Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tumwater, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the state is nearly on lockdown so that's why there isn't much activity. But yeah, based on the two posts above, I would mark it as open on supercharge.info.

Possibly with a note that it hasn’t been confirmed to be officially commissioned and could be turned off by Tesla without notice....

I think I’ve seen people before post that they’ve been energized and then after a couple days deactivated pending final inspections or commissioning by Tesla, etc. I would hate for someone to rely on this stop if this might be the case...

• Helpful
Reactions: Kuhz and JamesBond
As of 2100 Local on Saturday night 21 March the site was open. It is not yet appearing on the vehicle navigation system. All the pedestal TESLA lights are on. None of the spots were ICED. I pulled in briefly with a 81% state of charge at 46 F. and only got 80 mi/hr charge rate.Obviously, there is no way to tell long it's going to be before Tesla loads the site into the navigation system. Glad to see another supercharger up and operating.
Tumwater18.jpg

Attachments

• Tumwater17.jpg
    Tumwater17.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 97
I charged at Tumwater twice today (going and coming, Portland to Seattle). I can confirm that it's on, and also that it's not in the nav.

Today being Saturday , 3/21.

This is my new favorite supercharger. It is right next to the gas pumps, and that means that you've got buckets of windshield cleaner, squeegees, and paper towels close by for cleaning the windshield.

And also close to the front door of the Pilot, which includes a Cinnabon, Subway, and McDonalds. My preferred default food when I'm traveling is Subway - probably because I get more fresh veggies that way.

I pulled in with 60 and then 40 miles of range left and saw charge rates just over 130kw. That's as high as I've ever gotten with my 90 kwh Model X.

Turns out that Tumwater is well positioned to do a single charge stop going to Seattle from Portland, and Seattle to Portland. It also splits up the driving into nice sized segments (at least I think so).

Going North I stopped off and charged to 220 miles of range. That was enough to get me to Seattle for my errand and back to Tumwater. And with enough excess that I wasn't particularly watching the charge (arrived back with 40 miles of range). I would probably head out at 210 next time

This SC is the closest I've experienced to the standard gas station / convenience store stop. I hope we see a bunch more like this.

Oh - and if you REALLY need it (say for a long distance trip), like other Pilots, they have showers available. I have no idea how that works, but you can figure it out.

One interesting observation to me - the charge pedestals didn't have the 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b markings. They don't have any markings. I figure that most likely is that somebody hasn't been by with the stickers yet to add those. I figure it's also possible, and we'll need a Model 3 to test this, that this is a V3 supercharger (unless those come with something else that visibly separates them).

You can see that in the pic above.

One last comment - I arranged my trip north so that I had enough charge to go through to Auburn if I really needed to (like say, the SC wasn't on when I arrived).

I also arrived on my trip south so I could go either direction (Centralia or Auburn) if I really needed to. Actually, I kind of forgot this and just assumed it'd still be on :) But I did have enough range I could've carried on to Centralia if necessary.

I'll continue playing it safe this way with my charge levels until it's officially on and in the nav. Skipping Auburn going and coming is a nice time savings!