Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hawthorne, CA - Tesla Design Center (CLOSED TO PUBLIC 19 Jul 2021, 8 V2 + 2 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does one get to talk to a “Tesla rep??” Has anyone been by this Hawthorne SC since it’s been reduced service to see what’s actually going on?
I signed into my account online, clicked through support and contact us, and eventually got a button to "chat", after waiting 10 minutes I got a rep on chat. It's the best way to contact Tesla in my opinion, I used it for service, sales, support questions.

When I was there on Thursday I charged at 120 kW on 3B, there were a bunch of other Tesla's charging. Check out to see if NAV shows it is back to normal.

Hawthorne - 6 cars waiting, 2 stalls broken, quite reduced charging... seems like 50% of normal (car paired to me at 50kw and me at 20kw :(
This site needs to notated as reduced service... no mention on nav: actually says 2 open stalls and 250 kw service.. Come on Tesla

• Informative
Reactions: avesraggiana
I charged today at the full 250 kW!!! Started at 11% SOC. It added 110 miles in 10 min.
250 kW at Hawthorne

Note: to get full power you should exit the vehicle. If you run the AC the charge rate will be lower as the compressor cannot cool the battery sufficiently since it’s cooling you.

There are two V3 250 kW chargers, one is disabled (cone out front). There are 6 V2 charges, one was disabled today.

This location sucks. Ten stalls indicated, but only eight really exist. Two of them were down today, including one of the new fangled 250W ones.

Can’t anyone at Tesla fix the Supercharger map on the MCU to at least show the correct number of total stalls? Not the least of this location’s problems, charge rates are also very slow.

Of all of Tesla’s problems, this one should be easy to fix. So lame.

And on the Tesla website it shows there are 12 stalls, no mention of the V3 stalls.

6B3CC30A-249E-470F-8511-89B6263026B4.jpeg

Lol, I didn't think it needed any more explanation. The two cars in the V2 spots seemed to be charging just fine. Didn't walk up to them to ask or look at their screens, but figured they wouldn't stay parked and plugged in if it wasn't fine.

V3 was working just fine as well as far as I can tell. I only went up to 85kW, but it's because I arrived with 60% SOC. Yes, I know I could've used V2, but there was no line, only 20% occupancy, and I just wanted to try it, so sue me :) I was there for 29 minutes and added 25.75 kWh.

Any questions?

Lol, I didn't think it needed any more explanation. The two cars in the V2 spots seemed to be charging just fine. Didn't walk up to them to ask or look at their screens, but figured they wouldn't stay parked and plugged in if it wasn't fine.

V3 was working just fine as well as far as I can tell. I only went up to 85kW, but it's because I arrived with 60% SOC. Yes, I know I could've used V2, but there was no line, only 20% occupancy, and I just wanted to try it, so sue me :) I was there for 29 minutes and added 25.75 kWh.

Any questions?
Nope thanks, cool you charged at V3, next time run it down to 10% and watch it scream! Have fun

Reactions: remlemasi
This location sucks. Ten stalls indicated, but only eight really exist. Two of them were down today, including one of the new fangled 250W ones.

Can’t anyone at Tesla fix the Supercharger map on the MCU to at least show the correct number of total stalls? Not the least of this location’s problems, charge rates are also very slow.

Of all of Tesla’s problems, this one should be easy to fix. So lame.

They aren't down necessarily. They seem to cone them off for use by VIPs or something.

• Informative
Had an interesting thing happen to me here recently. At about 80% the car stopped charging. I had set it to go to 100% so that was weird. I got out and there was a red Tesla logo. I unplugged and plugged back in and then it charged the whole way.

I did the Tesla chat and the adviser told me that some high traffic SCs have a new rule that it will stop charging at 80% and then if you want higher you have to unplug and plug back in.

Anyone experienced anything like this before???

Had an interesting thing happen to me here recently. At about 80% the car stopped charging. I had set it to go to 100% so that was weird. I got out and there was a red Tesla logo. I unplugged and plugged back in and then it charged the whole way.

I did the Tesla chat and the adviser told me that some high traffic SCs have a new rule that it will stop charging at 80% and then if you want higher you have to unplug and plug back in.

Anyone experienced anything like this before???
Yes this has been discussed many times elsewhere on TMC. It has been the case for several months now. When you start charging you will see a notification on the display that charging is limited to 80% at high traffic Superchargers but at any time you can change the charge limit slider bar setting in the car to be higher if you want.

6CA71F7F-E856-4B57-9F1B-836F30F6F362.jpeg

I appreciate that you were not aware of this, so just letting you know.

NOTE: No need to make more posts about that issue since it would be off topic for this thread. Search TMC for “80%” and you will find many threads about it.

Thank you.

Last edited: