Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln City, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Inspired by the today's find of the Seaside, OR supercharger, I did a search of Oregon's handy building permits database to see if there were others in progress on the Oregon coast and I found this for permit application 519-16--001698-ELEC submitted June 23rd and under review:

Project Description:

TESLA MOTORS: COM ELECTRICAL
601 AMPS TO 1000 AMPS AND 4 BRANCH CIRCUITS

That sounds like a supercharger. The location is the Lincoln City Outlet Mall, 1500 SE East Devils Lake Rd, Lincoln City, OR 97367.

Last edited:
Cl
Inspired by the today's find of the Seaside, OR supercharger, I did a search of Oregon's handy building permits database to see if there were others in progress on the Oregon coast and I found this for permit application 519-16--001698-ELEC submitted June 23rd and under review:

That sounds like a supercharger. The location is the Lincoln City Outlet Mall, 1500 SE East Devils Lake Rd, Lincoln City, OR 97367.
Clatsop county is not a member of the state data base. If you find nothing on the state site check out the county planning division

Now if they'll just build them in time to be used this season. Was on the Oregon Coast late August/early Sept last year; while that was fine, I'm not sure I'd want to be there in October/November. Kudos to Tesla for lighting up this part of the coast. Oh, that Northern California from the state line south through Marin was as expeditious.

@TaoJones
Summer on the oregon coast is nice, but being there for the fall storms is awesome (from inside a hotel room with picture windows and fireplace ;) )

I wonder if they will be putting these in the garage or the parking directly behind the east building. During tourist season, their parking can be a congested mess.

@TaoJones
Summer on the oregon coast is nice, but being there for the fall storms is awesome (from inside a hotel room with picture windows and fireplace ;) )

I wonder if they will be putting these in the garage or the parking directly behind the east building. During tourist season, their parking can be a congested mess.

Duly noted re the picture windows :).

I do hope they manage the siting optimally. There have been some questionable SC placements in particular in the Southwest Region that have created unnecessary problems. If they never put another SC in a mall parking lot, it wouldn't be too soon.

Stopped by on my way to PDX today. I had hoped that the location was going to be at an edge of the ground floor of their two-level parking garage, which is never full and would have provided shade and weather shelter, in addition to lower chances of being ICEd. But I was told that it will be outside, just west of their RV parking, which makes sense when I look at the available power supply and ease/expense/disruption of installing another transformer. And (crucially) their parking garage is closed at night, for security reasons. My guess is that opening the garage for 24 hour access would add considerable operating expense for the property owner (now independent rather than Tanger).

The site indicated to me is accessible 24/7 and is much more conveniently located for in/out, restrooms and mall access, which unfortunately results in heavy parking pressure during business hours. But it is also close to their security office, which regularly patrols that area, and they reportedly plan to use cones to mark the stalls. (Cones seem to be working reasonably well at the Springfield OR site.) No word as to whether the stalls will be pull-in or back-in. I have seen other mall parking installations where the stalls were pull-in and that seemed to cut down on ICEing considerably.

The local utility is Pacific Power, same as in Bend. As I watched the Bend forum posts last month, it appeared that the transformer arrived 1-2 weeks after the rest of the site was installed and landscaped. How much of that delay might have been from less-than-optimal coordination between the contractor and the utility, vs. how much was just the typical time lag between a utility ordering and receiving a transformer, I have no idea. Around the country, the arrival of the transformer seems to be a common rate-limiting step!

I lack emupilot's skills at querying the permit database, so I don't know if the permit has been approved yet.

@otter the electrical permit thru the county it is now listed as ready to issue, so waiting for the contractor to come in and pay and pick up the permit.

I lack emupilot's skills at querying the permit database, so I don't know if the permit has been approved yet.

You can go here, then enter Tesla under project name and click on Search. You should see what melindav reported. You can keep checking for when the status changes from "Ready to Issue" and that should be when the contractor will be getting started with construction.

You can go here, then enter Tesla under project name and click on Search. You should see what melindav reported. You can keep checking for when the status changes from "Ready to Issue" and that should be when the contractor will be getting started with construction.
Thanks!! I was entering TMI in the search fields and coming up empty. Wider net works much better. Just have to resist the naughty urge to record residence addresses getting wired with 80 amp HPWCs.....;)

Pardon for off-topic, but we came out last year from VA and drove from Seattle to San Diego. We only had the pleasure of doing coastal roads around central Cali and we had a blast. I didn't expect for there to be a reason to consider another trip so soon.
But, if you folks are going to put superchargers in all up and down the coast, well then we might just have to start planning THAT road trip in earnest! :)

Pardon for off-topic, but we came out last year from VA and drove from Seattle to San Diego. We only had the pleasure of doing coastal roads around central Cali and we had a blast. I didn't expect for there to be a reason to consider another trip so soon.
But, if you folks are going to put superchargers in all up and down the coast, well then we might just have to start planning THAT road trip in earnest! :)
Definitely plan the trip because the Oregon coast is beautiful!