Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You managed to keep 8.1 past the deadline didn't you? I'm still jealous.

If any hackers offer a full 8.1 downgrade service, I will pay whatever you think it's worth plus 100% mark up.

That goes for me too if there's a way to restore gateway access through a websocket proxy. At least all in car services are still working with the exception of supercharger status.

To be honest, I see Tesla's loss of access to your car as the best feature of 8.1 now. They can't down grade you the next time they want to! I'm still waiting for Tesla to alter the deal again like Darth Vader and take more whenever they feel like it. You're safe!

YQodqfAElzpNK65CsU-I3Vglr1b6E15Dcf1xXlD7k1HUalKwFaljXUUO9nhABhIX9VxE6mOWq1jWQ1UMN893u-T_CwEZlQRiDl1tOOkJcWFrQlNyvuDBUk7i0ePbj5WVCuafu2QhtJLmEzsh0LKaUBOKMPzEPEn2_N_yjA

• Love
Reactions: Chaserr
Touch screen failure removes the ability to control lighting and that is a safety failure the NHTSA has understood forever. They are taking their time with batterygate like they did over dieselgate because they have to forge new precedent as they go so future prosecutions can follow more easily (if any company is crazy enough to try it again).

Touch screen failure removes the ability to control lighting and that is a safety failure the NHTSA has understood forever.
I still don't understand why the lights weren't given a physical switch to override the AUTO function.
The hazard flashers have a physical button. They were important enough to have a hardware button but the headlights weren't?

Rehash of BI piece on petition to investigate. BI has paywall so I have read their version but Lopez is the author.
Petition has not been granted or denied.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2019/INIM-DP19005-76719.pdf
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/downloads/monthlyReports/inv/INVMTY-052020-1234.pdf
Timing of BI article is as usual suspicious. The news is old. NHTSA’s time-to-closure closure on these petitions is terrible.

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and VT_EE
Rehash of BI piece on petition to investigate.

Actually the BI article isn't related to the NHTSA defect petition. It was about problems Tesla had in 2012 with leaks in the battery cooling system. (That could possibly cause a fire in the right circumstances.) It is unknown how many, if any, packs leaked that were sold or when, if ever :rolleyes:, Tesla solved the issue.

In other words a big nothing as far as actual information goes. (Yep, Tesla has issues with their original Model S pack design, that doesn't seem like a surprise to me.)

Charged to 90% in my 85D last week, and noticed that the range shown in the instrument cluster matches the 213 mile figure while Teslamate reports a more real world range of 201 miles at 90%.

tmate-85d.png

Still rubbish compared to the 234 miles @90% I used to get before battery gate last year... !

Reactions: gmo43