Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The day about to kick off in Richmond. One on the left might be mine. So excited!!!

Attachments

• 3BF87B66-3882-40F6-8A69-D348E52A9F10.jpeg
    3BF87B66-3882-40F6-8A69-D348E52A9F10.jpeg
    503.3 KB · Views: 65
I’ve just found my own registration number and vin pop up in qld. Delivery scheduled for tomorrow.
My delivery is early tomorrow in Brisbane also. No rego yet. No reminder call yet. Date and time hasn’t changed so I image the wheels are turning slowly somewhere.

This is the drawback of buying a car “ early” and visiting this site lots (my bad). The urge to compare minutiae.

With many cars arriving on Cap Capricorn on the 16th of August surely they will all require charging by now.

Are these cars just sitting around going flat or are they being charged? They've now had a couple of months of just being on a boat and sitting around. Hope they aren't being left in a low SOC, not great for the pack.

Trying very hard to not complain about the delivery process but really struggling to understand how these cars arrived 6 weeks ago and still no sign of delivery. Just give people a date, even if it's a month away.

I know that a whole lot of you are waiting for delivery (myself included, although I would say that I am several weeks away) but just thought I'd mention that I was fortunate enough to have a solo test drive of an SR+ in Brisbane yesterday (due to the staff being completely under the pump with deliveries). This is the first Tesla I've been in, let alone driven My order was pretty much based on the hype and positive comments from this forum (and the desire to get out of my ICE car) and it's definitely solidified my decision. I left the regen on Standard and was one foot driving pretty comfortably within a couple of minutes, I even managed to get the trademark Tesla grin by putting the foot down probably more than I should have. Fantastic car, can't wait for mine to arrive.

With many cars arriving on Cap Capricorn on the 16th of August surely they will all require charging by now.

Are these cars just sitting around going flat or are they being charged? They've now had a couple of months of just being on a boat and sitting around. Hope they aren't being left in a low SOC, not great for the pack.

Trying very hard to not complain about the delivery process but really struggling to understand how these cars arrived 6 weeks ago and still no sign of delivery. Just give people a date, even if it's a month away.

they would get some type of charge in logistics. Also I am seeing a rotation of cars through the ac chargers (in Brisbane at least). Yesterday they were fitting new 12v batteries to a bunch of them.

I know that a whole lot of you are waiting for delivery (myself included, although I would say that I am several weeks away) but just thought I'd mention that I was fortunate enough to have a solo test drive of an SR+ in Brisbane yesterday (due to the staff being completely under the pump with deliveries). This is the first Tesla I've been in, let alone driven My order was pretty much based on the hype and positive comments from this forum (and the desire to get out of my ICE car) and it's definitely solidified my decision. I left the regen on Standard and was one foot driving pretty comfortably within a couple of minutes, I even managed to get the trademark Tesla grin by putting the foot down probably more than I should have. Fantastic car, can't wait for mine to arrive.

Is that the white SR+ by any chance? If so I drove it three weeks ago today for the first time. The Telsa guy took me down to Eat Street where we did a couple of passes to look for cops, and then said to floor it from a standing start.

I shall never forget the squeal and swearing from the back seat where my wife was sitting.

Reactions: ATSC and Hairyman
I’ll make some decisions after Debussy. I will need some driving time. I think I will end up with a little less detailed tracking but continue the high level ship tracking and continue the deciphering the hidden vin journey for new customers.
And for a few of us who haven't got any VIN yet. It would be really appreciated if you could continue doing this.

Melbourne staff told me on last Saturday that they had enough cars for up to Oct 4th. And none was assigned to me. Not sure if she included Debussy because at the time, your spreadsheet said she would arrive on the 4th. I was told I would not hear anything until October.