Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent the recent article on planned Superchargers to a friend of mine attempting to persuade him to get a Tesla like me. The article included this map:
642087-69818fec-ce7a-11e4-b984-a9aecfa33688.jpg

The Philistine then sent me this:

Location of every Petrol Station in Australia:
NationalPetrolStationsExtentMap.jpg

So I replied and sent him this;

Location of every power-point in Australia:
location of every power point.png

Last edited:
With regards to the Supercharger in Richmond.
I wonder if they would allow me to charge up while I was at the football? Probably not convenient for others as I would be away for probably 3-4 hrs I guess and it would block another user.
I would have traveled about 360 km from Portland, then juiced up ready for journey home. (That's how we do it now, up and back after the footy in the ICE.)
I guess I'll have to go up earlier and charge up, or after the footy. I assume about 45 minute wait. We usually get home about 3-4 AM after a night game.
Thoughts anyone ...

With regards to the Supercharger in Richmond.
I wonder if they would allow me to charge up while I was at the football? Probably not convenient for others as I would be away for probably 3-4 hrs I guess and it would block another user.
I would have traveled about 360 km from Portland, then juiced up ready for journey home. (That's how we do it now, up and back after the footy in the ICE.)
I guess I'll have to go up earlier and charge up, or after the footy. I assume about 45 minute wait. We usually get home about 3-4 AM after a night game.
Thoughts anyone ...

3-4 hours is enough time to charge up full from empty on a 22kW EVSE (on a telsa with dual chargers).. convincing a carpark near the football field (i think this is the closet one currently GE Capitol - Building 2 | Burnley, VIC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare ) to install one would then be the new challenge. as more infrastructure comes the easier it will get.

I see that the Sydney service centre is installing exterior HPWCs as well as the existing superchargers. I expect Melbourne will do the same. If that is the case then I am sure you could plug in to a HPWC for a few hours and not block a supercharger and so solve your problem. In Sydney the superchargers are out front of the gallery. The wall connectors are on the other side of the building outside the workshop. Presumably they are there to change vehicles in for service or predelivey.

3-4 hours is enough time to charge up full from empty on a 22kW EVSE (on a telsa with dual chargers).. convincing a carpark near the football field (i think this is the closet one currently GE Capitol - Building 2 | Burnley, VIC | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare ) to install one would then be the new challenge. as more infrastructure comes the easier it will get.
I see that the Sydney service centre is installing exterior HPWCs as well as the existing superchargers. I expect Melbourne will do the same. If that is the case then I am sure you could plug in to a HPWC for a few hours and not block a supercharger and so solve your problem. In Sydney the superchargers are out front of the gallery. The wall connectors are on the other side of the building outside the workshop. Presumably they are there to change vehicles in for service or predelivey.

Thanks. That would be handy.

Is it just me or do others get the impression that Tesla is running a little behind schedule in installing superchargers in Australia? I mean we have Goulburn nominated and Richmond under construction. But it is nearing the end of April.... Shouldn't we have had a further half dozen nominations by now? Chip chop. Adelaide to Brisbane by end of next year is quite a claim. Every 200km right? Maybe I'm just impatient. Things take time.

Planning takes the longest time. Paperwork, back and forth with contractors, council, landowners etc.

Once a site is nailed down it should only take a couple of months to get materials to the location and get it underway.