Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is strange that there has been no new information about more RHD VIN registrations for M3 since the one almost 2 weeks ago:
Tesla Registers First VIN Batch Of Right-Hand Drive Model 3
Also there has been no information if those 283 or so RHD M3-s have been manufactured or still in the process of being made.
Hope there will be more information coming soon though as they cannot stay hidden for long.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-01-at-9.58.10-AM.jpg

It is strange that there has been no new information about more RHD VIN registrations for M3 since the one almost 2 weeks ago:
Also there has been no information if those 283 or so RHD M3-s have been manufactured or still in the process of being made.
Hope there will be more information coming soon though as they cannot stay hidden for long.
With whom does Tesla register VINs? Is it relevant to cars about to be exported?

With whom does Tesla register VINs? Is it relevant to cars about to be exported?
VIN-s are registered for all cars produced and relevant for exports as well as all other car production. There is a site that has been tracking VIN-s registered:
Model 3 VINs
They have also option to see NA vs International VIN-s. they don't appear to differentiate RHD yet, but that might be because there are not that many RHD VIN-s registered.
The person doing that site appears also active on twitter and giving more info on the M3 VIN registrations.
Model 3 VINs on Twitter

Reactions: Hovean

I would have thought that M3's would be delivered to SC's for display and for test drives at the time the configs/orders were opened up. As all configured cars are made to order, it is possible those early RHD vin's are on their way as demos.

I would have thought that M3's would be delivered to SC's for display and for test drives at the time the configs/orders were opened up. As all configured cars are made to order, it is possible those early RHD vin's are on their way as demos.
I thought those may have been for the Tesla employees, demo cars and showrooms and possibly for the compliance tests in different countries as they may need to undergo crash tests and stuff in some of the countries before getting compliance stickers?

FSD is now the same price before and after delivery for the Model 3 (as well as S and X) looking S and X Aus pricing and 3 overseas pricing. Good for us.
Tesla changes Full Self-Driving pricing again, tries to simplify it

S and X have an almost $4k AUD base price drop to $108100. Model 3 overseas remains at $39,900 USD for SR+
Tesla cuts base price of new Model S and Model X vehicles

And free supercharging on added to some S and X inventory stock. Not Model 3.
Tesla brings back Free Unlimited Supercharging again to sell inventory cars

Seems like the same old demand levers are being pulled again as we near end of quarter.

I thought those may have been for the Tesla employees, demo cars and showrooms and possibly for the compliance tests in different countries as they may need to undergo crash tests and stuff in some of the countries before getting compliance stickers?

Certainly staff in US got them first - probably moreso for beta testing before general release. I don't know about anywhere else.
Homogolation certainly before releasing here. For sure, Tesla will sell more if people can test drive first before ordering.

I suspect the M3 is cutting deep into their demand of S and X. This is why they try to sweeten the pot for the S and X both existing inventory and new orders. Also the FSD after delivery does not really cost Tesla anything more and most likely their after delivery sales for it were very low, so they decided that higher sales will boost their income :)

The script seems to work.
If you remove the "en_AU/" from the URL, it says "Available" in green, and with the "en_AU/" in the URL it says: "Not Available" in red.
Probably want to send an email or something, also it terminates as-is, so you may want to modify it a bit to keep looping.