Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch, Elon just announced on Twitter that FSD increasing in price by $1000 (US$ I guess) from Nov 1. Assuming it increases here too, that's going to be superbad with the LCT on top.

the worst part: even if we intended to add FSD post delivery (to save on LCT), we won't get the opportunity at the current price if we don't have our cars yet :|

I haven't installed the home charger yet, but as per Tesla site, Tesla Model 3 has a (max) 11kW on board charger with a typical added range of 75 km/h for home charging.
The jetcharge site charging information about Tesla 3 also states that 32A single-phase is capable of 7.2kW and 16A three-phase is capable of 11kW and anything higher (i.e. 22A three-phase) will not charge Tesla model 3 faster than 11kW. The 22A will probably only help Model S and model X to charge faster as they have a 16.5kW on board charger.

• Informative
Reactions: MonicaPlease
Just wondering what charging speeds people are getting at home.
I get 52 km/h
Is this average?

I get about 52 km/h as well on my charger at the beach house (which is on single phase 32 amp). At home on 3-phase 16 Amp, I get up to 75 km/h. These rate are about 40% better than the charging rates I used to get on my Model S - so I'm pretty happy with that.

At home, I tend to dial-down the amps, to match the solar production (say, to 8 Kw) and any pre-charge in our PW2 and choose the time of day to charge (normally just on a Saturday or Sunday) - it's great to be able to control and decide all this.

Also my foglights are greyed out and I cannot use them. I'm pretty sure Australian Teslas come with foglights?
From what I heard, if they are greyed out, you will be able to use them if the conditions are right (car is driving and headlights are on, might be something more needed). I can see mine has fog lights physically but there is no button for them, not even greyed out one.