Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bristol, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like it is almost complete. Transformer is humming and the meter is on. Meter isn't showing any usage but it's on. Looks like all electrical connections are complete. Landscaping is still in progress. This site may be active within two weeks.

IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0292.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0294.JPG

I am also working on tri-cities destination charging. We have Rush Street in Kingsport approved and the chargers shipped and Meadowview has been approved. I am also trying to get Bass Pro or Chick-fil-A on board at the Pinacles. If you are in the area drop me a message

I would like to see any type of charger in Johnson City. I contact the city commissioner's office about installing some in downtown with all the renovation going on there. Never got a response though.

Tomorrow I'm driving south on 81 from Pennsylvania to Tennessee. It sure would be nice if this charger opened up! We'll be driving an MX 75D maxed out with the family and luggage. Looks like I might not make it from Wytheville VA to Knoxville, TN without stopping for a charge somewhere. Any suggestions?

Tomorrow I'm driving south on 81 from Pennsylvania to Tennessee. It sure would be nice if this charger opened up! We'll be driving an MX 75D maxed out with the family and luggage. Looks like I might not make it from Wytheville VA to Knoxville, TN without stopping for a charge somewhere. Any suggestions?

We've driven the section in the opposite direction in S70Ds and made it with over 20% SOC from nearly full charge. There is a 1,303 feet elevation drop from Wytheville to Knoxville, so baring any strong headwinds (Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information on your MCU browser is your friend) and driving much above the speed limit you should be fine.

We've driven the section in the opposite direction in S70Ds and made it with over 20% SOC from nearly full charge. There is a 1,303 feet elevation drop from Wytheville to Knoxville, so baring any strong headwinds (Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information on your MCU browser is your friend) and driving much above the speed limit you should be fine.

Thank you. It is comforting to know of the significant drop in elevation.

RedFiveZero
At exit #407 on I40 Sevierville the Honda Motorcycle dealership has a destination charger 80 amp and it is available 24 hours.
You would exit I40 then turn left toward Sevierville. Then turn right at 1st red light after crossing I40 charger is a block on right charger is on the wall of service dept.

Have a safe trip.

• Informative
Reactions: RedFiveZero
Just stopped by and everything looks like it is complete. Landscaping is done and the site has been cleaned up. Stalls have been labeled. They haven't been activated yet and the meter is displaying "error" on the screen. I would think it would be active sometime next week.

View attachment 230621

Seen 0's. Never seen "Error" before. Is there a utility electrician in the house who can say if that's bad hardware or just needs somebody to reset it?