Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gundagai NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Posting here instead of main thread..
But looks like Gundagai went down between 1-2pm today.

The Chargefox site which runs off the same transformer also down, and NRMA Jugiong has been offline for days.

Screenshot_20230407-153240.png

Last edited:
I see some folks are avoiding the absurd queue at Evie Tarcutta...

Screenshot_20230407_183424_PlugShare.jpg

...by taking the Olympic Highway from Wodonga Supercharger to NRMA Wagga Wagga. Of course, if that idea catches on, the queue at Wagga will be far worse.

Of course I trust we all say thank you to NRMA, who is investing heaps of money and their brand credibility, by maintaining full membership. They offer tow trucks to members out of juice. They got me out of a bind once. And they use small battery-pack jerry-can equivalents in Sydney and Canberra. Given how stuffed things are at Gundagai and Jugiong, they'll probably tow you to Yass. If it's queueing and you ask nicely, maybe Murrumbateman.

Last edited:
Given its all different stations offline for different companies can we assume its a local power issue rather then stall malfunction ?

Somewhat due to the initial setup.. Tesla went in first with I think a dedicated substation.
Chargefox had difficulty getting it's own power so struck an agreement to use any excess.

So it's not a surprise if the substation or a feeder to it has failed that both Tesla and Chargefox have gone down.

Essential Energy is the local distributor and they haven’t got any outages at the site posted in their webpage- current, past or planned. The chargers are still offline in the Tesla and ChargeFox apps. I can’t find anything about power to the nearby food places.

Screenshot_20230408-010024.png

There seems to be two pole transformers in the vicinity of Olivers and the Tesla and Chargefox chargers. It is possible/probable? that the pole transformer here is what failed and only services the EV chargers and why Olivers, it seems, was unaffected.
The energy map I have access to does not seem to show this transformer at all or the other presumably for Olivers itself. I don't know if that means they are private transformers who are the responsibilty of the owners of the site which houses the chargers or even Tesla themselves, as they often install and maintain their own infrastructure. So it may not necessarily be Essentials responsibility to rectify.

Also, did anyone see the blue smoke escape? These things run on blue smoke and when it escapes they no longer work. Thank you, Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Last edited:
I don't know if that means they are private transformers who are the responsibilty of the owners of the site which houses the chargers or even Tesla themselves, as they often install and maintain their own infrastructure. So it may not necessarily be Essentials responsibility to rectify.
The site isn't anywhere near big enough to be a HV customer so the transformer is Essential's (there would have to be HV metering infrastructure there as well, which you can see in that photo there isn't).

Evan Beaver mentioned once that they had to get that sub installed for the Tesla site when he worked at Tesla.. then when he was working at Chargefox they added the Chargefox site piggybacking on the spare capacity on the sub.

• Helpful
Reactions: RichardV