Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA (LIVE Jul 2018, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A possible (partial) solution might be additional signage allowing Dan's employees to park in half of the stalls ( any of the "A" stalls).
Then, in addition, have cones for all stalls. The "B" stall cones would have "Tesla Only" on them.

That doesn’t work. Because even if Dan’s employees know they can only park in 8 spots in whatever design works best, other ICE drivers have no idea and just see an open spot. Even if they knew it was a charger for an EV, the “herd” provides protection that parking there is okay.

It’s really a no-win situation at this point. I charged there on the way to Gamble Sands to golf this last summer and went inside Dan’s to buy some supplies, but now I wish they put the chargers in the corner of the Safeway lot down the street. It’s a much worse location, but it would have been reliably available.

via Reddit: Seems to be a problem. : teslamotors

2uo6k6dvylc21.jpg
Check out the nimrod taking up two spaces. That's an added F'you.

Check out the nimrod taking up two spaces. That's an added F'you.

Reach out to the property owner if you arrive and can't charge they own Dan's Market.

What about this guy...

Wait no Teslas using it, lack of use is why it's being "double ICED" here.
I wish that sexy ass truck had a P100D or P200D drivetrain tho... hmmm, the possibilities are end less, Drooling...

fullsizeoutput_17ab.jpeg

Reactions: KBaoBao
Maybe it was COVID related but the last few times I stopped at this charger (Labor Day Weekend) I was scared that there would be ICE cars parked in the stalls. Nope! Saw a single van that was loading some stuff into a Tesla next to it parked in a spot and it quickly moved. Great location for a charger.

P.S. Colchuck Lake hike is amazing. 10/10 would recommend (and also get to the trailhead around 6AM to beat the traffic).

These photos are from just down the street at the Leavenworth Safeway today. I believe this to be the new Electrify America chargers going in. Can anyone discern how many stalls to expect, based on the conduit stubs or configuration? Interestingly, Rivian pretty clearly shows a dot on their proprietary charger map in Leavenworth too. There appear to be four additional stubs beyond the southern cluster (behind the mini-ex; third photo) possibly indicating Rivian or L2? Or is this for the transformer and cabinets? Anyone have a sense of what’s going in here? Excellent, high traffic location where EV-curious folks will see chargers easily available and hopefully more likely to consider one for their next car.
E9B16610-084A-45B9-B2C2-0E9F3C7BEE56.jpeg

990E53F2-AC9D-4F88-A6EE-34327A4D01B3.jpeg

71853ECF-902E-4BA0-9E0F-418DE357B6A9.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
I'm excited for these other dc chargers to get installed everywhere. tesla us should sell an expensive converter for ccs. I'm also looking forward to my next Rivian coming soon ;-) I've had a tesla since 2012 but I'm hoping the rivian will have that magic mix of range, cool features, and charger access to be practical.

A friend just stopped to charge in Leavenworth. One spot iced by a pickup that started and roared away with squealing tires when she backed in next to him. Then two vans from Leavenworth Electric and Excavation took two spots and folks inside started eating lunch. Then this guy pulled in. When confronted he said, "It used to be free parking until Tesla showed up." Anyone know if this this a continuing thing in Leavenworth?
leavenworth_icing_11-11-22.jpg

Reactions: Araman0
A friend just stopped to charge in Leavenworth. One spot iced by a pickup that started and roared away with squealing tires when she backed in next to him. Then two vans from Leavenworth Electric and Excavation took two spots and folks inside started eating lunch. Then this guy pulled in. When confronted he said, "It used to be free parking until Tesla showed up." Anyone know if this this a continuing thing in Leavenworth? View attachment 873635
I’ve never seen this happen there. I don’t go through there a lot but I do a couple of times a year.