a kid on Christmas. Had her tinted today. Such a slick car.

Attachments

• 20190331_132504.jpg
    20190331_132504.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Love
Reactions: SMAlset
Reserved 3 years ago but somehow never even sat inside of one until yesterday. Picked up my MSM SR+ w/AP yesterday in Burbank. They let me put 6k down on a credit card and swap a phone cable so they're both USB-C. No floor mats though lol. Driving away from Tesla and engaging autopilot had me smiling like a kid on Christmas. Had her tinted today. Such a slick car.

Is $6k the max?

Finally after talking to multiple people and dozens of phone calls, I got justice :)

My Owner Advisor said she was OOO and the delivery team missed to call me when MR was discontinued. I still don't know why they responded weirdly when I called, but bygones are bygones. She apologized for the oversight and escalated to the store delivery manager. They were able to get me a 2019 SR+ (Red/Black) with 19" wheels, which was allocated for their store demo. I checked the car and it looks perfectly fine with just 12 km on it. They comped off the red paint ($3300 CAD), so I pulled the trigger. Taking delivery today - super excited!!

Original order date: 2nd March 2019 - SR+, Blue/Black, 18" with AP
Changed order on 4th March 2019 - MR, Blue/Black, 18" with AP
18th March 2019: MR discontinued
30th March 2019: Offered and accepted SR+, Red/Black, 19" with FSD.

Reactions: SMAlset
Finally after talking to multiple people and dozens of phone calls, I got justice :)

My Owner Advisor said she was OOO and the delivery team missed to call me when MR was discontinued. I still don't know why they responded weirdly when I called, but bygones are bygones. She apologized for the oversight and escalated to the store delivery manager. They were able to get me a 2019 SR+ (Red/Black) with 19" wheels, which was allocated for their store demo. I checked the car and it looks perfectly fine with just 12 km on it. They comped off the red paint ($3300 CAD), so I pulled the trigger. Taking delivery today - super excited!!

Original order date: 2nd March 2019 - SR+, Blue/Black, 18" with AP
Changed order on 4th March 2019 - MR, Blue/Black, 18" with AP
18th March 2019: MR discontinued
30th March 2019: Offered and accepted SR+, Red/Black, 19" with FSD.

Do you mind sharing who you contacted or the job title. I ordered a MR in January and they called me March 19th to tell me it's not going in delivery so I changed order to SR+ but no word since and no discounts.

With no experience or understanding of what you posted (lol) is there any other way to see any of this info? And I assume that your option of APF0 means you purchased autopilot?

You can try plugging your VIN into an online decoder to see some of the options (e.g. VIN Decoder | TeslaTap) . I didn't order AP - although I still have a couple of weeks left with the 30-day AP trial. I'll check to see if the code is updated after my trial expires..

When I bought my model S, they made me pay by check for my down payment. Did you just ask and they let you use a credit card easily or did you have to push?
Was this 6K in addition to the 2.5 K online as a deposit

So while I took delivery last Tuesday evening I only just got my car back from being wrapped. Everything about it continues to exceed my expectations, and I can’t believe how good autopilot is. Insane.

Attachments

• 84303727-3F4D-422C-B20F-40A7D5A364F4.jpeg
    84303727-3F4D-422C-B20F-40A7D5A364F4.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 91
  • C4BAA8B4-EAD8-40FE-9528-E24F1D6995E1.jpeg
    C4BAA8B4-EAD8-40FE-9528-E24F1D6995E1.jpeg
    523.7 KB · Views: 105
  • D6719E4C-45F2-4417-A09C-7EE7E43E4039.jpeg
    D6719E4C-45F2-4417-A09C-7EE7E43E4039.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 103
  • BC32698D-C732-42B0-90CF-F7A2A9E7DDAF.jpeg
    BC32698D-C732-42B0-90CF-F7A2A9E7DDAF.jpeg
    455.7 KB · Views: 101
I ordered an LR/AWD floor model 2 weeks ago, but it still hasn't come in and I don't have a firm delivery date. Does anybody know if it's possible to change the order to an SR+ at this point if it's not on its way yet? I don't really need the range of the LR since I don't take many road trips, but when they pulled the MR, I jumped at a discounted LR/AWD but now I'm having second thoughts.

I am going to write up an entire car buying experience post later but the tl;dr is that it was incredibly easy, very nice, and OMG I am in love with my new car. Former Lexus owner... now Tesla all the way!!

Here's a shot of the new car. SR+, White exterior with White/Black interior, with AP. SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to drive this like it is a fast spacepod from the future - this baby is a lot of fun!
If you want to have your Autopilot drive YOU while you scoff at the plebs driving their cars and burning gasoline - that's a lot of fun, too!!

Ordered on Saturday, 3/30.
Picked up on Sunday, 3/31.
Sick turnaround, IMO

Staff awesome, everyone super friendly and helpful. Spent more time going through my four page checklist (thank you TMC!) inspecting the car (no issues!) than the process of buying the car took once I arrived.

IMG_0972.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting43
Got my SR+ Saturday night in a Denver. Orders black on black with auto pilot on 3/6. Car looked great with only the passenger window being slightly out of alignment.

Love the car but a couple observations: My friend has the premium performance version and you definitely can tell the difference in the stereo sound between his and mine. The SR+ sounds ok but I would love to add a sub. I hope this will be possible using existing wiring harness.

One thing that bothers me which I did not expect. Driving the car at night, the interior is dark. Very dark. The SR plus doesn’t include ambient lighting and I was surprised to see that I wish it did. The physical lights are there but not active. I need to find a way to add at least foot well lighting. Any thoughts on this?

I need to find a way to add at least foot well lighting. Any thoughts on this?

There are 3rd party but I just searched and they are for the premium trim only. Turns out they are either brighter or colored vs the stock lights.

Hopefully someone comes out with a DIY kit to add them. If the plug is accessible it shouldn't be a difficult project, unless the place where the light is installed is missing.