Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Louis Park, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the last month and a half, ~25 V3 locations along the TransCanada Highway all got their cabinets and pedestals. That's 50+ cabinets and ~160 pedestals. Now that they are basically all done, we should start to see the hardware flow to locations in the US that are waiting on it.

The first one that I've seen was Nashville, which got its V3 cabinets this past Monday: New Nashville Area Supercharger - I24/Thompson Ln

Thank you for the info. What/where exactly is the TransCanada highway?

Over the last month and a half, ~25 V3 locations along the TransCanada Highway all got their cabinets and pedestals. That's 50+ cabinets and ~160 pedestals. Now that they are basically all done, we should start to see the hardware flow to locations in the US that are waiting on it.

The first one that I've seen was Nashville, which got its V3 cabinets this past Monday: New Nashville Area Supercharger - I24/Thompson Ln

Sadly, none of the SuperChargers under construction along the Trans Canadian Highway are operational yet. A Tesla-owned Model X was seen testing one of the chargers in North Bay for a few days this past weekend, but now the MX is gone and the charger is dark. We're so close on the TCH, and then another week goes by, and another, and another...

To be fair, I think for most the those chargers, the next step is the local power company doing its part; so the ball is not in Tesla's court.

Go to the supercharge.info map, and see if you can figure out by the construction cones where the Trans-Canada highway is. Hint - "trans" means what it should, not what you might think it does. Bonus points if you can locate Calgary and Ottawa on the map.

Thank you for the info. What/where exactly is the TransCanada highway?
Trans-Canada Highway - Wikipedia

The portion of the Canadian highway system that runs across the whole southern part of the country. Here's a shot of the map from Supercharge.info showing the sites that Tesla is currently working on (toggled to not show operational superchargers). West of Calgary to Vancouver and east of Ottawa to Halifax already has operational superchargers.

TransCanada.JPG

Word on the street, the street being the MN Tesla Club, is that this along with the other MN and ND sites won't have any progress until spring. They have sources who wish to remain anonymous, presumably someone within Tesla. Seems to fit considering there seems to be no progress at any of the sites in the last 4+ weeks. Such a bummer.

Anyone want to start a pool on when they will change all the Tesla.com/findus future supercharger pins to "Target opening in 2020"? I'm guessing April, or maybe November.

Anyone want to start a pool on when they will change all the Tesla.com/findus future supercharger pins to "Target opening in 2020"? I'm guessing April, or maybe November.

If they change them at all... They are notoriously slow at updating that map, which is silly because it only hurts them by giving potential customers incorrect information (with regard to sites that go live, but aren't added to the map).

Word on the street, the street being the MN Tesla Club, is that this along with the other MN and ND sites won't have any progress until spring. They have sources who wish to remain anonymous, presumably someone within Tesla. Seems to fit considering there seems to be no progress at any of the sites in the last 4+ weeks. Such a bummer.

Jamestown ND construction was just spotted yesterday, looks like all the digging was finished with conduit run. I wouldn’t be surprised if that is the last of the digging though until spring but hopefully they get cabinets installed this winter at all the locations where all the digging/conduit has been put in place.

I have a wild theory that Tesla has all hands on deck working on solar in the energy side of the business this quarter, so we won't see significant progress on SuC hardware installation again until Q1. I also theorize that Tesla is prioritizing new SuC'ers in dense Tesla customer regions like the U.S. coasts to help with holiday travel around Christmas. I imagine the Canadian stations that are already completed for hardware install will come online this month, though. That seems to just depend on the utilities.

I have a wild theory that Tesla has all hands on deck working on solar in the energy side of the business this quarter, so we won't see significant progress on SuC hardware installation again until Q1. I also theorize that Tesla is prioritizing new SuC'ers in dense Tesla customer regions like the U.S. coasts to help with holiday travel around Christmas. I imagine the Canadian stations that are already completed for hardware install will come online this month, though. That seems to just depend on the utilities.

I hope they put available equipment/resources into other areas first.
The Saint Louis Park SuperCharger is just a few miles from Robinsdale SC and there is coverage within 100 miles on all major arteries.

Alexandria, for example, would really change the situation for the Fargo area.

I hope they put available equipment/resources into other areas first.
The Saint Louis Park SuperCharger is just a few miles from Robinsdale SC and there is coverage within 100 miles on all major arteries.

Alexandria, for example, would really change the situation for the Fargo area.

I think they're shifting back to work on the weekend congestion issues in the Twin Cities. Robinsdale and Oakdale are backing up on the evenings and weekends.

I am new to this forum. Anyone having idea when is this expected to open?

No, no idea. Tesla doesn't say anything about when SCs will open; they just appear as such on the Find Us page on their website and on the Navigation system in the cars. Considering the pedestals aren't yet installed, I'd say it's going to be at least a month or two. But even that's just speculation on my part.

Further south could really use something. Coming from Northern Iowa and going to the airport frequently, there's not a good place to charge. The other thing Minneapolis needs is some remote parking places with EV charging! I can't find anything.

Reactions: jayhanke