Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharger worked great

IMAG0572_zpsv3qtbord.jpg

Screenshot_20160605-131314_zps97gyxsfu.png

Used it going to Orlando on the 3rd and returning on the 12th with no problems.

My brother-in-law really would have liked one in Paducah. He didn't like the under-the-speed limit drive over the long segment to Nashville. We made my sister do it. LOL No problem making it though in a 2013 P85 in warm weather.

• Informative
Reactions: jvonbokel
Used it going to Orlando on the 3rd and returning on the 12th with no problems.

My brother-in-law really would have liked one in Paducah. He didn't like the under-the-speed limit drive over the long segment to Nashville. raWe made my sister do it. LOL No problem making it though in a 2013 P85 in warm weather.

Do you remember how many miles you used and how fast you drove?

I'd like to be able to do that stretch in my 70D. Evtripplanner suggests that it'd be possible, but hairy.

We had my sister drive, she's a grandma and no problem staying under 60 on the way back from Brentwood to Miner with 30+ miles range to spare, 212 miles if I recall.

I say the way back, because that seemed more energy intensive, maybe wind or elevation, idk, and on the way down we stopped to add a few miles at the Old Glory Distillery under construction just off the highway at Clarksville, about 50 miles NW of Nashville. I had called ahead and they were very friendly; they have a HPWC in an unenclosed parking lot that gave us 24+ mph. When we got to Nashville (Brentwood) the car said we really hadn't needed to stop so that's why we cautiously went for the whole distance on the way back.

I will be doing that trip a week from Saturday in a S85D. It is 235 miles from my house. It shouldn't be a problem this time of year. My nav in the car said I would have about 14% left I believe. EV planner said it would take 231 rated miles and that is at the speed limit which is probably 65mph most of the way. I've gone further than that with decent weather. It won't be a problem. I will post what miles I have left if you want me too. I will be going the morning of 9/16.

Thanks!! I'll be going the 1st week of Oct. I also have a 85kw. Let me know how it goes?

I arrived in Miner from Springfield with 31 miles of range left. I drove 70 mph most of the way. The speed limit is 65 most of the way. It is a little lower through some of the towns. The temperature was 70-75 and cloudy. It was a total of 235 miles from my house and when I left it actually said I would hav 8% left when I got there. I believe it was actually 9 or 10% when I arrived. I live on the east side of Springfield so depending on where you leave from it could be a little further.

• Helpful
This supercharger hadn't been mentioned in a while, so I thought I would give it some kudos. Its in the parking lot of a Ruby Tuesday, where we picked up a meal in one direction and grabbed some late night coffee coming home.

Charge rate was good, and I noticed that this location has at least one pull-through charger where someone in an X pulling a trailer, or just in a mood to go in nose-first, would find it easier to charge.

This supercharger hadn't been mentioned in a while, so I thought I would give it some kudos. Its in the parking lot of a Ruby Tuesday, where we picked up a meal in one direction and grabbed some late night coffee coming home.

Charge rate was good, and I noticed that this location has at least one pull-through charger where someone in an X pulling a trailer, or just in a mood to go in nose-first, would find it easier to charge.
It's also less than a mile walk to Lambert's Cafe, home of the "Throwed Rolls". If the weather is nice it's worth the trip if your party is willing to make the hike, or someone volunteers to drop-off and pick up the rest. We have made a few trips to Sikeston just to go to Lambert's and stop by The Original Fried Pie Shop next door.

Just there last week, and Ruby Tuesday closed due to Covid-19, and nearby hotel doors locked to all but guests.

My in-laws live in Mt View Ark and this is really the only way in/out of Ark for our visits from southern IL. Bummed to learn there aren't any facilities on-site. Are there ANY nearby that you can still use AFTER you finish charging? That's my fear now that we picked up our Y and planning our first road trip to MD. I have planned some SC stops around meals and the need for extra range charging if we need to charge, then go someplace else for meals/bio breaks than suddenly the so-called QUICK SC stops become not so quick.

My in-laws live in Mt View Ark and this is really the only way in/out of Ark for our visits from southern IL. Bummed to learn there aren't any facilities on-site. Are there ANY nearby that you can still use AFTER you finish charging? That's my fear now that we picked up our Y and planning our first road trip to MD. I have planned some SC stops around meals and the need for extra range charging if we need to charge, then go someplace else for meals/bio breaks than suddenly the so-called QUICK SC stops become not so quick.
Are you taking 64 out into WV then into MD? I did that drive a couple months ago.

The Mt. Vernon SC is a 5 minute walk from a few gas stations and restaurants. The hotel that the SC is at was closed due to COVID back in July, it may be open now.

Louisville's SC is sort of in the middle of nowhere, but IIRC the new one that just opened up is at a Meijer (a grocery store) so you have food and bathrooms. Lexington's is also at a Meijer.

Once you're in WV, all of the SCs are at Sheetz - which is basically like a QuikTrip. Facilities and decent food. Some in western MD are at Sheetz too, not sure about the ones further east - I charged at Cumberland, MD (at a Sheetz) and had enough to get to my hotel in DC.

In a couple instances, I grabbed food from a drive through near the SC and ate while charging. Wasn't too bad though.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I can give an out of date answer, as I haven't checked but doubt it is wrong. Across a moderately busy 6 lane road is a MacD's, a Burger King, and 2 motels. So there should be at least 2 bathrooms available. You will have to watch for vehicles coming off I-55.

When I last drove thru, I dropped my wife and kids off at Burger King, went to the charger, then carefully crossed the street and joined them for breakfast.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I can give an out of date answer, as I haven't checked but doubt it is wrong. Across a moderately busy 6 lane road is a MacD's, a Burger King, and 2 motels. So there should be at least 2 bathrooms available. You will have to watch for vehicles coming off I-55.

When I last drove thru, I dropped my wife and kids off at Burger King, went to the charger, then carefully crossed the street and joined them for breakfast.

Wife and I are 68, we will charge and then drive to one of those places, it may extend my SC stop by 15 minutes but better safe than sorry. We are retired and not in that big of a rush.

When we travel I make a "Trip Book" with additional info like this that is not available on other sources and we are prepared accordingly. Thanks for that info.