Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those waiting in Perth. I swung by autonexus today. SOrry I can't find the post of whoever posted other photos earlier (can't be bothered looking through so many posts in just one week away is more accurate!), but they're pretty similar, although I think taken with a longer lens.

As previously stated, they're right up front. Unfortunately I couldn't see my SR+ in blue, but these blue ones look great. I was really worried about the colour being too dark for my liking, but they've great in real life.

IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7423.JPG
IMG_7427.JPG
IMG_7428.JPG
IMG_7429.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7431.JPG
IMG_7432.JPG
IMG_7421.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
IMG_7423.JPG
IMG_7427.JPG
IMG_7428.JPG
IMG_7429.JPG
IMG_7430.JPG
IMG_7431.JPG
IMG_7432.JPG

Reactions: DavidRL
View attachment 451233 Has anybody sorted custom plates for their new car?
I was able to get these from vic roads about 3 years ago in anticipation.
Soon they’ll see the light of day.

Even before the model 3 reveal, about 20 minutes after they announced it'd be called the model 3, i reserved the painfully simple "MODEL 3" here in WA. Only problem is I don't remember what colour I ordered :( Hopefully they match the car.

I've picked up a "To cancel your order, submit a request" link on my order status page that wasn't there before.

Or I mean, I did have it very briefly before, for like maybe a day or so, not long after placing the order. But then it disappeared. That was weeks ago.

It's back now. Unsure if it means anything.

Haven't received the promised call yet.

For those waiting in Perth. I swung by autonexus today. SOrry I can't find the post of whoever posted other photos earlier (can't be bothered looking through so many posts in just one week away is more accurate!), but they're pretty similar, although I think taken with a longer lens.

As previously stated, they're right up front. Unfortunately I couldn't see my SR+ in blue, but these blue ones look great. I was really worried about the colour being too dark for my liking, but they've great in real life.

View attachment 451234 View attachment 451235 View attachment 451236 View attachment 451237 View attachment 451238 View attachment 451239 View attachment 451240 View attachment 451241 View attachment 451242 View attachment 451234 View attachment 451235 View attachment 451236 View attachment 451237 View attachment 451238 View attachment 451239 View attachment 451240 View attachment 451241 View attachment 451242

You could've done us all a favour and jumped the fence to get better photos ;)

• Funny
Reactions: DavidRL and ICUDoc
the beneficiary account on both of my invoices ( one reissued due to invoicing error) is different!
It’s a dozens of pages back, but it was confirmed Tesla uses virtual accounts for payment. So every person has a unique account number. The important part is confirming the BSB is the same and registered as Tesla.

Also very possible Tesla just links a new account number to every invoice. Makes for easy reconciliation of the invoice. This is fairly common now.

Knowing my luck mine is the one covered in muck!

As someone also waiting on a blue SR+ I might be just a little biased but I have to agree with you there. That blue looks amazing on the 3 and it seems to have such a wide range depending on the lighting conditions - dark blue in overcast light through to royal/electic blue on a bright day.

Personally, I think the red and blue are fantastic colours for the smaller fun-sized car that is the Model 3. That said, all Teslas look amazing in black and white as well.

Can someone confirm if the TM3 comes with both a 15Amp and 10Amp plug for the mobile charger? And will the 15Amp plug charge faster?

People who have recieve them are saying yes.The 10A tail will charge at 10A, the 15A tail will charge at 15A

Would I be correct in assuming that if I bought this - 20 Meter 15amp Extra Heavy Duty Power Extension Cable Lead Cord With 10amp Plug | eBay
"20 Meter 15amp Extra Heavy Duty Power Extension Cable Lead Cord With 10amp Plug"
Then I would be able to use it to plug into either a 15Amp or 10Amp wall socket.

This would save me having to have 2 extension leads in the car (both a 15Amp and 10Amp)

No that isnt correct. If the lead has a 10A socket on the end, you can only use the 10A tail, so can only charge at 10A. To use the 15A tail, you would need an extension lead with 15A socket on the end so you can plug in the 15A tail.[

As someone also waiting on a blue SR+ I might be just a little biased but I have to agree with you there. That blue looks amazing on the 3 and it seems to have such a wide range depending on the lighting conditions - dark blue in overcast light through to royal/electic blue on a bright day.

Personally, I think the red and blue are fantastic colours for the smaller fun-sized car that is the Model 3. That said, all Teslas look amazing in black and white as well.
Oh man or woman

Can someone confirm if the TM3 comes with both a 15Amp and 10Amp plug for the mobile charger? And will the 15Amp plug charge faster?

Would I be correct in assuming that if I bought this - 20 Meter 15amp Extra Heavy Duty Power Extension Cable Lead Cord With 10amp Plug | eBay
"20 Meter 15amp Extra Heavy Duty Power Extension Cable Lead Cord With 10amp Plug"
Then I would be able to use it to plug into either a 15Amp or 10Amp wall socket.

This would save me having to have 2 extension leads in the car (both a 15Amp and 10Amp)

Also looking at getting one of these - Ampfibian X1 Connector Protector, Weatherproof Extension Lead Protector NEW | eBay

Model 3 mobile connector comes with a 10A and 15A tail that plugs into the body of the connector. The 10A plug will fit into 10A household sockets and 15A sockets (commonly found in Caravan parks) and give you approx 2kW of charging power at 10A and the 15A tail will give you 3kW at 15A but will only fit into 15A sockets due to the larger earth pin.
Before buying the extension lead check with the supplier that the wires are at least 2.5mm² , and when used make sure it is fully uncoiled.

View attachment 451234 View attachment 451235 View attachment 451236 View attachment 451237 View attachment 451238 View attachment 451239 View attachment 451240 View attachment 451241 View attachment 451242 View attachment 451234 View attachment 451235 View attachment 451236 View attachment 451237 View attachment 451238 View attachment 451239 View attachment 451240 View attachment 451241 View attachment 451242

Good effort. Kind of frustrating seeing all the cars just sitting there and not being delivered to their wailing owners:)

Even before the model 3 reveal, about 20 minutes after they announced it'd be called the model 3, i reserved the painfully simple "MODEL 3" here in WA. Only problem is I don't remember what colour I ordered :( Hopefully they match the car.

Should park both cars next to each other to get ‘T3SL4 MODEL 3’. I reserved ‘TZLA’. Not much choice left in WA. Looking forward to some model 3 spotting soon

No that isnt correct. If the lead has a 10A socket on the end, you can only use the 10A tail, so can only charge at 10A. To use the 15A tail, you would need an extension lead with 15A socket on the end so you can plug in the 15A tail.[

OK, so I won't get 15Amp charging speeds, but I can plug the cable into a 10Amp or a 15Amp wall socket and charge the car, but I will be limited to using the 10Amp tail only because of the 10Amp plug on the end of the extension cord.

I could swap the plug on the end of the extension cord to a 15Amp plug, and have the ability to plug in either the 10Amp or a 15Amp tail depending what wall socket I have access to. This is a bit risky if I make an error and the wall socket is only 10Amp rated, the tail will pull 15Amps. I don't see myself making that error, but it is a risk, I will think about that one.....

OK, so I won't get 15Amp charging speeds, but I can plug the cable into a 10Amp or a 15Amp wall socket and charge the car, but I will be limited to using the 10Amp tail only because of the 10Amp plug on the end of the extension cord.

I could swap the plug on the end of the extension cord to a 15Amp plug, and have the ability to plug in either the 10Amp or a 15Amp tail depending what wall socket I have access to. This is a bit risky if I make an error and the wall socket is only 10Amp rated, the tail will pull 15Amps. I don't see myself making that error, but it is a risk, I will think about that one.....

Just do what I have done. Get a 10A to 15A Ampfibian. And buy a 15A extension lead. This keeps you legal and safe.

Ampfibian | Mini 15A to 10A Power Adaptor for DIY | Store You can buy this at Bunnings and price match to like 65 bucks.

If you use a 15A outlet only need to use the extension lead + 15 A Tesla lead. If you use a 10A outlet, can use the Ampfibian + 15A extension lead + 10A Tesla plug at end. The 10A will plug into the 15A female socket. Easy solution and you'll. always be ready to charge.

re: Au/NZ numbers. The NZTA August data is up, and there are 60 cars listed. Unbelievably this is exactly the number that the DS told me were on the first ship. 26 SR+, 34 P-/P+/LRAWD (all listed as performance).
I think 60 is for the quarter so far, so will include the 6 press cars that came in on the earlier ship. I've managed to find plates for all except 1 of them now. We've also tracked 35 new registrations in September in the first week. Its really hotting up! NZ Model 3 Registrations

Reactions: Vedaprime
Just do what I have done. Get a 10A to 15A Ampfibian. And buy a 15A extension lead. This keeps you legal and safe.

Ampfibian | Mini 15A to 10A Power Adaptor for DIY | Store You can buy this at Bunnings and price match to like 65 bucks.

If you use a 15A outlet only need to use the extension lead + 15 A Tesla lead. If you use a 10A outlet, can use the Ampfibian + 15A extension lead + 10A Tesla plug at end. The 10A will plug into the 15A female socket. Easy solution and you'll. always be ready to charge.

Or simply buy 1 x 10A extension lead and 1 x 15A extension lead. Use different plug to match with the outlet. I think it is cheaper and simpler.

It is not recommended to use extension cord to charge EVs. I will only use it in case of emergency. It is not wise to use it on daily basis.

I have a Nissan Leaf for almost 5 years. I always have the extension lead in my car but I never need to use it. I doubt if I need it in my Model 3. 10A and 15A is way too slow for traveling and I will charge my car with the wall charger included at home. Higher power charging is more efficient.

Been lurking for a while. I feel happy and excited for the lucky few who have confirmed delivery dates for their cars.
For the rest of us all we can do is remain patient.
Red SR+
1 April 2016 res
6 June order
Hidden Vin 4622XX
Any idea which boat this might be on?
Being a motor trimmer looks like I’ll be making my own matts!
That’s a new range. It will now depend on build date for you - you won’t get that until the invoice. It was either - on Brotonne Bridge arrived Sydney August 30, and it is going through logistics, or if the build date ends up being July 31, it will be ANL Warrnambool, arriving Sydney this Sunday night.

I’ve added the range to the tracker