Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Henrietta, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Henrietta, TX

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-82, US-287
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-82:
To: Texarkana, TX - 252.3 miles
Diversion: 2.1 miles

US-287:
To: Corsicana, TX - 173.5 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles

Huge splitter between the Dallas-Fort Worth area and Childress, TX that will make a lot of Texlans happy.
There are Texans, Texians, and Texicans, but I don't believe there are any Texlans.

The only vague time he gave was that the supercharger equipment would not arrive until late July. But, that is really only 2 months away. My main hope it is fully operational in time for the cold weather to return.

Thanks so much for all your input. I am driving from Fort Worth to Silverton, CO at the end of Sept. so hopefully the new station will be fully functional by then.

V3 is 4 stalls per cabinet right? So this will be 24 stalls and not 12?

No one outside Tesla have ever seen V3 cabinets. In the existing test sites the cabinets are hidden from view. All the information we have regarding V3 cabinets is from unconfirmed leaks. I find it hard to believe that this site will host 24 V3 superchargers. A more plausible explanation is that this site will be V2 after all.

Reactions: SammichLover
No one outside Tesla have ever seen V3 cabinets. In the existing test sites the cabinets are hidden from view. All the information we have regarding V3 cabinets is from unconfirmed leaks. I find it hard to believe that this site will host 24 V3 superchargers. A more plausible explanation is that this site will be V2 after all.

Perhaps V2 now, but 'V3 ready' if they want to upgrade in 4 -5 years.

They get what they can get. Both Childress and Wichita Falls were on the planned opening 2014 or 2015 map, I forgot which, in order to facilitate DFW-Amarillo (and beyond) traffic on US 287. Childress happened, then Wichita Falls didn’t for whatever reason. Just like San Marcos opened first in 2013 when there wasn’t much use for it by itself, when the plan was for Columbus (Austin-Houston) and Waco (Austin-Dallas) first. That site moved quicker so it was built first.

Certainly very grateful it is finally happening. The 229 mile stretch to Childress, although doable, was stressful!

Wow, look at the before picture of this service center on google maps, vs the after. I realize not the same angle but you get the idea!View attachment 409987 View attachment 409988

This was yesterday, May 21, 2019, I stopped to check it out on my way to Amarillo. I really like the location. Easy on/off Hwy 287. Wonder how it will be in the middle of the night, in the early morning hours.

1E7796A9-812F-4479-8784-990BBF9F9BB8.jpeg
FE1B8BEA-0319-41DE-B66C-BEAB7BEAF176.jpeg
500A4C9B-AD60-40D7-98C6-3EF3797774C0.jpeg
D756EDC7-2C57-445B-B9A7-D148F363F86F.jpeg

3A830F4E-B27D-4BBA-8B2F-8123C1A5244F.jpeg

4EE96BDC-4683-44A4-9181-E3F664B6EFCE.jpeg

Ok, y'all are some teases. :) As long as the site remains accessible, will the next person to stop by and take photos PLEASE get a zoomed in picture of one of the labels in the upper corner of the supercharger cabinet covers so that the text is readable. That will tell us definitively what type of hardware this is (I'm still very dubious about the V3 claims). I've highlighted the labels I'm particularly interested in (see attached pic). Thanks in advance!

Supercharger- Henrietta, TX_label highlight.jpeg

Thanks for the curveball, Tesla.

Well, alrighty then. That's a new one on me. It'll be interesting to see what V2.5 means in terms of practical charging power (kW) and if it's at all different from V2. Or whether the differences are more geared towards improved operations/maintenance type stuff (i.e. things that only Tesla would really see). But, while I'm still in the "not V3" camp and feel my prior doubt is mostly vindicated, that's definitely different hardware from the previously seen stuff--the V2 cabinets have a different part number and their description says "SUPERCHARGER II". Which is exciting.

Thanks, Bubba!

Ok, y'all are some teases. :) As long as the site remains accessible, will the next person to stop by and take photos PLEASE get a zoomed in picture of one of the labels in the upper corner of the supercharger cabinet covers so that the text is readable. That will tell us definitively what type of hardware this is (I'm still very dubious about the V3 claims). I've highlighted the labels I'm particularly interested in (see attached pic). Thanks in advance!

View attachment 410772

I’ll make a trip that way in a week or two and get more pictures, unless someone beats me to it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the curveball, Tesla.

Well, alrighty then. That's a new one on me. It'll be interesting to see what V2.5 means in terms of practical charging power (kW) and if it's at all different from V2. Or whether the differences are more geared towards improved operations/maintenance type stuff (i.e. things that only Tesla would really see). But, while I'm still in the "not V3" camp and feel my prior doubt is mostly vindicated, that's definitely different hardware from the previously seen stuff--the V2 cabinets have a different part number and their description says "SUPERCHARGER II". Which is exciting.

Thanks, Bubba!

Perhaps V2.5 are still 150kW, but don't need the autotransformers thus simplifying installation. In any case, the the output probably won't be 250kW, so this number should be removed from supercharge.info. I don't think we'll know the max output of this site for sure until it is live.