Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well a supercharger in Wichita Falls would have made my driving a lot easier this winter. Now that it is warming back up the driving distance is increasing. On the cold days I had to drive 10 MPH below the speed limit down I44 from Norman, OK to Wichita Falls to have enough juice to get to the supercharger in Ardmore.

I drove bundled up with the heat off and 10 MPH below the speed limit (65 on I44, and 55 on 79/70) to make it 230 miles on 100% charge (had about 7% left on the battery when getting to Ardmore).

This week I was able to drive the speed limit since it was in the 50s & 60s during the morning drive and still make it to Ardmore with about 10% charge.

I hope it opens before next winter. Then I could drive in real luxury with the heat on and going the speed limit from OKC area to WF and then charge up for 10-15 minutes to then go to Ardmore.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Well a supercharger in Wichita Falls would have made my driving a lot easier this winter. Now that it is warming back up the driving distance is increasing. On the cold days I had to drive 10 MPH below the speed limit down I44 from Norman, OK to Wichita Falls to have enough juice to get to the supercharger in Ardmore.

I drove bundled up with the heat off and 10 MPH below the speed limit (65 on I44, and 55 on 79/70) to make it 230 miles on 100% charge (had about 7% left on the battery when getting to Ardmore).

This week I was able to drive the speed limit since it was in the 50s & 60s during the morning drive and still make it to Ardmore with about 10% charge.

I hope it opens before next winter. Then I could drive in real luxury with the heat on and going the speed limit from OKC area to WF and then charge up for 10-15 minutes to then go to Ardmore.
And what car do you have..? S75? M3MR ?

And what car do you have..? S75? M3MR ?

Long range AWD, 19" wheels. Of course it is rated "310" but 250 is much more accurate if you are driving on 75MPH roads.

Then when it gets cold (below 50) I have to start slowing down to get to the 250 miles. My business route is right at 230 miles from my house in Norman, to businesses in Wichita Falls, to an office in Ardmore OK. I did put a plug at one of my businesses in Wichita Falls, but it charges so slow, that it is faster to just drive 10 MPH slower. It is a 50 amp but limited by mobile charger to 32, adding 30 miles in an hour. Driving 10MPH slower gives me that 30 extra miles range costing me less than 30 minutes in time.

I would consider getting a wall adapter and doing the full 60amp feed (48 amp) if there was not a promised supercharger coming. $500 plus installation buys a lot of quick supercharging sessions. 5 minutes at the supercharger is an hour on the wall plug, costing $1-$2 bucks.

Last edited:
Long range AWD, 19" wheels. Of course it is rated "310" but 250 is much more accurate if you are driving on 75MPH roads.

Then when it gets cold (below 50) I have to start slowing down to get to the 250 miles. My business route is right at 230 miles from my house in Norman, to businesses in Wichita Falls, to an office in Ardmore OK. I did put a plug at one of my businesses in Wichita Falls, but it charges so slow, that it is faster to just drive 10 MPH slower. It is a 50 amp but limited by mobile charger to 32, adding 30 miles in an hour. Driving 10MPH slower gives me that 30 extra miles range costing me less than 30 minutes in time.

I would consider getting a wall adapter and doing the full 60amp feed (48 amp) if there was not a promised supercharger coming. $500 plus installation buys a lot of quick supercharging sessions. 5 minutes at the supercharger is an hour on the wall plug, costing $1-$2 bucks.
My son has a M3. He bought a used mobile charger on eBay from a MS/X that is rated at 40a instead of 32a. He used it at home on a 50a circuit and says he gets 40a. The higher rate is important to him since he gets a much lower cost during a limited number of hours at night. This might be a cheaper option until WF gets done.

My son has a M3. He bought a used mobile charger on eBay from a MS/X that is rated at 40a instead of 32a. He used it at home on a 50a circuit and says he gets 40a. The higher rate is important to him since he gets a much lower cost during a limited number of hours at night. This might be a cheaper option until WF gets done.

I considered that. In fact I may get one in the long run just because of RV parks and driving cross country may be an alternative camping in the Tesla in RV parks. But even with the 40 amp charge, it still is faster to just slow down some.

The first part of my route is 137 miles. It is almost completely a 75MPH interstate. About 15 miles of the route is slower. At 75 MPH for the main part (122 miles) is 98 minutes, assuming 50 MPH average for the 15 miles or 18 minutes, driving time is 116 minutes. This is fairly close to the time I experience. A 10 MPH slowdown on the 75 MPH stretch yields 112 minutes. The second leg 90 miles at 65 vs 55 is 83 vs 98 minutes. So, the highway stretches at 10 MPH below the speed limit is (116-98) 18 minutes plus (98-83) 15 minutes or 33 minutes longer driving time. Considering it would take about 1 hour 20 minutes to 2 hours to charge up enough, it is faster to just drive slower and not charge.

One really cold day when it was in the teens, I drove the 75MPH segment at 55 drafting behind a semi truck.

Of course all of this is with the heat off and I am wearing a jacket in the car.

If I keep the watt hours per mile below 300 I know I will make it. That is what I really watch.

Even on the coldest day 10-15 minutes at a supercharger in Wichita Falls would have allowed me to drive full speed with the heat on...

Yesterday it was in the upper 40s to 50s for the drive and I did it at the speed limit and had 9% battery at the end at 232 miles (heat off, but warm enough with the sun in the car not to wear a jacket).

All the above starting at 100% battery charge...

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke and arcus
For my own oft traveled route, Superchargers in Wichita Falls, TX and somewhere between Amarillo, TX & Raton Pass, NM / Trinidad, CO are sorely needed.
x2.

Clayton NM, about ½ way between Amarillo and Trinidad on 87 is listed as getting a SC.

Supercharger - Clayton, NM (TMC)

Clayton
New Mexico 88415
Google Maps

Clayton + Wichita Falls SCs would blow open the Colorado / Texas route via 87/287.

x2.

Clayton NM, about ½ way between Amarillo and Trinidad on 87 is listed as getting a SC.

Supercharger - Clayton, NM (TMC)

Clayton
New Mexico 88415
Google Maps

Clayton + Wichita Falls SCs would blow open the Colorado / Texas route via 87/287.
I was telling my wife that Clayton got a Supercharger in 2017, and in 2018, and it's coming soon in 2019! ;) Maybe it'll actually happen some day.

I’ve heard through the grapevine that Tesla is opening a Service Center in Wichita Falls this week. It’s not on their map yet. Has anyone else heard anything? It would be really nice if they planted a couple of Superchargers there.

There has been nothing in the paper about it, and I have not seen any signs around town.

I checked property records and they only have a couple of vehicle leases in the county, no property, or equipment under "Tesla". They could have another company name without the word "Tesla" in it.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I heard through another source that Wichita Falls is getting a service center also. The claim was that they were interviewing to hire staff last week.

This is completely independent of TMC Bubba, the source was from the service center in Plano,

If this is a rumor, it sure is a crazy one.

• Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke
It would make more sense if it was Wichita, KS getting the service center... Lots of people get Wichita Falls, TX and Wichita, KS confused. Wichita, KS has almost 4x the population of WFTX...

Agree, but I'd expect the Kansas City center to be setting up Wichita KS, not Plano.

And the context of the conversation with the Plano SC was that we were from Amarillo, and would be passing through Wichita Falls, and potentially customers for the new Wichita Falls shop.

Found a couple work requests for that Henrietta location that had been rumored to be getting Superchargers. One for backhoe digging and the other for electrical service. They both say they’re for Tesla. Here’s the link:
One Call Concepts Ticket List

This looks very interesting.

Is anyone nearby ?

I will be driving to Dallas in 10 - 11 days, and if nobody has looked at it, I'll try to visit.

Looks like a new Steak & Shake at that location.