Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone wants my reservation spot? I reserved in March 2016 but over the last couple year, I dont drive that much anymore so I'm thinking of keeping my current car. Feel free to contact me if you would like to jump the queue :p
There is no queue to jump. Anyone can order from today, reservationists or not. And I reckon it will make no difference to when someone receives the car.

In any event, reservations are non-transferable. Re-read the reservation agreement that you read when you indicated you accepted the terms and conditions when you originally reserved.

I am now really torn between putting the order in now and waiting to see if the options/configuration I want may become available shortly...
I’m not torn, I’m waiting! LR RWD or AWD, white interior. I’m not going to spend $80k+ on something that is not what I want. I’d just end up feeling regret when what I want becomes available.

But this is pretty weird, isn’t it? Why would Tesla not offer the other variants from the get-go? Why not offer white interior? RHD seats are the same as LHD seats, so what gives? o_O It’s all rather odd, isn’t it?

Reactions: Hovean
I’m not torn, I’m waiting! LR RWD or AWD, white interior. I’m not going to spend $80k+ on something that is not what I want. I’d just end up feeling regret when what I want becomes available.

But this is pretty weird, isn’t it? Why would Tesla not offer the other variants from the get-go? Why not offer white interior? RHD seats are the same as LHD seats, so what gives? o_O It’s all rather odd, isn’t it?
Possibly tesla trying to control orders, and judging by the lack of options, keep production ultra simple.

Maybe wait a few more days?

Attachments

• 3ED9E4A7-F2F0-4CCD-AACE-88418DE6CCAD.png
    3ED9E4A7-F2F0-4CCD-AACE-88418DE6CCAD.png
    690.1 KB · Views: 59
Is the white option available in the UK. Surprised at the overall difference between Australia and UK order page. Would have thought it would be cheaper to just keep them with a consistent manufacturing line for RHD... very weird
Unfortunately the rationalle behind tesla decisions is a science that us mortals will never understand. Its probbaly why they managed to reinvent the car.

• Funny
Reactions: baillies
Is the white option available in the UK. Surprised at the overall difference between Australia and UK order page. Would have thought it would be cheaper to just keep them with a consistent manufacturing line for RHD... very weird
I just looked at the UK Configurator and it’s now the same as AUS - except tow hitch is still an option. But only the same 2 configs listed, and only black interior. I’m pretty sure LR AWD and white interior were options when the UK configurator opened.

You are right, it makes no sense for different RHD markets to have different options... and now it seems they do not.:confused:

The mysterious ways of Tesla...

Jumped in today to place my order but was after LR RWD for max range and towbar oh and decent wheels. I guess I'll have to wait. Anyone spoken to tesla? I emailed them so wait to hear. We should all bombard them with request for more options surely in Aust we need the driving range so why does UK have all the options?

Just checked - UK & Australia pages are the same - except the tow hitch available in the UK.

So it seems that there are no white interior RHD at all yet - and likely only two types rolling off the production lines - SR + & Performance.

I can understand ramping up slowly - I just thought they'd go for Performance & LR (which i wanted) first.

Sorry - Just seen your post Vostok

Just checked - UK & Australia pages are the same - except the tow hitch available in the UK.

So it seems that there are no white interior RHD at all yet - and likely only two types rolling off the production lines - SR + & Performance.

I can understand ramping up slowly - I just thought they'd go for Performance & LR (which i wanted) first.

Sorry - Just seen your post Vostok

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk
Replying to @BazBarnum @MartinWoolleyUK @ElecVehicleGuy
Feedback received. Restoring white interior.

6:31 PM - 31 May 2019