Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bowling Green, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The number of days "Under Construction" is the actually the number of days between when someone first reported construction activity to supercharge.info and the day it opened. Some have been under construction for quite a while when first reported. The shortest construction time I have seen in my ten months of watching these online is just over one month from breaking ground to "open" (Buttonwillow, CA).

• Informative
Reactions: jvonbokel
Pics as of yesterday evening. No power yet but very close!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    398.5 KB · Views: 199
Not in TripPlanner but we used it today and it worked great. Took a 10 minute walk back down to the intersection to a salad place, nice break from fast food. This is a great charger for Indianapolis to Nashville, was able to charge back up to 80% and will get to downtown Nashville and back without having to head out of the way to Brentwood TN to charge.

Reactions: bobjustbob
Just stopped for a quick charge. The traffic around this place was terrible. Hope it was just the holidays. Added 40+ minutes sitting in gridlock getting on/off interstate 65.
Came north on I65 and used this Supercharger. Yes, it took me more than 30 minutes to make it there from the I65 exit. And the "deli" and "hot food" counter at Meijer was closed so no place nearby to eat. I think there's a comment somewhere on this or the other site about not following the nav. Don't come up the very busy road US231. Go around it.

Also, max/sustained available power was 51kW on my way north (arrived at SOC 65%, ambient temp 92F) on the way south 2 days later was 32kW (arrived SOC 20% ambient temp 94F within minutes connector was too hot to touch. Moved to another = same) This charging unit sits in a very direct line to very bright sun; I think the whole unit gets scalding hot during the summer. Gave up on it, drove to Nashville to charge at a Mapco Chademo.

Anyone know if Tesla has considered shading units like this; not necessarily solar, but like at a typical gas station? In units in unusually hot areas, no natural or nearby building shade?

Two weeks ago on our way back to Texas we stopped at BG. Initially we were pulling 116kW at 24% SOC. It was dusk and outside temp was 90. I do remember seeing the kW drop rather quickly down to 55kW after 10 minutes. I thought there was an issue with that stall and so changed to only get the same kW.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.PNG
    IMG_0534.PNG
    634.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0536.PNG
    IMG_0536.PNG
    620.5 KB · Views: 93