Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gundagai NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anyone is stopping here, please take a photo of any construction work. There's something happening to the left of the superchargers. Some have said a SC expansion but from the pics I've seen (in a private FB group) I think it looks like a Chargefox ultra-rapid site (4 stalls).

If anyone is stopping here, please take a photo of any construction work. There's something happening to the left of the superchargers. Some have said a SC expansion but from the pics I've seen (in a private FB group) I think it looks like a Chargefox ultra-rapid site (4 stalls).
Visited on the 9th of August. At the time, there was a mini-excavator and a fenced-off area to the left but no sign on what they were putting there. Hopefully, they fix the horrendous potholes while they're at it!

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and mike_j
Nice!
I wonder if they will be high speed CCS2? 250kW on the M3 would be awesome at that location.

I thought I'd posted this here, sorry - discussing in the Chargefox thread! ChargeFox Ultra Rapid Network (350kW/HPC)

Yes it will :)

upload_2019-9-6_14-40-31.png

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Ah, ok. Thought it was implied that they were new!

They're inside the fenced off construction area so I thought it was worth including them, but looking back on page 3 of this thread it appears they've been there all along. Slightly different spacing of the new chargers does support them being someone non-Tesla.

Forgot to mention, all six existing Supercharger bays have been upgraded to dual cable already. Bring on the Model 3's!

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Both Chargefox 350s are still offline. The Chargefox 50 is good though.

Stalls 2A and 2B at the Gundagai Supercharger are both stuffed. Apparently they have been for a while. To make things more interesting, the Tesla mobile app is rather confused saying only 5 stalls exist in that pod of 6.

Don't quite know what react is appropriate for that, but crikey. What was the turnover time like? 5 minutes or so between cars leaving?

Good thing there's a lot more Superchargers already planned for the Hume.

(Tarcutta was operational and free when I looked a few times today, that's a good alternative)

Turnover time was a bit random, sometimes 2 cars left within a couple of minutes and other times it was more than 5 minutes. Overall, it was enough time for my wife and kids to go to the toilet, order food, eat it and then come out to find me next in the queue to charge. I reckon 20+ minutes, at least.

A wee bit busy today. They really need to upgrade these stalls to V3s.
Not aware of anywhere globally where that's happened. In some places with V2s they've added V3s

But not sure if there is even enough power at Dog on the Tuckerbox to do that.

But that's why Tesla is planning 15 V3s in Gundagai Town, which have been awarded a partial grant by the NSW Govt.

A wee bit busy today. They really need to upgrade these stalls to V3s. It didn't help that one of the Chargefox chargers was out of action (it was a few days ago on the way down to VIC too). There were 7 in the queue that are visible and one parked on the side, so 8 waiting in total.

View attachment 889134
I went through there a week ago for a lunch time stop and it was just me and another Y charging, all of that outside seating in the photo was empty.

I'm currently in Melbourne and the number of faults right across the Chargefox network starting from Gundagai has been disappointing (my avatar pic was taken at the Gundagai Chargefox charger a year ago).

Drove Mel-Syd on the Hume today.

At times Gundagai and Wodonga were showing 25+ min waits on the car app, and never no wait.
A Tesla driver I met had doubled back to Barnwartha after meeting a 10+ car queue..
And when I drove past Gundagai there was a queue of 4 visible cars (probably more round the corner)

All the Chargefox chargers at Gundagai are now down which is no doubt making things worse.

I avoided Tesla completely
(Evie Avenel, Chargefox Barnwartha, Evie Tarcutta, NRMA Jugiong and BP Marulan) and barely had a wait, although were three cars waiting for me when I left Barnwartha and got lucky at Tarcutta as someone was just leaving.
Was checking the BP app before doing the loop back. Had planned charge at Jugiong to get me to Sutton Forest.

Last edited:
At times Gundagai and Wodonga were showing 25+ min waits on the car app, and never no wait.
A Tesla driver I met had doubled back to Barnwartha after meeting a 10+ car queue..
And when I drove past Gundagai there was a queue of 4 visible cars (probably more round the corner)

All the Chargefox chargers at Gundagai are now down which is no doubt making things worse.

Is this the first summer where this kind of stuff has been happening? I recall only very occasional reports of queuing in the past - but this time it seems quite widespread.

I guess that is what happens when infrastructure has not scaled with a doubling of BEVs in 12 months 🤔

If this is the situation when BEVs are 0.36% of the fleet in NSW, what will it be like when BEVs are 10% of the fleet?