Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Heatherbrae NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gloucester, why?
I also need to visit Armidale before Christmas.

My sister is 20km past Armidale so that is looking a bit tight on range from Heatherbrae or Wetlands given the big hills.

I will be interested in seeing how you go. I do like the Gloucester route and reckon it will be great fun in Model S, but not if I'm concerned about range.

If no supercharger at Heatherbrae then I was thinking it might be just as fast via Port Macquarie and not have 2h at Wetlands.

Keep us posted !

I also need to visit Armidale before Christmas.

My sister is 20km past Armidale so that is looking a bit tight on range from Heatherbrae or Wetlands given the big hills.

I will be interested in seeing how you go. I do like the Gloucester route and reckon it will be great fun in Model S, but not if I'm concerned about range.

If no supercharger at Heatherbrae then I was thinking it might be just as fast via Port Macquarie and not have 2h at Wetlands.

Keep us posted !

I will.

I'll also keep my eyes peeled for any updates re Heatherbrae SC between now and 18 Nov and I'll contact Gloucester Camping and Caravan park. I'm all sorted with Phase-3 cables now anyway.

Reactions: Chuq
We have concrete, no progress on the other side. I will pop in once a week to check progress as it is just as easy for me to go this way home. From the conduit setup up it looks as though there are a couple of long bays for vehicles that are towing. The most important question is though......will my car arrive in time for me to attend the opening event in it??!!
20161101_122838.jpg

Check with Walcha Show Grounds, but when I did that a few months back they said that they lock all the power up, since people had been coming in and stealing electricity, (not Teslas, or any EVs btw). So, they were banning all use except for events.

Last edited:
We have concrete, no progress on the other side. I will pop in once a week to check progress as it is just as easy for me to go this way home. From the conduit setup up it looks as though there are a couple of long bays for vehicles that are towing. The most important question is though......will my car arrive in time for me to attend the opening event in it??!!View attachment 200845

Thanks. All updates are much appreciated

I called a number of businesses in Wlacha that might have 3 phase power available, but nothing turned up. The caravan park has 3-pin (3112) plug outlets and that's a sloooow over-nighter. I have not made this particular trip but am planning Port Macquarie to Gunnedah sometime through Walcha / Tamworth. Tamworth Showgrounds will allow charging by prior arrangement (3-phase).

I called a number of businesses in Wlacha that might have 3 phase power available, but nothing turned up. The caravan park has 3-pin (3112) plug outlets and that's a sloooow over-nighter. I have not made this particular trip but am planning Port Macquarie to Gunnedah sometime through Walcha / Tamworth. Tamworth Showgrounds will allow charging by prior arrangement (3-phase).
Most caravan parks have 15A 3 pin plugs - they look like the 10A ones but with a bigger earth. Do you have a 15A charger?

Thanks for the update. Not looking likely for 18 Nov.
To be honest everything required can be put together in a few well planned days. It is the substation commissioning that will have the lag. Ausgrid normally only commission them once all the immediate infrastructure is complete and they check practical completion of that infrastructure two weeks before commissioning. My guess is it will be ready within a couple of weeks and commissioned two weeks after that, just in time for school holidays.

So my punt was correct, the outage for commissioning the new sub is scheduled for mid December. Tesla have to do their bit after but that shouldn't take too long. They have to replace some power poles and some other works so there is a bit to it before they can commission and energise the sub.

Thanks for the update. It's a shame it won't be ready for my Armidale trip. I've discovered there's a 3-phase outlet available in Gloucester and will add it to PlugShare when I get there.