Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And this entire post has been thrown out of whack by the surprise appearance of Supercharger - Abbotsford, Vic !
It makes one wonder which other sites (known with permit or otherwise) might be proceeding without anyone noticing.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Tesla themselves made a feed/page to update which locations were being worked on!

Mind - I have a question that I'm curious on, and Google doesn't seem to want to answer. With respect to Supercharger voting, what do the results actually mean? Does the top site in the Asia/Pacific list get built? Or the tope 3 sites? Or none?

I'm not discounting the process - I think it's awesome that they are asking for this type of input - but what isn't clear (and I've probably missed it somewhere) is what a round of voting actually achieves.

Last edited:
Mind - I have a question that I'm curious on, and Google doesn't seem to want to answer. With respect to Supercharger voting, what do the results actually mean? Does the top site in the Asia/Pacific list get built? Or the tope 3 sites? Or none?
The top five sites in each region at the end of every quarter get moved onto the main Supercharger map as a to-be-built site.

See for example previous winner Apollo Bay.

Wouldn't it be awesome if Tesla themselves made a feed/page to update which locations were being worked on!
If I were Tesla, I would not publicise any request by a landlord/ building operator to build SC. There is increasing competition for SC location sites
No publicity during the build is best
I wonder if the provisional sites are a Tesla installation request rather than a landlord request to Tesla.?

I'm hearing that some are speculating that Tesla is very fast with its building process of SC.

It goes to show though, that there is really no restrictions to EV charging within buildings. If Tesla can put in V3 SC in a building, building managers should put in AC chargers

Reactions: meloccom
I hope there are some leftover V4 superchargers for poor us 😕

The project aims at deploying 6,458 recharging points (250 kW) for LDV in 613 locations in 16 countries (AT, BE, BG, DE, ES, FI, FR, IE, IT, LV, LT, LU, NL, RO, SK, SE) along the Core and Comprehensive Network.
The project aims to deploy 740 recharging points (250 kW) for LDV in 74 locations in 6 countries (CZ, EL, HR, HU, PL, SI) along the Core and Comprehensive Network.

Interesting the replacement of outdated equipment (think NSW and Qld excluded this)

Believe Tesla replaced all V1 stalls in the US with V2 (same cabinets) but it hasn't done anything with V2.
At some sites they've added V3 to an existing V2 install.

It would certainly be good if Tesla was able to upgrade the V2 stalls and cabinets (with their power sharing) at sites that get really busy during holiday periods.

On the supercharger voting call-to-action: This is the write-up/summary I'm going to use to suggest to the admins of the big Aussie Tesla/EV FB groups - proofread/thoughts anyone?
I would suggest less imperative language around the sites.

Rather than "vote for these sites", something more like "If you aren't sure which sites to vote for, I suggest these would be the biggest bang for buck". I know you're concerned about already-funded sites getting up, but people really don't like to feel like they're being told what to do and I think being too firm about which sites to vote for is likely to make people ignore it altogether. If even a small fraction of those groups vote, it's not going to matter about co-ordinating them too much, we should easily fill out the top five...

Seriously, how many people do you expect to be driving across the Nullabor in a Model S? Of course it'll be the most trafficked routes first.
9 years after this comment, we’ll over 100 EVs have crossed so far, maybe a dozen model S, still no Superchargers or fast DC between Whyalla and Perth, just crowd funded bits and pieces.

• Love
Reactions: [Zombie]
Sydney Macquarie also added to ToU list.
Screenshot_20230920-124354.png