Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the watch for Q4 is a big list -
Melbourne (Frankston/Baxter)
Sydney (Central)
Sydney (East)
Woolongong
Bairnsdale/ Lakes Ent
Warrnambol
Melbourne (Central)
Melbourne (East)
Bundaberg

Plus obviously Sydney (Kirrawee) should be in Q4

I would expect they'd "move" one of the Q4 Sydney locations to Kirrawee and add a "new" 2022 pin for Central/East assuming they are still planning those locations. I think they did this with the Perth ones? (without going back and checking the last few pages of this thread to confirm, Perth was Q3, then in a later update Perth North was Q3 and Perth was 2022.)

Can't really blame them, it's a pretty big target to complete 9 Aus locations in a quarter!

Yep that effectively happened with Perth and the Brisbane (Indooropilly to Toombul) charger.

Agree 9 is a lot although historically the 4th Qtr has had a lot of openings. I wouldn't be surprised to see some substantial alterations when the map updates.

Reactions: Chuq
Interesting report on the Frankston/Baxter about possible supercharger construction (not confirned yet) at the HomeCo site at at Mornington.

Had a look at the HomeCo website.
They've also got possible matching sites to Tesla dots in Chullora (Sydney Central) and Box Hill (Melbourne East).

Reactions: Leeroy and Chuq
So a week to the end of the quarter and no updates :(.
Think safe to say that it's a bust on the majority of Q4 2021 sites, and Kirrawee seems stranded.

I got excited when the Tesla maps looked different today but no change to the dots.

Hopefully we get an update in the first week of Jan like last year.

So to close out 2021...
* 11 new sites (Inc Horsham permanent) to 46
* 46 new stalls to 242
* Victoria and WA looked after, after a couple of years of not much. Majority V3 chargers

* Colac, Vic - 3 V3 - 2-Jun-2021
* Geelong (Corio), Vic - 6 V3 - 28-May-2021
* Horsham, Vic - 3 V3 - 6-Dec-2021.
* Melbourne (Mornington), Vic - 6 V3 - 14-Dec-2021
* Moe, Vic - 3 V3 - 8-Sep-2021
* Warrnambool, Vic - 3 V3 - 4-Dec- 2021
* Yea, Vic - 4 V2 - 14-Apr-2021
* Brisbane (Toombul), Qld - 6 V3 - 9 May 2021
* Perth (Karrinyup), WA - 6 V3 - 29-Jul-2021
* Williams, WA - 3 V3 - 19-Aug-2021
* Devonport, Tas - 3 V3 - 24 May 2021

Plus two near complete sites that never appeared as Coming Soon sites.
* Sydney (Kirrawee), NSW - 6 V3
* Tailem Bend, SA - 6 V3

But a whole heap of misses which were listed as Q4 2021:
* Sydney (Central/Homebush), NSW
* Sydney (East/Woolahra), NSW
* Wollongong, NSW
* Bairnsdale/ Lakes Entrance, Vic
* Melbourne (CBD), Vic
* Melbourne (East/Nunawading), Vic
* Bundaberg (Childers), Qld

Last edited:
Ok so we are approaching the end of January 2022 and according to the tesla website, the Bundaberg (childers) site still has a target opening of Q4 2021. Come on Tesla, deliver the superchargers promised, or at least update us on any delays with new targets.

With my model 3 EDD in February, and a trip planned from the Gold Coast to Airlie Beach in April this year, am I dreaming that Bundaberg and/or Rockhampton supercharger sites might be open by then? I know there is the QLD electric superhighway, but I'm not looking forward to the prospect of multiple longer stops at 50kW max chargers, particularly if there is a wait for any other cars also needing a charge.

Is there anything we can do collectively as current and future Tesla owners to let let the powers that be know that the rapid expansion of the supercharger network in Australia for road trips is super important to us?

As above Bundaberg wasn't alone, and you'll soon realise many dates with Tesla are at best wishful thinking.

That said we are now 5.5 months since the last map update, and Elon had said at the start of 2021 that updates would be quarterly.

Before this it was far more ad hoc and they only listed years.

But you can't do much - it could be way out of Teslas control. Lots of things like failure to agree a site lease, council approvals, power issues or delays can cause setbacks.

Very minor change to the maps today with the dot for Sydney Kirrawee added.

Sydney Central/ Homebush has been shifted back from Q4 2021 to Q2 2022.

All the other Q4 2021 sites appear unchanged and I can't find any other changes to the 2022 sites.

So I'm assuming this is linked to Kirrawee going live rather than being a wholesale update.

Noting the developer, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sydney Central charger in the Mirvac Pavilions development at Olympic Park. Not as much retail as Kirrawee but it's still got an IGA and public parking on site.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Vostok and ST1986