Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gundagai NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something occurring at Olivers Gundagai. Was there yesterday, a trench has been dug from the charger boxes out the back through the lawn to the front. Markings on the bitumen next to the existing fence showing what looks like three or four charging spots being planned.
Perhaps the Chargefox chargers are being moved to allow for more Superchargers along the back?

IMG_20230428_150136MP.jpg
IMG_20230428_150306MP.jpg
IMG_20230428_150452MP.jpg
IMG_20230428_150423MP.jpg

Interesting. With 4 spots marked you'd assume they are moving the Chargefox ones.

Wonder if this might mean that the in town Tesla site had issues, and they've shifted the NSW Govt funding to expand this site instead.
Take over the existing Chargefox spots and then possibly add more on the back wall of Oliver's.

Interesting update... lots of angles here...

1) Chargefox moving - confirmed by @cbo100 's observation
2) Site capacity being upgraded - likely
3) Tesla adding extra stalls where Chargefox used to be - maybe.
4) Tesla site in town fell through - possible but unlikely

I remember discussion about the Chargefox units having an arrangement with Tesla that they would get the "leftover" power available. Clearly at peak time this doesn't work out well for them. BUT if the trench is coming from the same location this surely wouldn't make a difference?

I couldn't tell you from memory how big (physically) a Megapack is.. but wasn't it close to truck sized? Could be space for a couple of Powerpacks though.

It may not mean the town Gundagai site fell through - it could also mean they see the opportunity to beef up stall count here and get a bit of a quick win ready for the next holiday period. Similar to the fact they didn't get Sutton Forest funded, but they're doing it anyway.

[Edit: Obviously this is all guessing/speculation on my part!]

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230517-170658.png

Screenshot_20230517-165451.png

Screenshot_20230517-165414.png

Screenshot_20230517-165348.png

Screenshot_20230517-165256.png

Some updates care of plugshare comments.
Seems this might just be a straight relocation to make thing more reliable due to water issues.
I have not seen any direct photos of the chargers out front or what the former charge fox site looks like out back. But this is a photo of the Tesla chargers from 2 days ago showing that there does not appear to have been any charges on the supply side. Still just the single HV link to the single 500KVA transformer.
img_1_1684306055466.jpg

Reactions: moa999
Hope someone adds some new photos soon.

I put a Report into Plugshare suggesting they dump the existing 70+ (crazy!) photos given the site has moved.

You'd think improving the drainage might be cheaper than moving the chargers.
I was there a couples of weeks ago and the entire service centre and access roads need a revamp. The tuckerbox access road is worse than some farm tracks I’ve seen!

I’m not surprised they want to move them to a more accessible and obvious site.

I put a Report into Plugshare suggesting they dump the existing 70+ (crazy!) photos given the site has moved.

Plugshare seemingly doesn’t give a rats about data integrity so I’d be astonished if your report results in action.

I have reported misplaced photos (photos of one charger, posted to a completely different charger) and nothing happened.

And there are clearly a large number of fake sites in their database - sites in the middle of the ocean, Antarctica and various uninhabited islands and places. They would be pretty easy to weed out… or prevented from being entered in the first place, if Plugshare cared.