Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still waiting for price cut on AP/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I received the basic AP package last night and drove it shortly after that. I have had an AP1 and AP2 car with EAP. This new package is good, but I would say I’d prefer AP1 over it just because they did leave out lane changing ability. You have to disconnect AP, change lanes, and then re engage it once your established in your new lane. AP2 was like this for awhile when it was brand new and it’s a real pain.

It feels like to me Tesla is starting to redefine what FSD means to them now. I think this is also why it has been radio silence on the coast to coast drive also. They now consider being able to change lanes while in auto steer part of “FSD”. I wouldn’t be surprised if they release basically what is Navigate on Autopilot for city streets, make it recognize stoplights (probably pretty inconsistently) and then call the FSD package complete.
I agree with most of your post. But I think in order to call it completed confirmation of lane changes would have to be removed. And it would have to be very, very consistent. Otherwise they would loose all creditable, if they have any left.

I agree with most of your post. But I think in order to call it completed confirmation of lane changes would have to be removed. And it would have to be very, very consistent. Otherwise they would loose all creditable, if they have any left.

Yeah they will probably remove the confirmation of lane changing eventually so that they can more easily spin the fact that it’s called FSD. I mean if there is no driver input required when it’s working correctly... I guess the car is fully driving itself. But just like on the Navigate on Auto Pilot feature today, we know how much intervention it takes to get it to work correctly.

So I received the basic AP package last night and drove it shortly after that. I have had an AP1 and AP2 car with EAP. This new package is good, but I would say I’d prefer AP1 over it just because they did leave out lane changing ability. You have to disconnect AP, change lanes, and then re engage it once your established in your new lane. AP2 was like this for awhile when it was brand new and it’s a real pain.

It feels like to me Tesla is starting to redefine what FSD means to them now. I also think this is why it has been radio silence on the coast to coast drive. They now consider being able to change lanes while in auto steer part of “FSD”. I wouldn’t be surprised if they release basically what is Navigate on Autopilot for city streets, make it recognize some stoplights (probably pretty inconsistently) and then call the FSD package complete.

Thx for your review. Darn. I’ve had AP1 and EAP in the past on previous Tesla’s and I somewhat liked the auto lane change feature. Another way for Tesla to migrate AP buyers to FSD. Argh.

I'd like to change the thread title to "Still waiting for AP/FSD activation". Is there a way for me to change the title?

The email I received shortly after purchasing said that it would take "up to an hour". It's now been about 4 days. Has anyone else that bought AP/FSD, and started out with neither, had it activated yet?

It's now been about 4 days. Has anyone else that bought AP/FSD, and started out with neither, had it activated yet?

It depends on what you have now, but I don't think you should expecting anything.
I think what we received was just a standard email that is sent out to anyone who uses the Tesla site to upgrade the car. In some cases, like when you unlock a software-locked battery, something actually happens in the car. But if you (like me) bought the FSD upgrade I doubt you'll see anything visible in the car, apart from an ephemeral pop-up saying that the upgrade was successful.

I'd like to change the thread title to "Still waiting for AP/FSD activation". Is there a way for me to change the title?

The email I received shortly after purchasing said that it would take "up to an hour". It's now been about 4 days. Has anyone else that bought AP/FSD, and started out with neither, had it activated yet?

I just called into support for a totally different reason, but there was an ambush message put up on the main support line saying, "If you've recently upgraded to the full-self driving package, and have not yet seen a confirmation, we are aware of the bug and are working on it".

I suspect your issue is what they are talking about...

Ok, I got AP/FSD this morning. This morning I got the standard software update message in the car, and when the update was done, the AP/FSD features were available. I had sent an email to support yesterday (via my account page on Tesla.com) asking about the status. I don't know if that put me next in the queue, or if it was just a coincidence that I got the update soon after sending that message.

Ok, I got AP/FSD this morning. This morning I got the standard software update message in the car, and when the update was done, the AP/FSD features were available. I had sent an email to support yesterday (via my account page on Tesla.com) asking about the status. I don't know if that put me next in the queue, or if it was just a coincidence that I got the update soon after sending that message.
I tried this suggestion - sent an email to support via my account, and I can't even get a reply. I even tried clicking on the Buy Autopilot Upgrade for $4,000 thinking that would trigger correct / updated pricing, but that was a no go also (I just cancelled the purchase).

How many others are still waiting for the price drop on the AP/FSD?

I think the price drops have been entered for everyone who was supposed to get them. When did you order your car? When did you take deliver? What model was it? What features did you pay for at time of ordering EAP EAP&FSD or nothing?
I purchased my 2017 Model S75 pre-owned in November 2018. It did not have EAP or EAP&FSD when I purchased it. My account on Tesla.com is still showing $4,000 for Autopilot and $11,000 for Autopilot plus FSD.

I thought that the pricing would drop to $3,000 for Autopilot and $5,000 for Autopilot plus FSD based on the chart below.

What am I missing?
Thank you.
This may help add to the confusion! I'm not sure about the HW upgrade, but I hope so!
D0t9coCWoAA4pzk.jpg:large

Tough to know for sure. I'd give them a call or visit a Tesla Service Center if you are committed to buying if you get the lower price. It seems that CPOs sometimes fall through the cracks on stuff like this...
Thanks for the suggestion. I called Customer Support this afternoon and was told this discounted pricing was no longer available because there is a price increase tonight. The support rep told me that AP / AP+FSD was reverting to original pricing and it was posted on Twitter.

I checked Twitter (Tesla and Elon) and the only Tweet remotely related was this one from Elon:
Reminder to buy our S3XY cars before midnight on Monday! Prices rise slightly worldwide on Tuesday. You can order online at Electric Cars, Solar Panels & Clean Energy Storage | Tesla

So I called Tesla Customer Support a second time. I explained the situation to a second rep, and he told me that does not sound correct. He sent an email to the Upgrade Department (that might not be the correct name, but the department in charge of pushing out these updates), and received a reply from them while we were still on the phone. I did not receive the reduced pricing because it is NOT available to purchasers of pre-owned vehicles. I did not ask about CPO vehicles, because that does not apply to me either.

#MajorBummer