Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your the first I've personally heard, keep an eye on inventory over the next month as the hundreds of Model Y coming in April will no doubt have some more cancellations that might interest you otherwise might be lucky enough to get one reassigned to you.
Ah, interesting. Thanks!

I was told by a Tesla Rep after my test drive to avoid Blue or White Model Y's as the wait times were significant and to go for an alternate colour. I chose grey so hopefully a shorter wait time.

I ordered a Black Model Y SR on March 4th and currently have a delivery date of April 8th - 28th

Wow! Do you have an invoice that shows the build date? I think you might have picked up a lucky cancellation which is great as I think you'll find you're part of the 500 cars sitting in Singapore at the moment waiting for a ship to Fremantle. BTW don't get too excited by your date as if you are with the 500 then it's not arriving to Fremantle until 20th April so your delivery date will change eventually and probably late April, early May.

For the 500 others dugong ace just got allocated.

1679982235053.png

Reactions: shadab
Wow! Do you have an invoice that shows the build date? I think you might have picked up a lucky cancellation which is great as I think you'll find you're part of the 500 cars sitting in Singapore at the moment waiting for a ship to Fremantle. BTW don't get too excited by your date as if you are with the 500 then it's not arriving to Fremantle until 20th April so your delivery date will change eventually and probably late April, early May.
Invoice says Build Date: 12/02/2023

I was kinds hoping early/mid April based on the dates given but I'll be happy enough with anytime in April.

Invoice says Build Date: 12/02/2023

I was kinds hoping early/mid April based on the dates given but I'll be happy enough with anytime in April.
You’ll be the same boat as myself which is dugong ace arriving 20th april and will likely get delivery in May. Tesla say they try to prioritise deliveries based on order date but at the end of the day it’s just what car is easiest to do first for them. Bloody sucks as I reckon I’ve probably waited the longest for a model Y RWD in WA, nothing on the MYP peeps from day 1 of course haha

Last edited:
Yeah this is some BS, i was probably one of the first in WA to order on day 1, MYP, now im allocated to Dugong so not even in the first 100 so got another month+ to wait! >:-[

There was a few very early morning day 1 orders that didn't make the first 100 (well first 85 MYP as there is 15 RWD on the ship) which was weird. Hopefully the 16 days between Orca Ace delivery and Dugong delivery to Fremantle flies by.

Orca Ace should have left Singapore 2 hours ago. Hopefully will in the next few hours.

Well disappointed dugong ace has been bumped, I wonder if it’s still going to be coming to Fremantle or it’s been rerouted elsewhere.

I personally don’t think world spirit will hold as the ship for the delivery to Fremantle either. World spirit usually only does intra Asia ports like Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia so this will be out of the ordinary but guess that’s what it’s come to. Maybe it’s the same as the orca ace delivery that was slated for Thailand before Fremantle which eventually was changed back to directly from Singapore to Fremantle.

My guess atm with dugong ace being unallocated is the slight chance of it being reallocated but I think we will see wisdom ace on this itinerary at some stage otherwise the mid May transport which I don’t think has even been scheduled yet…