Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone confirm if the TM3 comes with both a 15Amp and 10Amp plug for the mobile charger? And will the 15Amp plug charge faster?

Would I be correct in assuming that if I bought this - 20 Meter 15amp Extra Heavy Duty Power Extension Cable Lead Cord With 10amp Plug | eBay
"20 Meter 15amp Extra Heavy Duty Power Extension Cable Lead Cord With 10amp Plug"
Then I would be able to use it to plug into either a 15Amp or 10Amp wall socket.

This would save me having to have 2 extension leads in the car (both a 15Amp and 10Amp)

Also looking at getting one of these - Ampfibian X1 Connector Protector, Weatherproof Extension Lead Protector NEW | eBay

Been lurking for a while. I feel happy and excited for the lucky few who have confirmed delivery dates for their cars.
For the rest of us all we can do is remain patient.
Red SR+
1 April 2016 res
6 June order
Hidden Vin 4622XX
Any idea which boat this might be on?
Being a motor trimmer looks like I’ll be making my own matts!
Do you accept urgent orders to make one for me for Tuesday :)

This is the payment details for Tesla:

Beneficiary Name: Tesla Motors Australia Pty Ltd
Beneficiary BSB: 248 074
Beneficiary Account: 108658656
Beneficiary Bank: Citibank

I am picking my Black M3-SR+ on Tuesday 10th of September from Sydney Alexandria.

Has anyone actually have received any M3 in Sydney?
the beneficiary account on both of my invoices ( one reissued due to invoicing error) is different!

Agree with you on that last part. I think people are getting frustrated because of the lack of info rather than the actual process. I think even if they rang people and told them delivery would be 6 weeks after they were expecting they would be understanding for the most part.

I wasn't expecting delivery till November. I haven't had any calls whatsoever. The hidden VIN popped up 3 days ago so it will be interesting to see what happens.
On the positive side each time I have emailed Melbourne delivery they have responded the next day. I'd have to say they are more focused than my leasing company!

Everyones worst nightmare just happened for me.

Phone rang with an unfamiliar number whilst I was in a meeting at work.
I got voicemail and it was Tesla wanting to arrange a delivery date.

Why didn't I just answer........ WHY????????????

They emailed asking for a convenient time to call back. ANYTIME!!!

Note. Not meaning to pee anyone off but I ordered 24th August, no reservation so I'm assuming they are getting through the backlog quick. P3+ white and white in SYD.
Same issue! Every time they called I was in a work meeting and could not answer. Email back with times that suit and they will call at your nominated time

Ok so have some news to share.. after getting a little tired of the lack of information I sent another email to the Melbourne delivery team. I got this email reply this afternoon that revealed just how big the delivery challenge is.

Tesla typically don't talk about sales numbers outside earnings calls, but looks like the Model 3 has sold amazingly well in Australia - https://techau.com.au/tesla-has-sold-thousands-of-model-3s-in-australia-making-it-the-best-selling-ev-in-the-country/
That is self promotion. There is nothing new in that message or your article. Sorry.

In fact, what response?

Last edited:
E19C6038-2A03-4B7D-A877-B59E925ACA02.jpeg
Has anybody sorted custom plates for their new car?
I was able to get these from vic roads about 3 years ago in anticipation.
Soon they’ll see the light of day.

• Funny
Reactions: TASKA9
That is self promotion. There is nothing new in that message or your article. Sorry.
@Jason Cartwright @sczsimos has a point. TMC is not a vehicle to promote your online presence.
Whilst the Model 3 mania is ongoing I’ll give it a pass but if you wish to promote on TMC you need to become a sponsor.
To become a sponsor click the contact us on the bottom of any page and talk to Doug about this.

I have now joined Team Lucky, I got my call today.

P+ Blue
Res: Jan 19
Order: Day 1
Alexandria pickup on 23rd Sept
4617 VIN

I see we are of the same VINtage
I have only just been blessed with a hidden VIN, 4618
found it on the 5/09/19 been searching every day

P+
no reservation
ordered 03/06/19
hidden VIN 4618

No contact from Tesla
What a difference a few digits makes
I'll be expecting Obi-Wan DSobi to force the $$ out of me sometime in October
Yes these are the Tesla's you're looking for!

Reactions: Ploddy